58 Assisted Living Facilities near Monrovia, CA
There are 58 Assisted Living Facilities in the Monrovia area, with 3 in Monrovia and 55 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Monrovia is $3,598 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Arcadia with an average starting cost of $2,975.
To help you with your search, browse the 204 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Monrovia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Monrovia 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Altadena with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Monrovia, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Monrovia, CA
55 Assisted Living Facilities near Monrovia, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Monrovia
Monrovia is home to numerous statues of black bears, erected to honor Samson the Hot Tub Bear. In the 1990s Samson regularly came into town for food and jumped in area hot tubs to relax after his meal. Seniors retiring to the area may find the city as relaxing and welcoming as Samson did. Around 13 percent of the city's 37,000 residents are aged 65 and over, and there are 58 assisted living facilities in the area catering to this population. They're licensed and monitored by the California Department of Social Services, Senior Care Licensing Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Monrovia
- The air quality in Los Angeles County, including Monrovia, is poor. The county received failing grades for both 24-hour particle pollution and ozone pollution in the State of the Air 2018 report. This high level of pollution may lead to health problems for seniors, especially those with respiratory conditions.
- The Monrovia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Methodist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There are a number of public transport options for seniors in Monrovia. GoMonrovia is a low-cost transport option offered in conjunction with Lyft. Foothill Transit offers buses in the area and seniors received discounted fares. In addition, Monrovia Transit offers a Dial-A-Ride service to people covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, which some seniors may be eligible for.
- Los Angeles County, including Monrovia, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- There is an average of 285 days of sunshine in Monrovia each year, 80 more than the national average, which is good news for seniors who prefer a sunny retirement. In July the average high is around 84 degrees and the January low is around 37, allowing seniors to enjoy comfortable weather throughout the year.
- Most retirement income, including money from pensions and retirement accounts, are subject to state income tax in California, although Social Security Income is exempt. Sales taxes in the state are the highest in the U.S. but exemptions for prescription medicines and most groceries may help the budgets of seniors on a fixed income.
Paying for Assisted Living in Monrovia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Monrovia start around $3,598 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Monrovia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Monrovia
California's Assisted Living Waiver offers financial assistance to Monrovian seniors in assisted living facilities. Seniors who receive Social Security Income may also be eligible for assistance through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Monrovia
Monrovia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Monrovia, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Monrovia
Monrovia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Monrovia
Review of Brookdale Monrovia
Brookdale Monrovia looks very nice, and the food is very good. My brother has been existing on just canned baked beans, so he's really enjoying the variety of food there. His room is nice. He has a... Read more
Review of Glen Park of Monrovia
I love this place, everything about it is nice. The staff is wonderful, specially the administrator because she takes time with everyone to see how they're night went and how they are doing. My fav... Read more
Review of Glen Park of Monrovia
I am very comfortable here because they do as much as they can to help me with all my needs. If I have any problems, I can always get assistance from them. I do not participate in many activities ... Read more