Atria Del Rey

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

8825 Baseline Road, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Atria Del Rey (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Atria Del Rey

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Del Rey

January 02, 2021

By Eileen

My mom is in Atria Del Rey. We've both been very pleased with their care and especially lately she's fallen a couple times; they tend to spend extra time with her and doing different things now that she hurt her arm and all that stuff. They've been very, very helpful. Her room is OK. None of these places are cheap, so of course I always would think maybe we'd like a little bit bigger room, but this one's fine, and she has everything she needs there in her room, so it's fine. Things are so different right now because of the COVID going on. The residents don't get to sit together for meals or anything. They have to eat in their rooms, so that's a big change, but they are very diligent with everything they're doing, trying to keep everyone healthy, and I think they've done a real good job. That's just been the hard part for her. My mom didn't want to move in there in the first place so it has nothing to do with them or the place. She likes everybody there. She's very happy with everybody there. She still thinks that she could live alone by herself, which she hasn't come to the realization that she can't. There's quite a few things they do. Again, before COVID happened they had a lot of activities. They have a large room with a television that they show movies in all the time; it's nice. They did a lot of activities during the day. Now, with COVID, that's really stopped a lot of that. They've come up with some other ideas where they go to each resident's room and they play little games or whatever with them, and then they move onto the next person. They try to keep them active a little bit as much as they can, but because of the virus they do have to stay in quarantine. That really put a damper on a lot of things that we used to do. I've been very happy with everything that they have done. After my mom fell these last couple of times they have really stepped up and helped with the wounds and those types of things. They do have that staff on hand too, which is really nice to know 'cause I can't go in there, because of the COVID they won't let anybody in, and I think all the places are that way. We ate the food in the very beginning, in the first couple of months, and my husband and I went there a few times. Some of the other family members went 'cause they have a really, really nice, pretty dining room, but now we can't do that. But at the time we went several times and the food was very good. The facility is lovely and very, very pretty inside and very clean looking. I'd say they do a lot. They keep it looking really good. I didn't really see that much, but from what I've heard they have different levels of activities depending on the person's capabilities, because they do have some residents there that are not as coordinated because of their age, illness, or whatever. They kinda have several different things to match up with their abilities.

July 06, 2020

By Michael

We toured the entire Atria Del Rey, except for the memory care, which was downstairs. If I was going to be retiring that would be the place I would want to stay. It's an excellent facility with good people, it's clean, and very nice. The person during the visit was excellent, and she keeps in contact with us. We saw activities in the library and the dining area.

January 03, 2018

By Teresa

I was very impressed with Atria Del Rey. It was nice and clean, and the residents seemed happy. I liked the accessibility of everything because it was close to the hospital. The staff was very nice, showed me around, answered any questions I had, answered a few that I didn't even think I needed to ask, and gave me information that would come in handy. I saw the food being served, and it looked nice.

January 16, 2016

By Marlyse

My father is moving in to Atria Del Rey. I gave him three places to choose from, and he picked Atria Del Rey, which was my first choice. The people that support Atria Del Rey are incredible. I loved Mike the director, and the general manager is awesome. I felt everybody there would make my father feel very comfortable and at home. I could come to Virginia and not have to worry every day if my dad was going to be OK. They have everything there, from basket weaving to dancing to exercise to going out to do activities. The food is great.

November 30, 2015

By Belle1

I visited Atria Del Rey for my mother. It was a very nice facility that offered fantastic activities. Their residents were fantastic, and the staff seemed to enjoy their jobs. They know all their residents by name and were very attentive.

November 30, 2015

By anonymous117201450

Atria Del Rey was fine. The people that helped me take the tour, answered all of my questions, and provided information were all very good. I liked the dining area, and the place looked clean enough.

September 30, 2015

Atria was very nice. The staff was incredible, and they love working for the Atria. We also liked their memory care facility. There was no resident nurse though, and it was important to us that a nurse is there for my dad. The food was also quite good. The rooms were nicely setup and clean. The dining area was very nice, they had excellent selections, and the staff seemed to know and belong there in assisted living. They were having a chili cook off when we were leaving.

July 28, 2015

We really like Atria Del Rey, but the pricing was too high. The grounds were beautiful. Everyone was really professional. The staff made sure that people were talking. He met with us personally. He didn't waste our time. It was really nice. I like it. The facility was clean and up-to-date. Everything was modern. You could tell they have put a lot of time and effort in that.

January 12, 2015

By Martin13

Atria Del Rey was a really nice and clean facility. The staff was friendly. They have all kinds of activities like bingo and arts and crafts. It was good for the residents. They also have exercises.

