West Park Senior Living

Reviews of West Park Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for West Park Senior Living

March 29, 2017

By Linda546410

She is here, people seemed happy, and there are a lot of activities going on like taking people to doctors' appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays, go to a casino once a week, shopping on Thursdays, and shopping at Target. They do exercise classes every day, and sometimes they do cooking classes. They also have entertainment that comes in monthly. They have 1-room apartments, like a bathroom and a room together, and they clean their rooms and do their laundry for them once a week.

February 23, 2017

By Regina054122

It is a huge place with beautiful grounds, it's lively, and there's so much going on. The people there were wonderful, their dining room was huge, and you can go in at any time and get whatever meal you want. I talked to mom's friend who moved in there, and she's happy there. They have daily activities.

August 24, 2016

By Silvia655205

It was excellent. All the residents looked happy and busy. I saw one of the rooms. It was very nice and large. It had a nice walk-in closet and a nice, clean, big bathroom. I really liked it a lot. The dining room was beautiful, and we even got to meet the chef. The food was excellent. They told us that if my mom needed anything special, they would make sure to have it on hand, and if she needed it prepared in any special way, they would do that for her. This place definitely was my top choice.

July 01, 2016

By Patricia531475

It was very helpful, caring, and really a nice place to be. Unfortunately in our position, it was out of reach. The people were nice, very welcoming, and helpful.

June 28, 2016

By Susan042732

My in-laws are in the assisted living side. It is a great facility, but they've outgrown it. They do not offer any memory care there, and both Mom and Dad need that at this time. However, the staff was very kind, very attentive, and very compassionate. They have two rooms together. All of their furniture from their home fit. They have a living/dining area and a bedroom/office area. My parents do not participate in the activities, but they do have exercise classes, mind stimulation games, and movie nights often. They have excursions out for shopping and lunch and anything that the residents need. Their food is wonderful. Everything is made from scratch by a great chef.

May 17, 2016

By TeriWKFYH

It is really, really great. The people are amazing. The facility is beautiful, and we are so happy with it. My mom has her own room. There’s lots of care when she needs help, like there are a lot of buttons that she can push if she needs helps. She also has a bracelet, so she just presses that button if she needs help. It’s perfect. I could not ask for more from them. They have a salon for her to get haircut, and somebody comes in to cut toenails and fingernails. They have exercise classes, music, and even history lessons. Their restaurant area is really nice.

May 27, 2015

It was more modern. They had good staff. The rooms were cozy. The dining room and kitchen looked clean and neat.

October 06, 2014

By Gerald7

I am in here. The thing that I really like about them is that they treat me like family. Everybody that works here knows me by my name, including the dishwasher. They are very welcoming and helpful. We have this button thing and when you punch them, they are there within five minutes or so. The apartment is nice. It has a walk-in closet, a living area, a bathroom, a bedroom, and a backyard. I eat all my meals here, and the food is fabulous. We have card games and all kinds of word games. We have people coming. They have a very good service that takes you to church on Sunday, and the place is very secure.

May 22, 2014

By Denise19

We chose here for my brother. It's a big facility, and it had more range of younger people; that is why we chose this for him. The size of the facility seemed to have more things to offer for my brother. The food is very good. I have eaten there a couple of times myself, and the waitresses are very accommodating. The rooms were clean, and then the staff that comes in to clean are very good. It would be nice if they would have more personal transportation for my brother if he needed to go some places.

June 26, 2013

By Doris7

It is clean and it smells nice. Everyone is so friendly. The patients are moving around, talking to each other and playing games. The people are dressed well and my sister in law is happy there.

Independent Living Reviews for West Park Senior Living

September 19, 2013

By MS3

It is a very good facility. It has a great view. The food is excellent. The people who showed us around were very friendly. Everybody there was very friendly. Even strangers that we passed by in the hallway or in the yard, they were saying, "You'll love it here!" The residents seemed very pleased with this place.

Questions about West Park Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at West Park Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 75-85.

What programs or activities does West Park Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a full activity schedule each day including exercise, shopping trips, transportation to doctor's appointments, and entertainment.

What places are near West Park Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located on 5 acres of land in a quiet residential community in San Dimas.

What transportation services does West Park Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Rides to shopping centers and to local doctor appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at West Park Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A chef-prepared menu with daily options, as well as regular menu options

What safety features or security measures does West Park Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Our community has staff on the premises 24 hours per day. All doors are locked in the evening and only 1 entrance available during the day for visitors to be prescreened.

How does West Park Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We call or send letters out to family members regarding any updates in the community

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at West Park Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

This varies by shift, but not more than 15 residents per staff member at any time.

If West Park Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a dog park on the property.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Weekly and monthly training and in-services.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at West Park Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age range is 75-85 years old.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located near Target, Walmart, Dollar Tree, fishing areas at Santa Fe Dam, museums, and plenty of restaurants and local places of worship.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at West Park Senior Living has organized?

Daily shopping trips, movie theaters, outside dining, places of worship.

What transportation services does West Park Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Rides to local doctor appointments, shopping trips, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at West Park Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

A chef-prepared menu with daily options, as well as regular menu options

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Each apartment has a private patio or balcony, we have a large ballroom.

What safety features or security measures does West Park Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

We have a dog park in our community.

Does West Park Senior Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We partner with Scan Healthcare and other onsite care providers for these services.

What safety features or security measures does West Park Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

The front desk staff monitors all residents coming and going from the property. The care staff also performs regular status checks.

Costs for West Park Senior Living

• Licenses: 197801052
  • State Licenses: 197801052

• Get Costs

About West Park Senior Living

At West Park, you''ll find a peaceful, warm environment with beautiful landscaping and towering trees. Enjoy an afternoon stroll through the five acres of property that offer breathtaking views of the San Gabriel Mountains. Relax in our extensive library and quaint chapel, or challenge a friend to a game of pool in the billiards room.

West Park provides the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
    • A choice of apartments
    • A full-time director for events and activities
    • An emergency call system in every apartment
    • Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
    • Assistance with activities of daily living
    • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
    • Medication assistance