Atria Covina

Reviews of Atria Covina

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Covina

April 30, 2019

By Alicia

Atria Covina has different levels of care. The cost of the room was more than my dad's current community, and it was actually smaller for a studio. This community is smaller and the rooms are also smaller, but it costs way more just for the housing part of it, not including the levels of care. I didn’t like the location because my dad has onset of dementia, and he could just walk right out on the street. The community is accessible, but should have more fencing so people can't just wander off. It's not really an extended level of care place, it just has assisted living, and that's why I didn't choose this one. The dining area was very nice, it felt comfortable, it was clean, and elegantly done. They have tablecloths, and the chairs and everything were up-to-date. I just didn't like the location because it's on a main busy street and the parking was an issue. They need more enclosures and parking. I think they should be located in a neighborhood, because it's in a busy shopping area. They have all the amenities, an exercise room, a library, an entertainment room with the big TV, and all that. It was nice.

February 25, 2018

By Evelyn

We chose Atria Covina because it was more cost effective for my brother. They were very attentive and always in his room. They were very resident-oriented and always checking on him. They had very good rapport and communication. He was only there a month. He liked the food and was happy with the outings they had and with what they had available there.

July 17, 2017

By Mary

The rooms at Atria Covina were OK, but the place sits off 2 main streets, so there is a lot of traffic. To me, it wasn't a retirement community. It was sitting in the middle of downtown Los Angeles, and it didn't seem homey even though the lady that showed me around was really nice. They gave me a sample of baked goods, they were really good, but I saw people just sitting outside off their patio, which was facing a parking lot. I thought that was so sad. To me, there shouldn't be so much noise from the city. It should have been kind of lush and comfortable. The people were really nice, and it was OK inside, but it was old and not updated.

Hi Mary, I’m sad to hear that Atria Covina didn’t match up with your needs. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

March 08, 2016

By Visitor121419850

Atria is very good and affordable. The surroundings are pretty good, and the rooms are spacious. I was very impressed that there were 40 workers for 45 residents. I think my husband would get enough attention there, but he was in a bad mood when they evaluated him, and they rejected him.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our community. I have a few questions about your experience so I can help – you can send me a message directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

December 25, 2015

By Martha117692550

Atria Covina is located in a very busy street. I feel like the people are not happy; I didn’t get a good feeling about the facility, although the rooms are okay. What bothered me during my visit was I had an appointment, and they knew I was coming. But when I arrived, they didn’t know who I was. Finally, they had to find someone to help me who isn’t familiar with what goes on there. She was lost with every question I asked. They didn’t have any brochures. I am not impressed with them at all.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate that you took a tour of the building, and know that we value delivering quality service.

November 30, 2015

Atria was very nice, the people were very friendly, and the ladies were really nice and helpful. I wish I would have probably put her in there in the beginning, but their rooms were full. The staff was really nice, and the place was clean. They were not as big as the other places, but they still had a lot of activities. They have cooks. You get a menu of a choice of what you want. You can get hotdogs and a sandwich anytime of the day.

August 21, 2015

By Anonymous111751950

I did go and look at Atria Covina. The people there were very nice, and it seemed to me that the staff was very nice. The location was right near a very busy street, and I wasn't too crazy about that, but the place was very nice and clean. The dining room was nice, the rooms were fine, and it seemed to be a small community -- which is what I was looking for -- so it is a possibility. They seemed very friendly, and they were very nice. I didn't see much of an outdoor area. The area that I saw was right off the parking lot.

May 27, 2015

The staff was excellent at Atria Covina. The rooms were expensive. They were kind of small. They have activities like watching TV and playing cards. I think they also visit different places. It looked really nice. For somebody who needs it, it would be excellent.

January 26, 2015

By Glenn14

When we go to Atria Covina, it is generally for special occasions, so I don't know if they cater it or if they actually cook it there, but it's really good when we have it. My father said it's kind of the same everyday. They have a guy come in and play piano maybe every other week, another guy who comes in and does musical requests, and then they have bingo a couple of times a week, exercises, and they go to the casino once a month. They usually go to a restaurant once a month, but they have to pay for it. His room is normal from what we've seen, but for him, it is just fine. He likes the people and the whole atmosphere. They are very nice and friendly, everyone from the leaders down to the people cleaning the rooms.

