175 Assisted Living Facilities near Buena Park, CA
There are 175 Assisted Living Facilities in the Buena Park area, with 13 in Buena Park and 162 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Buena Park is $2,583 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Garden Grove with an average starting cost of $2,565.
To help you with your search, browse the 427 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Buena Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Buena Park 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stanton with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Buena Park, call (855) 863-8283.
13 Assisted Living Facilities in Buena Park, CA
162 Assisted Living Facilities near Buena Park, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Buena Park
Buena Park, named one of the “Most Fun Small Towns” in America by Rand McNally, is a city in Orange County, California, located 24 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles. Seniors make up 12 percent of the population and are served by 13 assisted living facilities in town. These communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) and are defined as facilities that provide room and board and care for seniors over 60. RCFEs in Buena Park are regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Buena Park
- The climate in Buena Park is temperate and scores an of 87 out of 100 on Sperling's Comfort Index, which is good for active seniors. Rainfall averages 13 inches annually, a third of the U.S. average of 39 inches.
- Buena Park’s cost of living exceeds the U.S. average by 69.1 percent, which may be difficult for seniors on a budget. This is due mostly to housing although transportation is 33 points above the national median. Grocery costs are comparable to national averages while healthcare falls slightly below.
- Buena Park is a safe option for seniors as violent and property crime is relatively low at 23.8 and 36.5 out of 100 respectively. These scores are below U.S. averages.
- Orange County Transportation (OCTA) provides a bus system with routes running through Buena Park. OCTA’s Senior Mobility Program offers transportation for adults over 60 to activities at the senior center as well as medical appointments.
- Buena Park has plenty of fun things for seniors to do such as the famous Knott’s Berry Farm, Buena Park Historic District Tours and the Ralph B. Clark Regional Park. The Buena Park Senior Club offers seniors weekly meetings along with potluck dinners and monthly excursions. The city is also home to the Buena Park Senior Activity Center, which hosts classes, activities and volunteer opportunities.
- Social Security benefits are exempt from taxation in California, but the state taxes all income from pensions and retirement accounts. This may affect seniors looking to maximize their retirement income.
Paying for Assisted Living in Buena Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Buena Park start around $2,583 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Buena Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Buena Park
Seniors seeking financial aid for assisted living may apply through the Medi-Cal Assisted Living Waiver Program. While this program does not pay for room and board, it can help offset the cost of other services related to assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Buena Park
Buena Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Buena Park, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Buena Park
Buena Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Buena Park, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Buena Park
Review of Buena Park Guest Home
I had a tour didn't like the place. Not too clean. The person in charge lacks English. Communication was difficult. Read more
Review of Harvest Retirement
Harvest Retirement was OK, but it seemed a little shabby from the outside. It was in a rundown area, but they had new owners, and they were doing a lot to fix it up. There were a few people sitting... Read more
Review of Harvest Retirement
Harvest Retirement was a very nice, clean community with nice rooms. It smelled very good. The staff was excellent. I looked around, but I didn't see anyone engaged in any activities. They showed m... Read more