83 Assisted Living Facilities near Alta Loma, CA
There are 83 Assisted Living Facilities in the Alta Loma area, with 3 in Alta Loma and 80 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Alta Loma is $3,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,600. Cheaper nearby regions include Ontario with an average starting cost of $3,042.
To help you with your search, browse the 267 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Alta Loma. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Alta Loma 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Alta Loma, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Alta Loma, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Alta Loma
Alta Loma is a medium-sized northern suburb of Rancho Cucamonga, in the broad flat land immediately under the slopes of Mount Baldy. Just over 10 percent of this area's 177,000 people are seniors age 65 and up, and many of them live in the 73 assisted living facilities in and around Alta Loma.
Residential care facilities like assisted living communities are required to maintain a current license Alta Loma and the rest of the state of California, which are issued by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Alta Loma
- The climate in Alta Loma is a generally inviting Southern California-style hot and dry. Summer highs here average 94 degrees, which can be an issue for seniors who are sensitive to the heat. Winters are very mild, with an average low of just 43 degrees in the coldest months. Alta Loma gets 15 inches of rain a year, though frequent droughts affect that number considerably.
- The cost of living in Alta Loma is 56 percent higher than the national average. This is actually somewhat lower than the average cost to live in California, where costs are around 69 percent higher than the national rate. Healthcare is fairly affordable in Alta Loma, where costs are 17 percent below the national average.
- Crime rates are fairly low in Alta Loma. Across all categories combined, the rate of crime in the Rancho Cucamonga area is about two-thirds the national rate. Violent crime is less common, with exceptionally low incidences in some of the more serious categories.
Omnitrans operates 35 bus routes in and around the Alta Loma area. Many of these lines connect with transit centers at either end of the local urban area. Seniors age 60 and above qualify for a discount on Omnitrans buses with valid ID, and ADA-compliant vehicles are available to provide curb-to-curb service on demand.
- The Alta Loma area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Kindred Hospital Rancho and Kindred Hospital Ontario, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Alta Loma has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Family Caregiver Support Program (FCSP), an organization that provides seniors age 60 and over with disposable medical and personal care items, as well as more than 40 senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Alta Loma
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Alta Loma start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Alta Loma and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Alta Loma
San Bernardino County, which is where Alta Loma is located, is one of 15 counties in California where low-income seniors who meet the income and asset requirements of Medicaid can get a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS). This waiver program helps pick up some of the cost of assisted living or home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Alta Loma
Alta Loma and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Alta Loma, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Alta Loma
Alta Loma-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Alta Loma
Review of Ivy Cottage
I toured Ivy Cottage. It's a small assisted living in Alta Loma. I was a small house facility with only five people in the house. It's furnished very nicely, very homey, and the people seem like th... Read more
Review of Genesis Manor VI
My dad is living in Genesis Manor VI. It's a very clean and a beautiful house, and the people are very well-mannered. The dining area is great. Its a little less expensive than where my dad used t... Read more