236 Assisted Living Facilities near Garden Grove, CA
There are 236 Assisted Living Facilities in the Garden Grove area, with 20 in Garden Grove and 216 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Garden Grove is $2,565 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 543 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Garden Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Garden Grove 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Westminster with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Garden Grove find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Garden Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
20 Assisted Living Facilities in Garden Grove, CA
216 Assisted Living Facilities near Garden Grove, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Garden Grove
Garden Grove, California, has a population of more than 174,000 residents, 13 percent of whom are 65 or older. The city has the second-largest Vietnamese American population in the United States and is home to actor/writer Steve Martin.
There are 239 assisted living facilities in the area with 20 residences located within Garden Grove. In all of California, including Garden Grove, the Department of Social Services licenses and oversees assisted living facilities, referred to as residential care facilities (RCFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Garden Grove
- Garden Grove has an active arts and cultural scene. Assisted living facilities in the area might organize outing for seniors to see a play or musical at one of the three theaters, including the Gem Theater, the Festival Amphitheater and the Garden Grove Playhouse.
- The Garden Grove area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Garden Grove Hospital and Medical Center and MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall crime rate in this city is close to the national and state averages. The rates are 3 percent higher than the national average and 4 percent lower than the average for the state. Seniors should feel safe but remain alert while living in the area.
- Garden Grove seniors can save some money on taxes in California. The state doesn't tax Social Security retirement income, and in some cases, seniors can apply for and receive discounts on their property taxes. However, California doesn't allow credits or lower taxation rates on other forms of retirement income, including pensions and retirement saving accounts.
- Mild winters make this area a great location for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. The temperatures in the winter stay around the high 60s, while temperatures in the summer average in the low 80s. However, the rainy season lasts a little over four months.
- Low-income seniors may struggle to afford living in the area. The overall cost of living is 71 percent higher than the national average and two percent higher than California's average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Garden Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Garden Grove start around $2,565 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Garden Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Garden Grove
Medi-Cal's Assisted Living Waiver program helps seniors pay for some services received in assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Garden Grove
Garden Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Garden Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Garden Grove
Garden Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Garden Grove, CA
Other Options in Garden Grove, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Garden Grove
Review of Gold Crest Retirement Center
My father likes Westminster Villa (Formerly Gold Crest Retirement Center). It's good, and it's close by where he used to live. The atmosphere is very good. There's nothing to be of concern. The sta... Read more
Review of Brookdale Garden Grove
We saw Brookdale Garden Grove. The lot was kind of small, crowded, and it smelled of urine. The rooms were fine, and the people were very friendly and helpful. They werent as good as the others. I... Read more
Review of Brookdale Garden Grove
Brookdale Garden Grove was very clean, inviting, and comfortable. The dining room is an impressive, large, multi-use room, and the tables are not crowded together. There's a display of the next mea... Read more