November 14, 2014

Our friend is at Atria Covina, and it is a good fit for her. We are happy with it. It is a very pleasant place. It is small, having 62 residents. They have a full schedule of events that you can go to, and our friend really likes the outings that they have. She is in a wheelchair, and they take her on the van twice a week to just tour the neighborhood, and she loves it. That group of people are pretty good. The dining room is good looking, and I think they have a nice choice of food. I saw her studio apartment, and I think it is large. She has a private bath, closet, a front door, a backdoor, and air-conditioning. The staff knows us. They're very friendly when we come in, and they know our friend very well. They're very cordial.

August 29, 2014

By Kathy92264550

The staff was very friendly at Atria Covina. I like this place, but they looked like a nursing home/average assisted living. The rooms were medium, but to me, they seemed like they were kind of small.

July 31, 2014

By Linda84074650

Atria Covina was very neat. The staff was very friendly. I saw a couple of apartments and I thought they were very nice; some of them had their own tiny patios. The dining area was very open and nicely laid out. I was surprised that they had so many activities. There was a crafts place, a library, an area for music, and a conference room for Bingo and things like that.

May 12, 2014

By Denise19

I went to Atria Covina, and the facility is fine. The location is in the middle of Covina, and maybe some people would like it, but my brother wanted to be in a place that had younger people. I had the feeling that the staff there really cared about the residents there, and they were hard working.

January 31, 2014

Mom likes Atria and she chooses it because it is small. The staff is all very friendly, helpful and professional. She's in a private room with a bathroom and it seems to be adequate. Their dining room is set up nicely and there I have eaten there a couple times. The food seems to be fine. They have activities all day long. They keep the residents busy. They have exercise, bingo, lots of music and walks. They have religious services. They take them out on a weekly excursions and sightseeing.

February 29, 2012

By ThankfulGranddaughter

My husband's grandfather was a resident at this nursing home after being diagnosed with early stages of Dementia and Alzheimer's Diseases. The home is located in a very nice part of Covina where we felt he was safe and could enjoy life. The facility seemed to be a great place to live from the outside, and at a reasonable cost. Unfortunately, it only met his needs for a short period of time. While there, he enjoyed eating in the cafeteria with other residents that he had things in common with. On the down side, I felt that the staff could have been more accommodating and attentive to his needs. I recall my mother in law visiting the home and found him sitting in the cafeteria, where he had been for a couple of hours before a nurse came to take him to his room. They also had a few arranged activities that he could participate in. Although the low cost was perfect, we felt that the home did not meet our needs, or his needs. We felt that his condition was becoming too severe to be able to stay here. Therefore, we moved him to a nursing home where we experience superior care and now we are unable to recommend Atria to any of our friends and family.

I appreciate your feedback about our community and I would like to clarify a few things from your review. Atria Covina is an assisted living community and is not a nursing home. We provide care and services to active older adults who do not need nursing care, including those residing in our Life Guidance memory care neighborhood. As a resident’s needs change, we meet with the family so that they may consider their options. While we never like to see one of our residents move to a new location, we know it is in their best interest when they have medical needs that we cannot meet. I encourage you to please contact us if you have questions at any time about what we offer. Just email customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the name of the Atria community in your subject line.

November 03, 2011

By Michael F.

Although a bit pricey, the amenities at this facility had me sold the moment that I entered. There was a 24 hour cafe with free snacks and coffee, and awesome meals that looked more like a fancy restaurant than any retirement facility food. It is also in a great location in Covina, far enough away from the LA traffic to be in a quiet and serene setting - but still close enough to shopping and entertainment to make it easy on family members to visit and walk to the nearby stores with clients. Although I am a companion hired to do errands and entertain clients, there wasn't much to do here. The staff took care of the clients very well and kept them happy - without me having to do anything for my client other than sit with them. I highly recommend this facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Covina

• State Licenses: 191592479

• Assisted Living Starting At: $1995/month
  • Get Costs

About Atria Covina

Atria Covina is a warm, close-knit community where older adults build lasting friendships. Visit with friends and family in the landscaped courtyard, or relax with a book in the sunroom or library. Atria Covina is conveniently located near shops, banks, medical facilities and places of worship.

Atria Covina offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
    • A choice of apartments
    • A full-time director for events and activities
    • An emergency call system in every apartment
    • Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
    • Assistance with activities of daily living
    • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
    • Medication assistance
    • Scheduled local transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Covina