Rowntree Gardens Stanton, CA

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

12151 Dale Street, Stanton, CA 90680
Rowntree Gardens (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Rowntree Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for Rowntree Gardens

February 22, 2016

By Beverly124471650

I have to say I loved Rowntree Gardens. The rooms were delightful, well appointed, and very spacious. The grounds were well kept, and the staff was very friendly. We did not get to eat their food, but we were there at meal time, and the food looked delicious.

January 26, 2016

By Carol118792150

I found Rowntree Gardens very pleasant. The staff was very pleasant as well. It seemed clean, very accommodating, and a fun place to be. I would want to place my mother there.

December 28, 2015

By X12

We looked at Rowntree Gardens. The staff was nice. We liked the apartment a lot better than other places we visited. It had a lot more space. However, it was a little too old for me. Nevertheless, the activities were OK, and the apartments were nice.

September 29, 2015

We visited Rowntree Gardens. Everything looked clean. The staff was friendly. The rooms were OK. I like the entire ambience. They even have a garden.

May 22, 2015

By Don46

Rowntree was nice. They had very good grounds, and they also had a picnic area which was impressive to me. They had two restaurants, and they had fireplaces. The restaurant area was cozy and homey. The staff also contributed to the homey type of environment. They had activities, and they had some nice little common areas which were also impressive.

May 17, 2015

By Jayne6

Rowntree Gardens was very nice. The person that took us around was very nice. That was the one that my mom wanted to go to, but then she thought about it because they had apartments. It was across the campus, and she would have to be in her little apartment basically by herself, but she was afraid to be by herself at night. Then she would have to travel across the campus to go to the dining room, and she was afraid to do that. Otherwise, that would have been our pick because it was in Orange County, and that was where my dad was. The campus was very nice, and they do things with their residents there.

May 08, 2015

We haven't actually started having mom go there, but it is very reasonably priced, and it did have a lot of different services to offer. They have everything from independent living to skilled nursing, they have a clinic on site, and there are just a lot of nice options and activities and things. It was transitioned recently; it was Quaker Gardens before, and now it's Rowntree Gardens. They were making a lot of remodeling and are just finishing up the remodeling that they were doing, but I would say it is very attractive and has a lot of open space. They do have a bus that goes around to different places like the grocery store and drug store, and they have some outings, but then they have activities on the campus too. I know they have a big Fourth of July celebration and others, but I can't remember exactly. The staff is extremely friendly and professional. I was primarily looking for memory care and -- as I have seen in other places -- the people in the memory care were just further down the road than my mother was and mostly were not able to do anything. The main thing that stood out was this place has a lot of people that are up and having conversations, so there are a lot more different levels. I hope it will work.

March 27, 2015

We went to Quaker Gardens. I believed they're now Rowntree Gardens. The place was lovely. It was an independent, assisted living and then a memory care center that had different buildings. Their grounds and all that were really nice, but unfortunately, that was not the memory care. The memory care was nice, but it was a little bit institutional. However, the workers were very caring. It was a faith-based run facility, which I liked. They don't press the faith, but it was clearly present in the facility and embraced by the people who worked there. It was very clean and well-organized. The woman walked me through. Many people knew her whether you were in the assisted living side or in the locked memory care. She knew many of the people in there, and for me that spoke values because this was an administrator, and yet she would stop and be caring to the people that lived there. She was very hands-on which was lovely to see. However, it was a little bit far from my home. I would like it to be a little bit closer. It would also be nice if there few more rooms made a little bit homier in the common areas.

December 26, 2014

By Linda103434950

Quaker Gardens is wonderful. The people are wonderful. I'd like to see more activities for my mother-in-law to be involved in, but other than that, I think it is excellent. Her room and the dining room are very nice. I am impressed with the cleanliness. The staff is very caring and communicates a lot with the family. They listen to the people that are staying there. The thing is in the memory care there are not a lot of activities for my mother-in-law to do. She is very social, and she is able to be involved in a lot of things, but she just once in a while wants to take off which is why she has to be in the locked part.

February 26, 2014

By Laurie22

I really like Quaker Gardens. That was my second choice. They have memory care and assisted living. I like the way the units were set up and designed and they still have that memory care section but periodically they were able to participate in the different activities that went on. The grounds were beautiful. It's like being in the woods. I would recommend them definitely just from my visit, the follow-up and having gone to the other facilities.

