84 Assisted Living Facilities near Claremont, CA
There are 84 Assisted Living Facilities in the Claremont area, with 13 in Claremont and 71 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Claremont is $3,976 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include La Verne with an average starting cost of $3,550.
To help you with your search, browse the 279 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Claremont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Claremont 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include La Verne with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Claremont find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Claremont, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Claremont, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Claremont
Claremont, CA is in the Pomono Valley at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. In Claremont, assisted living facilities are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFE’s, as are all assisted living facilities across the Golden State. These facilities have strict laws and regulations, as they help students with personal care and medication management. In the Claremont vicinity, there are 78 assisted living facilities for seniors to choose from.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Claremont
- As it’s located inland near the mountains of Southern California, Claremont’s annual high temperatures are in the 90s throughout the summer months, occasionally cresting into the 100s. Annual lows will fall to the low 40s in the winter. Due to the desert environment, there is very little precipitation year-round.
Air quality in Claremont is good most of the year, as it is far enough away from the metropolis of Los Angeles and the surrounding communities to avoid the worst of the city’s pollution. However, there will be days when air quality may not be ideal due to the proximity to Los Angeles.
- Like most cities in California, the cost of living in Claremont is higher than the rest of the United States. However, this only really applies to buying or renting a home or apartment. Other costs of living aspects, like groceries, healthcare and utilities are on par with or even lower than national averages, making Claremont reasonably affordable on a day to day basis.
- Claremont is 20 percent safer than most U.S. cities, meaning it has a relatively low crime rate, but one that is higher than most suburban communities in the country. Overall, however, the crime rate is less than 50 percent of the national average.
- The city of Claremont’s dial-a-ride service for seniors through the Pomona Transportation Authority helps with any type of transportation-related needs, from doctor’s appointments to trips to the grocery store.
- The Claremont area has modern medical facilities just a short drive away, like the Pomona Valley Medical Center, in the event medical care is needed. However, better hospitals are located in the communities closer to Los Angeles.
Paying for Assisted Living in Claremont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Claremont start around $3,976 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Claremont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Claremont
When medically necessary, Medi-Cal will pay for assisted living facilities for Claremont seniors, as they do for seniors across the state of California. The City of Claremont also offers a wide variety of community senior services,
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Claremont
Claremont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Claremont, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Claremont
Claremont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Claremont, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Claremont
Review of Sunrise of Claremont
The location of Sunrise of Claremont was perfect for us. The grounds were very, very pretty and the staff seemed very friendly. The accommodations were nice, and the dining area was well lit and sp... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Claremont
My father is at Sunrise of Claremont. They've got very warm and friendly staff members. It's a very clean facility. His room has everything he needs, and it's very clean and has a great view. He sa... Read more
Review of Genesis Manor V
My dad was loved and taken care of during the worst and most vulnerable time of his life. No matter when I showed up, he was clean, he smelled good and he looked good. At a time when he could be di... Read more