99 Assisted Living Facilities
99 Assisted Living Facilities
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pomona
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
There are 99 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pomona area, with 5 in Pomona and 94 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 274 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pomona. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pomona 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pomona, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Pomona, CA
94 Assisted Living Facilities near Pomona, CA
Promotion ends in 7 days!
LET ATRIA UNLOAD SOME OF YOUR MOVING EXPENSES. Sign a lease now and unpack this money-saving limi... (more)
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pomona
Review of Mount San Antonio Gardens
My wife and I have been looking for the perfect retirement community for 1 1/2 yrs. In that time we have collected information on about 20 such places in the area of So. California we wanted as it ... Read more
Assisted Living near Los Angeles County, CA
More Options Near Pomona, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pomona
Pomona, California is named after Pomona, the Roman goddess of fruit and fruit trees, reflecting the city's prosperous citrus industry of the 1800s. Just over 9 percent of the city's 152,000 residents are seniors, and there are 60 assisted living facilities in the Pomona area to support them. Five of these are within the Pomona city limits and another 55 are in the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pomona
- The cost of living index in Pomona (128) is slightly higher than the United States average of 100 but lower than much of the rest of California (152). However, groceries and health care come in less than the national average at 95.5 and 93 respectively.
- The crime rate in Pomona is very high when it comes to both violent and property crimes. It is 18 percent higher than the state average and 24 percent above the national average. This means that safety could be a concern for the elderly living in the area, as well as the rest of the population.
- The weather in Pomona is extremely hot in July and August, with temperatures reaching close to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. The rest of the year, though, the temperature is a mild and pleasant 70 degrees for the most part with low precipitation.
- Pomona's air quality is very poor, coming in at 70 percent worse than the national average. This can be concerning to seniors with respiratory illnesses or lung conditions.
- Pomona has a number of transportation options geared toward senior citizens. The Pomona Valley Get About program, for example, encourages and assists seniors in getting around town and maintaining their independence.
- The Pomona area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pomona
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Pomona start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pomona and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pomona
Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an assisted living facility rather than a nursing home may receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver program, and eligible seniors can apply through Medi-Cal (California Medicaid). In addition, the state offers a supplement to assist those eligible for SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pomona
Pomona and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pomona
Pomona-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.