68 Assisted Living Facilities near Azusa, CA
There are 68 Assisted Living Facilities in the Azusa area, with 3 in Azusa and 65 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Azusa is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include West Covina with an average starting cost of $1,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 170 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Azusa. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Azusa 1.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Duarte with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Azusa, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Azusa, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Azusa
The Azusa Rancho is a community has existed in Azusa for longer than California has been part of the United States. It was built on land granted by the Mexican government and was named for the Shoshonean-Indian community, Asuksa-nga, that was on the land prior to the arrival of Europeans.
Today Azusa is a city of almost 50,000 people, and almost 10 percent of residents are aged 65 and over. Seniors wishing to retire to Azusa can find 63 assisted living facilities in the area, which are licensed and monitored by the California Department of Social Services, Senior Care Licensing Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Azusa
- The Azusa area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Foothill Presbyterian Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Azusa Transit provides a Dial-A-Ride public transportation service in the Azusa area to people aged 55 and over. This service is only available within the city limits for non-medical appointments, but travel to nearby towns for medical visits may also be covered.
- Los Angeles County, including Azusa, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Social Security Income is not subject to state income tax in California; however, tax is payable on all other forms of retirement income, including from pensions and retirement funds. California also has the highest state sales tax in the country, but exemptions for prescription medicine and most types of groceries can help seniors save money.
- Seniors looking for a sunny retirement may find Azusa's warm weather appealing. The average low temperature in January is 43 degrees and the city doesn't experience any snow. There are 287 sunny days each year, 82 more than the national average, which allows seniors to spend time enjoying the outdoors.
- The Sperling index rates Azusa's overall cost of living at 158.2, more than 58 points higher than the national average. This is largely due to the high cost of housing and everyday costs like groceries and utilities are closer to the national median. Healthcare costs in the city are almost 15 points lower than the U.S. average, which can lead to savings for seniors with regular medical expenses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Azusa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Azusa start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Azusa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Azusa
Seniors who receive Social Security Income may be able to receive financial assistance through the Optional State Supplement. Azusa residents in assisted living may also be eligible for funds through California's Assisted Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Azusa
Azusa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Azusa, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Azusa
Azusa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Azusa
Review of Loving Care Home
One of my relatives was staying there for several months. My family member was not taken care very well and that is the reason why we pulled this relative out. Read more
Review of Loving Care Home
I admitted my dad to the Loving Care Home last November. Somehow, I don't like the place. They increased the price in the middle of the stay, and they didn't allow my dad to go back there after he ... Read more