74 Assisted Living Facilities near El Monte, CA
There are 74 Assisted Living Facilities in the El Monte area, with 4 in El Monte and 70 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 293 reviews below for assisted living facilities in El Monte. Better rated regions include Rosemead with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in El Monte, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in El Monte, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in El Monte
Located in the San Gabriel Valley east of Los Angeles, El Monte is historically known as "The End of the Santa Fe Trail.” The city boasts a population of 116,000 residents, 12.6 percent of whom are age 65 and older. Should these seniors require help with the activities of daily living, four assisted living facilities in El Monte and 71 others nearby are available to support them.
In El Monte as in the rest of California, assisted living communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services’ Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in El Monte
- Seniors seeking sunshine can find it in El Monte. With only 19 inches of annual rainfall on average and 282 sunny days per year, it’s easy to get out and about. July’s summer high is 87 degrees, and January’s mild winter low is 46.
- El Monte’s air quality is very poor, which may limit the amount of time active seniors can comfortably spend outdoors. The American Lung Association gives El Monte’s location in Los Angeles County an air quality grade of “F” for both ozone and particle pollution.
- El Monte is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The El Monte area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Greater El Monte Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Crime rates in El Monte are on par with the national averages. The city’s violent crime rate of 22.2 out of 100, with 100 being high crime, mirrors the U.S. average of 22.7. Property crime in El Monte ranks 31.1, while the U.S. average is 35.4.
- The cost of living in El Monte is about 70 percent more expensive than the U.S. average. Housing and transportation are key factors, although seniors may pay less for healthcare than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in El Monte
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in El Monte start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in El Monte and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in El Monte
Seniors in Los Angeles County may be eligible for the the Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP), which helps seniors pay for the cost of assisted living services but not room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in El Monte
El Monte and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in El Monte, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in El Monte Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in El Monte
El Monte-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.