December 28, 2014

By Dawn23

I found Atria for my ex-mother-in-law. I visited several times, and the people appeared to be very happy. They have individual apartments. They have a fabulous chef. I ate there twice and found the food to be delicious. You can order beer and wine, and you order off a menu, so they don't just feed you some pre-ordered food. They treat you with dignity; you have a choice. They have housekeeping, a hair salon, and lots of activities. They encourage mingling and socializing, and they take you places. It seemed like a place I would want to live. The staff was very knowledgeable and kind. They stopped to say hello. A gentleman there was very caring. He actually came and picked up my mother in a limo. He brought her down and paid to have her hair cut. He arranged for the hairstylist to stay over a little bit later so that he could take care of her and pamper her. The hairstylist did make the ladies feel pretty and appreciated. It was a very nice atmosphere. The apartments overlook either a grassy area or the inner court where they have functions. I think it is a fabulous place. I would move there in a minute.

August 29, 2014

By Stephen15

I visited Atria Del Rey and I was able to have lunch there and the food was good. Their dining room is very nice and very pleasant. They had the residents engaged with their social times. The facility is also very clean.

April 29, 2014

Atria Del Rey was very nice. It's just the cost was too high. The staff was very nice. There were different levels. Some rooms were spacious, some were not. It depends on the cost. The more space you got, the more cost it was. But everything was very clean and nice. The food was good. It's close to my home.

January 31, 2014

Atria Del Rey was the one that we liked a lot. It was very bright, cheerful, clean and it had a very nice environment. It had easy access in front of the building if you were going to visit. Everybody there was very nice and helpful. They had different activities like movies and bingo. They had trips to different places. Our overall impression was very positive. If we could get my father-in-law to agree into a place, it would be it.

October 15, 2013

Atria was very good. I liked that it was modern looking and clean. Everything was well organized and it seemed to be well designed to meet the needs of the people. The rooms were very nice. The staff was very hospitable and they were all smiling. When I met them on the hall, they greeted me warmly and they even gave me a gift basket upon leaving. However, they were very pricey.

July 25, 2013

By Patty13

I used to work in the pharmacy field so I was very accustomed to going into this kind of facilities, but I was very impressed with Atria Del Rey. I was very pleased with how clean it was. The staff was very nice too. People staying there were very social. They do have a calendar of activities but residents have a choice of activities that they like to do. My husband and I really like this place for my father-in-law.

June 13, 2013

By Candle1

Atria Del Ray was the nicest one I've found for my mom. The staff is wonderful. They are very caring and understanding. They go above and beyond to help my mom out. The facility is beautiful. Her room is gorgeous. It's perfect for her. The food is better than any of the facility we tried.

March 29, 2013

By Kathleen3

My mother went into Atria del Ray. It's a beautiful place and the best one in the area. The food, the rooms, and everything else about it is good. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They have a movie theater, they play games all the time, and they have a jewelry class for their residents.

November 20, 2012

By RedPanda1

I visited Atria to see if this facility would be appropriate for my 90 year old father. I was very impressed with this facility. It was very clean and the rooms were very nice. The dining room was like a fine dining restaurant. The activity center was busy with residents playing games. At the time I visited they were planning to expand the facility to accommodate Alzheimer's and dementia residents. Although I have not been back, I understand that they have since opened this expansion. I would recommend checking into this facility.

September 12, 2012

By Dboy

My grandparents enjoyed their stay at Atria Del Rey. The facility was clean and cheery, and the employees were friendly. I'd happily recommend it for anyone needing assisted living arrangements.

January 03, 2012

By AmiR4663

I was given a tour by the activities director who has been there for 20 years and was so friendly; she shared lots of stories about the residents. She has the Romeo Club for the male residents which means they go to a local restaurant once a week for a beer. She has a large selection of activities each day to choose from. Several residents were gathered watching a movie and I was lucky to meet the oldest resident (101). She was very alert and full of smiles. The facility has been undergoing a major renovation throughout the common areas; offices areas are being converted into more common areas for the residents. The dining room is also being remodeled; they have an in-house chef and the menu posted had a variety of offerings; one table was being used for a card game by residents (nice informality). The resident rooms are cozy, not too big with their own bath. The staff was friendly and made a point to say hello to me.

September 19, 2011

By SBSW

This facility is going through a remodel to include a memory unit. The purpose of the memory unit is to allow residents to remain longer in the assisted living. If transition to the memory unit is needed the resident does not have to move to another facility. Great facility! Clean, attentive staff, flexible meal times, many off site activities, happy hour and the residents may have pets! Centrally located on a main street in the city makes easy access to community events like shopping and entertainment. They even have a town car to carry you to run errands. The remodel for the memory unit will be completed in March of 2011.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Del Rey

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: 366400985

• Get Costs

About Atria Del Rey

Atria Del Rey is a warm, welcoming community that strikes just the right balance of serenity and activity. Visit with family and friends at the peaceful koi pond, or take a stroll through the courtyard to the rose garden. Atria Del Rey is located in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers breathtaking views of Mt. Baldy.

Atria Del Rey offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
    • Choice of apartments with balconies or patios
    • Anytime Cafe
    • Active events and activities
    • Emergency call system in every apartment
    • Daily restaurant-style dining
    • Housekeeping and laundry services
    • Medication assistance
    • Scheduled transportation
    • Located next to beautiful Red Hill Park

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Del Rey