59 Assisted Living Facilities near Chino, CA
There are 59 Assisted Living Facilities in the Chino area, with 7 in Chino and 52 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Chino is $3,331 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595. Cheaper nearby regions include Ontario with an average starting cost of $3,042.
To help you with your search, browse the 224 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chino. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Chino 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pomona with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Chino find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chino, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Chino, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chino
Seniors looking for a dry climate and desert mountain ranges may love Chino. This city in San Bernardino County has a population of nearly 90,000 residents, 10 percent of whom are age 65 and older. Seniors who need support with the activities of daily living have six assisted living facilities to choose from in Chino. Nearby cities, including Pomona and Ontario, offer an additional 49 centers.
In Chino, as in the rest of California, assisted living communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services’ Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chino
- Summers are warm and dry in Chino, with a July average high of 92 degrees. With 285 sunny days on average and about 15 inches of rain, Chino's moderate year-round climate is a good choice for seniors seeking a desert-like environment.
- Chino offers innovative transportation options for seniors. The OmniTrans bus system’s Taxi RIDE & Lyft RIDE Program and the Transportation Reimbursement Escort Program (TREP) both provide seniors with comfortable ways to get around in lieu of public transportation.
- Chino’s overall cost of living is about 53 percent higher than the U.S. average. Seniors pay more in Chino for housing, transportation and utilities, but about 17 percent less for healthcare than the national average.
- Due to its location in San Bernardino County, Chino receives very poor grades for air quality from the American Lung Association. The region scores an “F” for both ozone pollution and particle pollution. This may pose a serious health risk to seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses and those who enjoy outdoor activities.
- Chino’s crime rates are fairly in line with the U.S. averages. Property crime in Chino is 36.1, compared to the U.S. average of 35.4. The city’s violent crime rate of 18.4 is less than the U.S. average of 22.7.
- The Chino area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Chino Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chino
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Chino start around $3,331 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chino and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chino
In California, the Medi-Cal program helps seniors pay for assisted living. The Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP) is currently available in 15 California counties, including San Bernardino County. Although seniors do not have to reside in the county to be eligible, they must be willing to move to an assisted living facility in a participating county. The ALWP program makes it possible for seniors who are eligible for nursing home care to instead choose an assisted living facility. While the program does not cover room and board, it does pay for personal care assistance, prepared meals and medication administration.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chino
Chino and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chino, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Chino Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chino
Chino-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chino
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Hillsborough
I went to Pacifica Senior Living Hillsborough. I thought their facilities were very nice and well maintained. They had a very nice courtyard for better weather. It looked like all the facilities we... Read more
Review of Hacienda Living
My mom and I toured Hacienda Living while looking for a place to move my dad who had late stage Alzheimer’s. From the moment we walked in we loved it there. It smelled like home cooked food and jus... Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Hillsborough
Everything is fine here at Pacifica Senior Living Hillsborough. I've been here about almost eight months now. If you can't be home, this is a really good place to be. It's well taken care of, and i... Read more