42 Assisted Living Facilities near Chino Hills, CA
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Chino Hills area, with 3 in Chino Hills and 39 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Chino Hills is $3,645 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Chino with an average starting cost of $2,597.
To help you with your search, browse the 218 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chino Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Chino Hills 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Chino with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Chino Hills find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chino Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Chino Hills, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chino Hills
In 2012, Chino Hills, California was ranked #34 out of “100 Best Places to Live.” It's also been on the list for "Safest Cities," as of 2016. Seniors here — 9.4 percent of over 74,000 residents — will find 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Chino area, with 3 in Chino and 39 nearby.
Assisted living facilities in Chino Hills, and all of California, are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly. They provide housing and assistance to seniors and are overseen by the California Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chino Hills
- Areavibes gives weather in Chino Hills an A, due to mild temperatures year round. The highest monthly average temperature in August is 77 degrees and the lowest monthly average in December is 53 degrees. Precipitation mainly occurs in the winter months, with the highest amount, 2 inches, falling in December.
- Although the air quality index in Chino Hills is 70 percent worse than the U.S. average, the pollution index is 83 percent better than the U.S. average. Seniors with respiratory complaints may need to keep a watchful eye on the air quality index before scheduling outdoor excursions.
- Compared to other cities across the country, the cost of living index in Chino Hills, CA, is 158, 14 percent higher than the California average and 58 percent higher than U.S. average. This is driven largely by the 30+ percent higher cost of retail goods and services and housing, which impacts the cost of assisted living here.
- Chino Hills is a relatively safe city with an overall crime rate 52 percent lower than the U.S. average. For every 100,000 people, there are 3.72 daily crimes, and Chino Hills is safer than 77 percent of the U.S. cities.
- The Chino Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Pomono Valley Health Centers, in the event of medical emergencies or illness. You can also use this hospital finder to locate hospitals and medical facilities in the area available to seniors in assisted living facilities.
- The Chino Hills Community Services Department has planned events for the 50+ crowd. Social gatherings, book clubs, exercise classes and card games are just a few of their sponsored activities along with educational seminars.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chino Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Chino Hills start around $3,645 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chino Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chino Hills
Seniors in Chino can find financial assistance via California's Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver program, which pays for services in assisted living facilities in several counties. The state provides an optional state supplement (OSS) to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients living in an assisted living facility and caps room and board charges for Medicaid-eligible residents to the combined federal SSI and OSS payments minus a personal needs allowance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chino Hills
Chino Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chino Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chino Hills
Chino Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Chino Hills, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chino Hills
Review of Oakmont of Chino Hills
The Oakmont of Chino Hills was a beautiful facility, we were very impressed, and it was within our budget. I was impressed by its cleanliness, and the attentiveness of the staff. The place was very... Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills
Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills did not impress me at all. First of all, the parking lot is in a gas station's parking lot. When you walk in it's nice, but there was absolutely nobody there in t... Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Chino Hills
My mom has been here 8 years this coming December. When we started this journey I had no idea how to navigate this new world or how we would take on our new roles. I had scheduled visits at 4 dif... Read more