285 Assisted Living Facilities near Anaheim, CA
There are 285 Assisted Living Facilities in the Anaheim area, with 62 in Anaheim and 223 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Anaheim is $3,428 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Fullerton with an average starting cost of $3,262.
To help you with your search, browse the 788 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Anaheim. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Anaheim 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fullerton with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Anaheim find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Anaheim, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Anaheim, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Anaheim
Part of the Los Angeles metropolitan area, Anaheim, California thrives on creativity and innovation. Seniors may enjoy a thrilling day at Disneyland or a relaxing day at the Muzeo Museum and Cultural Center or the USS Midway Museum.
Seniors in need of assisted living facilities in Anaheim will find 61 assisted living facilities in and around the city. They are regulated by the California Department of Social Services and are licensed as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). Designed to promote independent living for seniors while providing support from a 24-hour staff, services generally include assistance with activities of daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Anaheim
- Anaheim enjoys temperate weather with an average of 280 sunny days per year between 70 and 80 degrees and an average of 14 inches of rain per year, well under the US median of 39 inches. This comfortable climate makes it ideal for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities.
Air quality in Anaheim gets an average rating of 51 out of 100 but Orange County overall rates an F for Ozone and a D for particle pollution according to the American Lung Association. This may cause problems for seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- The cost of living in Anaheim is 65.20 percent. higher than the U.S. average. Costs of groceries, healthcare, and transportation are only slightly higher than the national average and are slightly under the average for California.
- The Senior Wheels Transportation program in Anaheim provides seniors with rides to non-emergency medical appointments, shopping and visits to community centers and libraries within a ten-mile radius for the low cost of $2 per ride. The Orange County Transit Authority operates a public transportation system with 77 bus routes and 6,200 bus stops throughout the city.
- The Anaheim area is home to world-class medical facilities including the Anaheim Regional Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente Orange County-Anaheim Medical Center and West Anaheim Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Anaheim has an array of community resources for seniors including Community SeniorServ which provides low-cost lunches to seniors every weekday at Brookhurst Community Center and La Colonia. Anaheim is also home to Downtown and East Anaheim Community Centers which offer senior activity centers and classes for older adults.
Paying for Assisted Living in Anaheim
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Anaheim start around $3,363 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Anaheim and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Anaheim
Eligible seniors may receive financial assistance through Home and Community Based Services (HCBS). These services have enrollment caps and wait lists do exist. The Medi-Cal Assisted Living Waiver Program helps eligible seniors in Orange County receive lower cost assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Anaheim
Anaheim and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Anaheim, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Anaheim
Anaheim-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Anaheim, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Anaheim
Review of Arbor Palms of Anaheim
We went to both assisted living and memory care units at Arbor Palms of Anaheim. It's in major need of remodel or upgrade. The staff was very friendly, but several of the attendants told me that th... Read more
Review of The Meridian at Anaheim Hills
We saw both the independent and assisted living part of The Meridian at Anaheim Hills. It was really pretty and nice. They had a lot of activities and amenities. They have a craft room. They have m... Read more
Review of Mt. Carmel Guest Home
I'm really glad I found Mt. Carmel! The caregivers are great and cater to the resident's needs. The food is good ole homestyle cooking similar to meals you would have at a diner. The owners Ilex an... Read more