June 19, 2013

Quaker Village is really a big facility and it is not that very expensive although it is already old. The place is nice. The best thing about it was it has a lot of access to a lot of medical care on site in which you do not have to go out of site to go to the doctor, it is just right there. They actually even have a hospital and a rehabilitation area.

April 17, 2013

By Betty Anne

Quaker Gardens has been a wonderful facility for my father. He has lived at this facility for nearly five years. The staff and setting at QG has eased our family's responsibility of taking care of our aging father. He is living as a very active senior enjoying activities with friends that range from bridge, rummy tiles and classes that they offer. Quaker Gardens provides a warm, nurturing and loving environment for all seniors. We know that this has been the perfect setting for our father in his twilight years.

June 22, 2011

By Louisa's daughter

my mother is in the memory garden area, has been there for 10 months. She seems very happy there. The food is very good there and I am so pleased with the caregivers. They are so sweet to my mom and are always giving her a hug. I would highly recomend them.

Independent Living Reviews for Rowntree Gardens

Nursing Home Reviews for Rowntree Gardens

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Rowntree Gardens

December 30, 2013

By Kathleen14

We love Quaker Gardens. We love the fact that it has multiple levels of care, which is what we are looking for. The staff is very good. They answer all our questions. They are very thorough and knowledgeable with our concerns.

June 18, 2013

By firefighter

I am a retired firefighter and I have seen all types of care giving facilities. My mother has been in Quaker Gardens for three months and the service is excellent and so is the care giving. I am very happy that my mother resides in the memory unit.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Rowntree Gardens

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

In addition to the general, ongoing training for specific job positions, the staff in our memory care receive annual training per Department of Social Services requirements, plus eight hours annually in Montessori training specifically designed with the capabilities and needs of people with varying degrees of memory loss in mind.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Rowntree Gardens. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our current community members moved in between the ages of 62 (minimum age) and 101! Currently our assisted living community members average about 90 years old, but range from 63 to 110. Our community has about half as many men (30%) as women (70%). Being a part of a community provides many more opportunities than most people have in their home to be active, eat well, socialize, and pursue service opportunities. Music performances, veteran socials, and games rank among favorite activities of our community members. But they also enjoy gardening, learning, volunteering, or reading books from our well-stocked library.

What programs or activities does Rowntree Gardens offer to enrich residents' well-being?

SPIRITUAL WELL-BEING includes chapel services in our Heartwood Chapel, Bible studies, and prayer meetings. EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING is supported through a grief support group, Sunshine Club, dementia support group, Stephen Ministry, and personal visits by staff. PHYSICAL WELL-BEING develops with a variety of exercise classes, use of the gym equipment, walking around our campus, and outings to outdoor venues. INTELLECTUAL GROWTH is fostered by involvement in a creative writing class, current topics, educational and health topics, Dakim Brain Fitness, and iN2L (It's Never 2 Late interactive technology). SOCIAL WELL-BEING thrives through a wide variety of activities, events, volunteering, eating together in the dining room, games and puzzles, gardening, or just sitting around and visiting.

What places are near Rowntree Gardens or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our campus is large, with a center courtyard that is like walking out the door and being in a park. There are extensive rose and flower gardens, shade, benches, putting green, and shuffleboard. Most of our assisted living community members find plenty of opportunity to enjoy the outdoors on our campus but also enjoy the regular outings to places of interest in the area.

What transportation services does Rowntree Gardens offer to assisted living residents?

Regularly scheduled bus trips take community members to shopping centers, restaurants, museums and other outings. Scheduled medical transportation or personal trips are available for a fee.

What makes the chef or dining program at Rowntree Gardens exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The community members in Assisted Living can eat in the Patio Dining Room in their building or walk over to the main Fireside Dining. During the warmer months, there is also a BBQ available on some days. Both dining rooms have the same options, which include a choice of entrees for each meal and a salad bar in Fireside Dining or prepared salads in Patio Dining. There is a full-time Registered Dietitian available for consultation or to help those who need a special diet. Options are available for vegetarians, or those with cardiac, diabetic, or kidney restrictions.

