49 Assisted Living Facilities near Rancho Cucamonga, CA
There are 49 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rancho Cucamonga area, with 5 in Rancho Cucamonga and 44 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rancho Cucamonga is $3,854 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Alta Loma with an average starting cost of $3,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 200 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rancho Cucamonga. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rancho Cucamonga 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Alta Loma with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Rancho Cucamonga find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rancho Cucamonga, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rancho Cucamonga
Situated at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains is Rancho Cucamonga, California, a city of over 177,000 residents — 10 percent are seniors ages 65 and over. To serve this group. there are four assisted living facilities in Rancho Cucamonga, with 53 more located in surrounding areas, like Claremont and Alta Loma.
Assisted living facilities in Rancho Cucamonga, and the rest of California, are categorized as Residential Care Facilities and are licensed by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rancho Cucamonga
- Rancho Cucamonga has a comfortable year-round climate, ranking 86 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index. Residents enjoy an approximate 287 sunny days per year, which is more than the national average of 205, and fewer rainy days as well. The area sees only four inches of snow per year on average, while the U.S. average is around 26 inches per year.
- Seniors in Rancho Cucamonga who prefer public transportation can use the convenient Omnitrans bus system, which offers a discounted rate to seniors 62 and older with valid identification.
- Rancho Cucamonga has a thriving arts and culture scene. Assisted living facilities in the area may offer supervised outings to places like the Victoria Gardens Cultural Center, where plays and other enriching events are held on a regular basis.
- The air quality in Rancho Cucamonga ranks 62 out of 100, surpassing the U.S. average of 58. Unlike other parts of California, such as Long Beach and Bakersfield, Rancho Cucamonga doesn’t rank on the American Lung Association’s list of Most Polluted Cities.
- The Rancho Cucamonga area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kindred Hospital Rancho, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Rancho Cucamonga is 149.8 on the 100-point index, which is substantially higher than the national average of 100. Seniors may find the higher cost of living reflected in housing costs, grocery expenses, health care and transportation.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rancho Cucamonga
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Rancho Cucamonga start around $3,804 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rancho Cucamonga and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rancho Cucamonga
Seniors in Rancho Cucamonga and other parts of California may qualify for Medi-Cal, the Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver, which can help make the costs of assisted living more manageable. Another money-saving program for which seniors receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be eligible is the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rancho Cucamonga
Rancho Cucamonga and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rancho Cucamonga, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rancho Cucamonga
Rancho Cucamonga-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rancho Cucamonga
Review of Atria Del Rey
My mom is in Atria Del Rey. We've both been very pleased with their care and especially lately she's fallen a couple times; they tend to spend extra time with her and doing different things now tha... Read more
Review of Merrill Gardens at Rancho Cucamonga
Merrill Gardens at Rancho Cucamonga is very nice, but it isn't as nice presentation wise as the other two places I went to. It's location was very park-like and I liked that. Read more
Review of Merrill Gardens at Rancho Cucamonga
My mom has moved and was placed in a facility. She's now in Merrill Gardens at Rancho Cucamonga. Merrill Gardens was chosen because the facility had individual kitchens, a very large patio, a priva... Read more