119 Assisted Living Facilities near Brea, CA
There are 119 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brea area, with 5 in Brea and 114 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brea is $3,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Placentia with an average starting cost of $2,863.
To help you with your search, browse the 288 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brea. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brea 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Diamond Bar with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brea, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Brea, CA
114 Assisted Living Facilities near Brea, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brea
A city in Orange County, Brea, California, is known for it's innovative public art program, started in 1975, that has served as a model for other cities in the U.S. Seniors can venture around the city to find 140 pieces of art in public spaces, see a show at the Curtis Theatre, and examine paintings at Brea Art Gallery. The renown Improve Comedy Club and annual Jazz Festival may provide some additional excitement for seniors living in Brea.
The city of Brea offers seniors five local assisted living facilities and there are 53 more nearby. Each facility is licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD). The CCLD considers assisted living care as residential care facilities for the elderly and works to help provide enjoyable activities of daily life and quality health care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brea
- The city of Brea has a higher cost of living by 87 percent compared to the national average and 10 percent to the state average. Seniors get a slight expense break on groceries compared to the state average expense, saving 7.6 percent. However, they are on par with the state cost of medical costs, both being 8 percent higher than the national average.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax-exemption on retirement income other than SSI. Brea residents have a combined 7.75 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- Brea residents experience high property crime rates that are 26 percent higher than the national average. However, seniors in assisted living may find this to be less worrisome with the town also having almost 100 percent lower violent crime rate compared to the national average.
- Seniors enjoy mild winter weathers in Brea, with temperatures averaging between 55 to 75 degrees year-round. This weather allows residents to get outside during the colder winter months without risking hypothermia or other cold-prone illnesses.
- Brea has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Brea Senior Center, an organization that helps provide activities, senior services and group travel to locals over the age of 60.
- The Brea area is home to a world-class medical facility, including Kindred Hospital Brea, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brea
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Brea start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brea and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brea
Med-Cali Home and Community-Based Services, Assisted Living Waiver, , Supplemental Security Income and the Optional State Supplement are three financial assistance programs available to eligible seniors in Brea.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brea
Brea and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brea, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brea
Brea-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brea
Review of Brookdale Brea
My father-in-law has been at Brookdale Brea for about two months, and he likes it there. The staff is very attentive and seems to care a lot. They let us have lunch there, and the food was very goo... Read more
Review of Oakmont of Capriana
Capriana was very nice. I didn't eat there, but it looked like they had a pretty good variety. They had underground parking, which was nice, but they didn't have on-site extended care. Other than t... Read more
Review of Brookdale Brea
Brookdale Brea was a wonderful facility. The people were very friendly. The rooms were more like a single studio. It came with a space for a small refrigerator and room for your own bed, cabinet, a... Read more