59 Assisted Living Facilities near San Gabriel, CA
There are 59 Assisted Living Facilities in the San Gabriel area, with 3 in San Gabriel and 56 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in San Gabriel is $4,282 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Alhambra with an average starting cost of $2,975.
To help you with your search, browse the 272 reviews below for assisted living facilities in San Gabriel. On average, consumers rate assisted living in San Gabriel 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rosemead with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in San Gabriel, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in San Gabriel, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in San Gabriel
San Gabriel is a city in Los Angeles County, often said to be the birthplace of the Los Angeles metropolitan area. It has a growing number of seniors and currently around 15 percent of the population are over 65. There are three assisted living facilities in San Gabriel and another 53 in nearby areas including Los Angeles, Pasadena and Monrovia.
In California, the Department of Social Services, Senior Care Licensing Program manages the licensing and monitoring of Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). The California Department of Aging (CDA) also administers programs that serve seniors, including those living in long-term care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in San Gabriel
- Los Angeles County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- On average, San Gabriel has 284 days of sunshine each year, making it perfect for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors. The summer high averages 89 degrees, and in January the low is 46.
- For violent crime, Sperling scores San Gabriel 20.5, against the national average of 31.1. In property crime San Gabriel scores 22.4, compared to the US average of 38.1, making San Gabriel a safe place to settle. The Sperling crime index rates cities on a scale of 100, with 1 being the best.
- The San Gabriel area is home to world-class medical facilities, including San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transit in San Gabriel is offered by Foothill Transit, and seniors receive a 50 percent discount on fares. Seniors in San Gabriel can also apply for the Senior Dial a Ride service, which provides door-to-door transport for different activities, for only 50 cents each way.
- The cost of living in San Gabriel is 47 percent higher than the national average. Housing is the main factor in this difference; however, groceries, transportation and health care all cost more than the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in San Gabriel
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in San Gabriel start around $4,282 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in San Gabriel and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in San Gabriel
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in San Gabriel
San Gabriel and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in San Gabriel, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in San Gabriel
San Gabriel-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in San Gabriel, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in San Gabriel
Review of Sunrise of San Marino
My friend has been in Sunrise of San Marino for like a week now. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. The place is very clean and elegant. So far, it is very good. We love it. My friend's room i... Read more
Review of Vista Cove at San Gabriel
My mother had been staying at this location when days before Christmas they decided to WIC 5150 my mother claiming she was a danger to her self. Prior to this, the staff had been trying to encourag... Read more
Review of Sunrise of San Marino
I liked Sunrise a lot. The marketing person was very nice and served us a great meal. It was very nice. I was very impressed. I saw a very nice shared room, but my friend didn’t want a shared room.... Read more