What safety features or security measures does Rowntree Gardens offer to assisted living residents?

General security includes a gated community, video cameras, nighttime security guard, 24/7 staffing, and individual door locks for each apartment. There are special chairs available to evacuate people by stairway if unable to use the elevators for a fire or other disaster. Staff receives regular training for emergency response as well as everyday safety incidents. Personal safety is also enhanced with a LifeLine alert system (at no extra cost), a check-in button in each apartment, an emergency alert button in the bathrooms, grab bars by the toilet and in the shower, and easy access showers.

How does Rowntree Gardens keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

A variety of communication methods are used to keep families informed about general community news as well as personal information for their loved ones. Care plan meetings and phone calls to the designated person/persons is the most immediate and common method. However, letters and emails are also used for both personal and general communication.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Rowntree Gardens during daytime and nighttime hours?

We are staffed according to the needs, since care needs may vary month-to-month. Our staffing always meets or exceeds state requirements. This includes licensed nurses on campus 24/7.

If Rowntree Gardens accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Dogs and cats may visit our campus, on a leash or in a carrier. We are not able to accommodate resident pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff has to meet regular training requirements. Ongoing training includes OSHA safety in-services, caregiver training, first-aid training, caregiving, and other inservices.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Rowntree Gardens. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Independent living at Rowntree Gardens allows even more freedom than in your own home because you are free of most of the worries and time involved in home ownership, meal preparation—even bill paying! You have your own apartment, with your own furniture. Right outside your apartment is a beautiful garden courtyard. Independence is not defined by age—we have several very independent community members over 100 years old! They attribute their wellbeing to the active lifestyle, great meals, and good care that is provided. There are about half as many men (30%) as women (70%) ranging in age from 75 to 102. Many are still involved in their home churches and social clubs, coming and going at will. Many volunteer here at Rowntree Gardens or in other community organizations. You can be as busy as you want to be—and you have even more time to do the things you enjoy when you don’t have to take care of a house, buy groceries, or drive to the library.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Rowntree Gardens is conveniently located just off Beach Blvd. and near the 22, 405, and 605 freeways, only ten miles from the beach, and within seven miles of either Knott’s Berry Farm or Disneyland. Of course, there are many other points of interest in northern Orange County, and even parts of Los Angeles County that are easily accessible. Shopping, restaurants, medical services, and more are in close proximity, yet there is a calm, quiet atmosphere on campus because residential communities and a school surround us.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Rowntree Gardens has organized?

Ongoing off-site activities include a monthly no-host lunch to a selected restaurant, chosen for its cultural cuisine, local history, or popularity. Other off-site events include concerts, museums, parks, and shopping.

What transportation services does Rowntree Gardens offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled trips are regularly on the calendar for shopping, dining or excursions. Transportation may also be requested for medical appointments or some personal requests, for a fee, for those who have chosen not to drive.

What makes the chef or dining program at Rowntree Gardens exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

All three meals are served in the Fireside Dining Room, although the apartments also have kitchenettes for the convenience of our community members. During the warmer months, an outdoor BBQ special menu is available on scheduled days of the week. There is a full salad bar for lunch and dinner. While the regular menu offers several choices, there is also an alternative menu for a variety of special-order items. Options are available for vegetarians, cardiac, diabetic, or other special diets.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

All common areas are available to the independent community members, except the dining rooms specific to other levels of care within the community. The common areas include the Fireside Lounge and Dining Room, library, chapel, courtyards, lounges, gift shop, and beauty salons.

What safety features or security measures does Rowntree Gardens offer to independent living residents?

Staffing, and individual door locks for each apartment. There are special chairs available to evacuate people by stairway if unable to use the elevators for a fire or other disaster. Staff receives regular training for emergency response as well as everyday safety incidents. Personal safety is also enhanced with a LifeLine alert system (at no extra cost), a check-in button in each apartment, an emergency alert button in the bathrooms, grab bars by the toilet and in the shower, and easy access showers.

