60 Assisted Living Facilities near Pasadena, CA
With an average cost of $3,788 in Pasadena, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 78 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 16 facilities in Pasadena.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pasadena, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pasadena
Pasadena, California is known to draw thousands of visitors each year for the Rose Bowl and the Tournament of Roses. Seniors, 15 percent of the population, who are looking more low key attractions here will find the Pasadena Philharmonic Orchestra, ArcLight Pasadena and several theatres.
Pasadena is also home to 16 assisted living facilities; another 40 are in the surrounding areas. Assisted living facilities in California are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) and are overseen by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pasadena
- Pasadena's cost of living is 60 percent higher than the United States average and this reflects in the high housing prices and high assisted living costs in the area.
- Pasadena, as a part of the greater Los Angeles area, is home to the worst air pollution in the United States. Residents with breathing difficulties should limit their outdoor exposure, wear masks when possible and always have assistive medical devices and medications readily available.
- Pasadena Transit serves a majority of the city with regular bus services that offer low-cost transportation to seniors and transfers to transit services provided by surrounding cities.
- Pasadena enjoys a pleasant climate with highs that rarely exceed the low 90s and lows that rarely fall below the high 40s.
- Pasadena's crime rate is lower than both the California and national averages. Most crimes revolve around theft and burglary.
- Huntington Memorial Hospital is one of the highest ranked hospitals in the LA area and state of California as a whole, and also recognized nationally for its excellence in gynecology and urology.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pasadena
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Pasadena start around $3,788 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pasadena and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pasadena
Medi-Cal, California's state Medicaid program, manages the Assisted Living Waiver to give seniors an alternative to skilled nursing facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pasadena
Pasadena and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pasadena, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pasadena
Pasadena-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pasadena, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pasadena
Review of The Terraces at Park Marino
My dad is moving into The Terraces at Park Marino. The rooms are bigger. The staff is wonderful. Everything is bright and cheerful. They have all kinds of activities socially distanced with masks. ... Read more
Review of Del Mar Park
Del Mar Park was clean and nice. The residents were playing cards. The rooms were decorated nicely. They were spacious and clean. The staff was very nice. The dining area looked elegant. It wasn't ... Read more
Review of Regency Park Astoria
We have found Regency Park Astoria for my uncle. So far it has been very good. Their staff members are very responsive to his needs and they made it easy for us to help him move in. Their accommoda... Read more