55 Assisted Living Facilities near La Canada, CA
Also serving communities of Pismo Beach.
There are 55 Assisted Living Facilities in the La Canada area, with 2 in La Canada and 53 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 265 reviews below for assisted living facilities in La Canada. Better rated regions include Mission Hills with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in La Canada, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in La Canada, CA
53 Assisted Living Facilities near La Canada, CA
Promotion ends in 10 days!
Get 1/2 off your New Resident Fee when you lease by April 30!* See our Sales Director for details.
Promotion ends in 6 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
Assisted Living near Los Angeles County, CA
More Options Near La Canada, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in La Canada
La Canada is a hill country suburb of Burbank, set back against the Hollywood hills and the home of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Nearly 21,000 people live in La Canada, over 17 percent of them seniors age 65 and over. Seniors in La Canada who wish to live independently, but need daily help with tasks that have become too difficult, have 55 assisted living facilities in and around town from which to choose.
These facilities, like all residential care communities in the state, are regulated and licensed by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in La Canada
- The weather in La Canada is hot in summer and mostly dry. Summer highs in La Canada average 88 degrees, while winter lows average just 41. This part of the hill country above Los Angeles gets around 17 inches of rain in a normal year, though frequent droughts can raise dust that aggravates some seniors' asthma or COPD.
- The cost of living in La Canada is roughly double the national average. This is high by California standards, where the cost of living averages 69 percent above the national average. Healthcare is more affordable in La Canada, where costs are roughly 85 percent of the typical cost of healthcare nationally.
- Crime rates in La Canada are close to two-thirds the national rate in most areas. Property crimes are relatively close to the national average rate, while violent crime remains rare.
- Public transportation in La Canada is provided by the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority (Metro), which operates several lines in the Glendale-Burbank area. Seniors with transit ID can ride the Metro at a discount, and disabled ride services are available on request.
- The La Canada area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Palmdale Regional Medical Center and Antelope Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- La Canada, as part of Los Angeles County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in La Canada
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in La Canada start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in La Canada and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in La Canada
La Canada seniors who meet the income eligibility standards set by Medicaid may qualify for a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver, which helps pay some or all of the cost of assisted living in 15 counties, including Los Angeles County.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in La Canada
La Canada and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in La Canada, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in La Canada
La Canada-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.