Does Rowntree Gardens work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Our own staff includes 24/7 nurses and caregivers, available when needed for our independent community members. Some doctors also regularly come to our campus, so community members are able to have the convenience of seeing a primary care physician without leaving campus! Even skilled nursing and physical therapy are available right here on campus, depending on insurance authorization. The independence coupled with the availability of higher levels of care available in a Continuing Care Retirement Community contribute to peace of mind and holistic care.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

The number of staff varies depending on the needs of our community members. Our staff includes activities staff, dining room servers, housekeepers & maintenance, shower attendants. Also, licensed nurses and caregivers are on duty 24/7.

What safety features or security measures does Rowntree Gardens provide to protect residents who wander?

In addition to previously mentioned features, a section of our campus has a secure perimeter, making it safe for those community members with a dementia diagnosis who may wander. They still enjoy their own outside space and gardens and also attend some of the programs and events on the main campus when accompanied by staff or family members.

What programs or activities does Rowntree Gardens offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our activities are based on Montessori principles, which combine learning with abilities in an atmosphere of respect, dignity, and equality. The people who live here are community members, not just residents. They live in a community and continue to have a sense of purpose and control, like participating in decisions about types of activities and even design options for their home. They have independence to choose which activities they want to participate in, what menu options they prefer, and what jobs they prefer to help with. There is a nice outdoor courtyard they can enjoy anytime, as the doors of the building are not locked; rather, there is a secure perimeter fence much as we have around our homes.

The Director of our memory care department, who is a nurse, assesses our community members on an ongoing basis, particularly when there is a change of condition. Every staff member is directed to report to the nurses any concerns or changes they notice in a community member.

What techniques does Rowntree Gardens use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The community members are grouped at tables of six. A dining room server gives each community member the items they have chosen from the menu provided. Staff is available for cueing or for assisting those who need some extra help.

How does Rowntree Gardens keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We do much more than keep the families informed about their loved one’s health. We actively assist our community members in having regular and frequent contact with family through video calls, phone calls, letters, and photos. Our nurses notify family about health issues and help in scheduling medical appointments, ordering medications, or providing supplies.

Describe the neighborhood around Rowntree Gardens. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Rowntree Gardens is located in a residential area, with a junior high school on one side. The campus itself has a nice yard, patio, gazebo, flowers, and trees. It is very serene and restful, yet plenty of space for BBQs, carnivals, and other activities. While enjoying the benefits of a residential area, it is also located with easy access to Beach Blvd and the 22 or 91 Freeways.

Is Rowntree Gardens affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

On our campus is a five-star skilled nursing, available for our community members and others from outside for short-term rehab (depending on the health insurance) or for long-term custodial care when there is a need. Also, five doctors use our clinic as a secondary office, making regular visits so our community members have the option of primary care on site. This provides a consistency of care and of convenience for families, with our staff involved in helping provide information and facilitating the transitions. Several hospitals are nearby, including UCI, Los Alamitos, Orange Coast, St. Joseph’s, West Anaheim, Fountain Valley, Long Beach Memorial, and Anaheim Regional.

Costs for Rowntree Gardens

• Date Certified: 06/01/2020

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: 300600816 / 060000159 / 267 / 304700164

About Rowntree Gardens

At Rowntree Gardens, we are committed to providing a comfortable community to call home. Rowntree Gardens senior community living includes: three healthy, delicious chef-prepared meals a day, meals prepared and served in our cozy Fireside dining room and intimate Patio dining room overlooking our lovely verdant gardens.

We provide weekly housekeeping and linen services that help keep our community members’ home comfortable, clean, safe and inviting. 24-hour Access To Care Expert help is always close at hand, with our 24-hour onsite Health and Wellness Center staffed by licensed vocational nurses. Onsite and on-call physicians who specialize in caring for seniors Onsite pharmacy service for quick and convenient prescription orders, fulfillment and delivery. Lifeline 24-hour emergency alert system that alerts staff to potentially urgent situations community wide.

Rowntree Gardens offer a wide range of carefully planned daily activities, outings and events designed to engage their minds, enrich their lives, and express their independence. All utilities including electric, water, basic phone service, trash and air conditioning are all included in your monthly payment.

Rowntree Gardens, a senior living community by Quaker Gardens, ideally located in the heart of Orange County. One of the area’s few not-for-profit, faith-based senior communities, we extend a full array of integrated onsite services, amenities and expertise that meet the needs of people as they age.

Map of Rowntree Gardens