348 Assisted Living Facilities near La Habra, CA
Also serving communities of La Habra Heights, La Mirada.
There are 348 Assisted Living Facilities in the La Habra area, with 9 in La Habra and 339 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in La Habra is $3,771 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Hacienda Heights with an average starting cost of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 1061 reviews below for assisted living facilities in La Habra. On average, consumers rate assisted living in La Habra 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brea with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in La Habra, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in La Habra, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in La Habra
Just north of Anaheim and Buena Park, California, La Habra is a bustling city with a population of a little over 62,000 residents, and 12 percent of those residents are 65 or older. The early settlers of La Habra included the grandparents of the former president, Richard Nixon. In fact, Nixon's first law office was in this town.
Seniors and their families have many options for assisted living facilities with 335 assisted living communities in the area and nine within the city limits. The California Department of Social Services oversees and licenses all assisted living facilities. In California, these communities are called residential care facilities (RCFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in La Habra
- California does offer some tax relief for seniors. The state doesn't tax Social Security retirement benefits, but it does tax all other types of retirement income, including retirement savings, such as IRAs and 401(k). Seniors can also apply for reduced property taxes.
- The La Habra Shuttle helps seniors over the age of 60 and one escort get around town. The shuttle runs Monday through Friday during the days. Seniors can use the shuttle to get to both local hospitals as well as other locations within the city. Seniors must make a reservation for the shuttle the day before they need a ride.
- The La Habra area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Jude Medical Center and Whittier Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Moderate winters, with temperatures in the mid to high 60s, make La Habra an idyllic location for active seniors to enjoy the outdoors throughout the year. Summers are warm with temperatures ranging in the low to mid-80s.
- Seniors can enjoy peace of mind in La Habra with its overall crime rate that's 18 percent lower than the national average and 24 percent lower than California's rate.
- Living can be expensive in this community for seniors and their families since the overall cost of living is 68 percent higher than the national average. However, La Habra's overall cost of living is almost identical to the rest of the state.
Paying for Assisted Living in La Habra
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in La Habra start around $3,771 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in La Habra and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in La Habra
Seniors can find help affording the costs of an assisted living facility with Medi-Cal, a part of the Medicaid system. The state also offers several other programs run through the Medicaid program including the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS), Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP), Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP) and others to help seniors stay in their homes while receiving help with daily activities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in La Habra
La Habra and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in La Habra, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in La Habra
La Habra-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in La Habra, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in La Habra
Review of Whitten Heights
My friend liked Whitten Heights because of its price and location. It was in the same neighborhood where she was going to church. I think the tour girl was the owner, and she was very nice, very pl... Read more
Review of Golden Eden 1
Golden Eden 1 was a nice place and we're considering it for my mom. It's clean, tidy, and didn't smell at all. It's a small place with only six guest rooms, and they all looked nice. They had a nic... Read more
Review of Whitten Heights
My aunt has chosen Whitten Heights. She likes it, she has her own room, bathroom, and everyone is very helpful. Everything seems to be fine. She has been there a little over a month now. I'm not al... Read more