54 Assisted Living Facilities near Arcadia, CA
There are 54 Assisted Living Facilities in the Arcadia area, with 7 in Arcadia and 47 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Arcadia is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 218 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Arcadia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Arcadia 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sierra Madre with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Arcadia, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Arcadia, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Arcadia
Arcadia is nestled on the outskirts of Los Angeles and considered part of the same county. Over 17 percent of the town's 58, 799 residents are age 65 and over. To accommodate this group, the town has seven assisted living facilities and there are an additional 46 nearby. All assisted living facilities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly,and each facility is regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Arcadia
- The cost of living in Arcadia is 141 percent higher than the national average, mainly due to housing expenses. Seniors can enjoy a 7 percent lower health care cost and save 4.5 percent off the price of groceries compared to the national averages.
- Arcadia has a higher crime rate compared to 74 percent of other cities and towns of comparable size due to high property crime rates. The chances of being a violent crime victim are 1 in 163 and 268 percent lower than the national average.
- The city of Arcadia has some of the worse air quality in the nation. It was rated in the top 10 in three categories for worse pollution in the country, according to the American Lung Association (ALA).
- Arcadia is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- The Arcadia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Methodist Hospital, City of Hope and Santa Anita Convalescent Hospital.
- Arcadia has an array of community resources for seniors including the Arcadia Senior Services, an organization that helps promote senior independence and provides knowledge, information, assistance to seniors as well as offering one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Arcadia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Arcadia start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Arcadia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Arcadia
Financial assistance in Arcadia is the same for all seniors in California. Eligible seniors can find this support through either the Med-Cali Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Arcadia
Arcadia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Arcadia, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Arcadia
Arcadia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Arcadia, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Arcadia
Review of Arcadia Retirement Village
Arcadia Retirement Village was very nice. The staff was very nice. The rooms were like studios. I saw a library. The property was a little dark, but they're very pleasant. Read more
Review of Arcadia Retirement Village
Arcadia Retirement Village are OK. I can't say it's great, but it's a nice and good enough place. The apartments are nice, spacious, clean, comfy, and home-like. The food is OK, but it's not the gr... Read more
Review of Arcadia Gardens Retirement Hotel
My parent-in-laws are already placed in Arcadia Gardens Retirement Hotel. We're very happy with it. It's more like a hotel than a home. The dining area is nice. It has a very nice hotel feeling, li... Read more