146 Assisted Living Facilities near San Dimas, CA
There are 146 Assisted Living Facilities in the San Dimas area, with 10 in San Dimas and 136 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in San Dimas is $2,997 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Glendora with an average starting cost of $2,900.
To help you with your search, browse the 456 reviews below for assisted living facilities in San Dimas. On average, consumers rate assisted living in San Dimas 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include La Verne with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in San Dimas, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in San Dimas, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in San Dimas
Located just east of Los Angeles near the mountains to the north of the metropolis, San Dimas is a quiet, comfortable place for seniors to live. There are 291 assisted living facilities in the San Dimas area, also known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFE’s. Each of these facilities is chosen voluntarily by residents who are age 60 or older, who agree to varying levels of care and supervision before they move in. Services provided include help with grooming, dressing, bathing and other personal hygiene as well as assistance with self-administered medications. Staff also monitors food intake or special diets and provides general supervision.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in San Dimas
- San Dimas weather ranges between quite hot in the summer and relatively mild in the winter, which is common across much of Southern California. Temperatures peak at 92 degrees in the summer and drop to as low as 48 degrees in the winter. However, most months are quite temperate, so senior residents should be comfortable here.
Air quality in San Dimas is fair throughout the year, due to a lot of pollution that comes from the surrounding city of Los Angeles and the densely populated suburbs. A lot of pollution will also be caught against the nearby mountains to the north, hurting the overall air quality, which could affect a senior resident's ability to spend a long time outside.
- The cost of living in San Dimas is quite high, due primarily to how much homes cost on average in the area, at three times the national average. However, all other aspects of life in San Dimas are below the state average and even below the national average, which means residents of assisted living facilities won't be spending much more on a daily basis.
- San Dimas is relatively safe with a crime rate well below the state and national averages. It is twenty-five percent safer than most United States cities, but still has a fair amount of crime, due to the nearby cities a short drive away. Senior residents shouldn't be concerned about crime but should be wary.
- San Dimas offers Dial-a-Cab services that will give rides to seniors and take them anywhere within the San Dimas city limits for a very discounted rate. There is also a local bus service that offers discounts to seniors.
- There are numerous modern, state of the art hospitals in the San Dimas area, like Kaiser Permanente San Dimas Medical Center, for any medical needs.
Paying for Assisted Living in San Dimas
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in San Dimas start around $2,997 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in San Dimas and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in San Dimas
The state of California Medi-Cal program pays for assisted living facilities in San Dimas when medically necessary. There are also numerous senior resources provided in the city of San Dimas, many of which will help with financial assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in San Dimas
San Dimas and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in San Dimas, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in San Dimas
San Dimas-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in San Dimas, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in San Dimas
Review of Atria Rancho Park
Atria Rancho Park assisted living was a larger facility but they were nice, clean, and they had a lot of activities to do. The rooms were big. The staff is really good and there were lots of them a... Read more
Review of Atria Rancho Park
My dad moved into Atria Rancho Park, and we love it. There's nothing bad about it. The place is very clean and homey. I can't say enough good things about it. The staff is perfect, and they have ev... Read more
Review of Serento Casa
It was fantastic. They treated me really well on the tour and were willing to take my mother in pretty much right away if I needed that. It seemed like an excellent facility. The rooms were small, ... Read more