65 Assisted Living Facilities near Duarte, CA
Also serving communities of Bradbury.
There are 65 Assisted Living Facilities in the Duarte area, with 3 in Duarte and 62 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Duarte is $4,580 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Azusa with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 218 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Duarte. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Duarte 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Monrovia with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Duarte, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Duarte, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Duarte
Duarte is an outlying suburb of Pasadena, up against the hills northeast of Los Angeles. Just over 22,000 people live in Duarte, 18 percent of them seniors age 65 and over, with at least 64 assisted living facilities in and around the city area for seniors who need safe, comfortable independent living.
Duarte's assisted living communities, like all residential facilities in the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Duarte
- Duarte's climate can be hot and dry. Summers see average daily highs of 91 degrees in Duarte, when dust in the air can be an issue for some seniors with respiratory conditions. Winters never get too cold here, with average lows of just 47 degrees. Incoming clouds from the coast drop 21 inches of rain against Duarte's hills each year, though frequent droughts make rainfall irregular.
- The cost of living in Duarte is 67 percent higher than the national average. This is actually less expensive than the California average, which is 69 percent above the national cost of living average. Healthcare in Duarte is 15 percent less expensive than the national median cost.
Crime in Duarte is lower than average for the United States. Across all categories, crime is roughly one-quarter lower than the national rate. Violent crime is even less common, with some types of crime not happening at all from one year to another.
- Duarte is served by the Los Angeles Metro Transit Authority, which operates buses and trains throughout the greater Los Angeles area. Seniors age 60 and above ride the Metro at a discount with valid transit ID, and ADA-compliant vehicles provide disabled ride and dial-a-ride services on request.
- The Duarte area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Monrovia Memorial Hospital and Queen of the Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Duarte, as part of Los Angeles, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Duarte
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Duarte start around $4,580 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Duarte and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Duarte
Duarte is part of Los Angeles County, which is one of 15 counties eligible to participate in the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid waiver program. This benefit helps many seniors cover the cost of assisted living in Duarte.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Duarte
Duarte and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Duarte, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Duarte
Duarte-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Duarte, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Duarte
Review of Good Shepherd Cottage
My mon and dad have been in Santa Teresita since 2013. The ease of the admissions process to the love and care they receive daily is amazing. The staff are fully qualified, caring individuals who l... Read more
Review of Westminster Gardens
I must honestly admitted Westminster Gardens used to be a good facility before with adequate experienced friendly employees to assist the residents. However, lately over past one year, you will see... Read more
Review of Good Shepherd Cottage
As with all facilities, daily visits ensure that your loved one is attended. I am from out of state, my siblings in CA work full-time jobs and were only able to visit over the weekend, for the mos... Read more