Carmel Village Retirement Community

Reviews of Carmel Village Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Carmel Village Retirement Community

May 10, 2016

By Caring VisitorMSSKR

Carmel Village was beautiful. I’m sure it was the most expensive one, but it was so nicely appointed. The dining room and furniture looked really nice, and it was definitely updated it very recently. The staff was very nice and helpful, and you could tell that they took pride in the place. They had a library, a computer area, and a little gym. It was definitely the nicest one I've seen. It looked like they paid a lot of attention to detail in making it seem homey in an elegant way.

May 10, 2016

By Janetta, RNFTCAN

Carmel Village is only three minutes away, but they really couldn’t take care of my father-in-law's needs, so that kind of axed it out of the running right there. I would have him there because it’s three minutes away, so I can literally walk over and get him. And I loved Mary Rose; she was fabulous. She knew what she was doing, was very kind, gave us a lot of good advice, and helped us with what to look for; she was great. They have this great first floor patio that I absolutely adored, and it would have been perfect. The rooms and apartments were fabulous. If the person wasn’t as mobile, they could better help out. But it had a great feel to it. It was a very safe and kind environment. If they were going to do anything, they could just freshen up their common areas.

March 18, 2016

By Paula121745850

Carmel Village was a very beautiful, little center. The lady who helped me was wonderful. She answered all of my questions, happily provided any information that I wanted, and took me on a tour that included seeing the different floor plans. The community was very nice and had lots of amenities and activities. It was something I would really consider for my parents. They ran errands for the residents on different days, had outings, and went to movies. The menu was pretty expensive, but they offered very nice entrées every evening and had lots of options, which I thought was really good. I would recommend them. It was a really nice community and the people that I talked with were very nice. Everything that they offered was nice. However, the rooms were small.

February 09, 2016

By James120036050

Carmel Village Retirement Community was a smaller facility. The amenities were nice, and had a homey feel. The grounds were well-kept, and moderate in size. The rooms were a little bit smaller. It's a newer facility, and the property that they had it built on was less. The dining room was set up nicely, but their hours were more restrictive in regards to eating. They had specific menus and times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The social recreations were adequate. They appeared to have experienced staff that were social with the occupants. They're very unique in their own way even though it's smaller.

September 30, 2015

Carmel Village is a combination assisted-living and there’s a part that’s called managed care in it for Alzheimer's. My friend didn’t care for the managed care side of the facility; she thought that it was very confining. The place was OK. They invited us to have lunch there. The dining room was very nice and the food was very good. The staff was very accommodating. I was watching some of the residents there. They were doing some kind of activity. They were all lined up along the sidewalk and looking at the wall. I think they had different things like bingo.

September 15, 2015

By Fiona2

Carmel Village was the facility I liked the best. It was very well maintained. The staff was very nice. The food was excellent. It had a good location. The grounds were very nice and very well maintained with flowers and walking paths. The units were pretty small, which was a little bit of a drawback.

November 20, 2012

By nohlranch

They have five different floorplans available. My friend picked the plan that has one bedroom and one living room and has a total of 550 square feet. This is enough space for him to feel comfortable, as he has the privacy of his own room. It also allows him to entertain guests such as myself in the living room. The place is fully furnished. There's a lot to do around the community. There's a library, so it's good to read or play board games at one of the tables. There's a courtyard space with lots of lush vegetation, so it's comfortable to take a walk and enjoy an evening stroll with pleasant conversation. There's an arts and crafts room if he feels creative and wants to make something with other people. There is also transportation to take residents to local areas such as the mile square park or the beach. There is never a lack of things to do here. The care here is great. They have a 24-hour staff that is attentive to details. Packages include grooming, medication regulation, personal laundry, grooming, and others. There's a spectrum of how invasive you want the staff to be, and they're happy to accommodate. Overall, it seems like my friend is happy.

December 23, 2008

By patty reese

My loved one stayed here

Carmel Village is the best place! My Mother has lived here for more than eight years and she is very happy. The staff members are just great, and my whole family enjoys our visits to Carmel Village. We looked at alot of places before we made this choice, and we are so pleased that we choose Carmel.

Memory Care Reviews for Carmel Village Retirement Community

Questions about Carmel Village Retirement Community

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly in-service

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Carmel Village Retirement Community. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active population with activities all day everyday!

What programs or activities does Carmel Village Retirement Community offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Full Activities program plus outings.

What places are near Carmel Village Retirement Community or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Adjacent to Mile Square Park

What transportation services does Carmel Village Retirement Community offer to assisted living residents?

7 days a week transportation

What makes the chef or dining program at Carmel Village Retirement Community exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Patrick has been at Carmel Village for 15 years. Fine dining in a casual atmosphere.

What safety features or security measures does Carmel Village Retirement Community offer to assisted living residents?

Fully video monitored community

How does Carmel Village Retirement Community keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Nursing Staff calls families

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Carmel Village Retirement Community during daytime and nighttime hours?

12 to 1 & 14 to 1 for Assisted living.

If Carmel Village Retirement Community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We Love Pets!!!!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-service

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Carmel Village Retirement Community. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active population with activities all day everyday!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Adjacent to Mile Square Park

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Carmel Village Retirement Community has organized?

Multiple outing through the month. Always changing.

What transportation services does Carmel Village Retirement Community offer to independent living residents?

7 days a week transportation

What makes the chef or dining program at Carmel Village Retirement Community exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We sit on 5 acres with open courtyards and mature trees

What safety features or security measures does Carmel Village Retirement Community offer to independent living residents?

Fully video monitored community

We Love Pets!!!

Does Carmel Village Retirement Community work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have 4 full time Nurses

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

5 to1 and 7 to 1

What safety features or security measures does Carmel Village Retirement Community provide to protect residents who wander?

Memory Care is secured

What programs or activities does Carmel Village Retirement Community offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Ask about our Journey Program

Nurse assessment constantly

What techniques does Carmel Village Retirement Community use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Up to full feeding of Residents

How does Carmel Village Retirement Community keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Nursing Staff calls families

Describe the neighborhood around Carmel Village Retirement Community. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential with easy access to the 405

Is Carmel Village Retirement Community affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are 1 mile from both Orange Coast & Fountain Valley Hospitals

Costs for Carmel Village Retirement Community

Photos of Carmel Village Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Carmel Village Retirement Community

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Carmel Village Retirement Community

Carmel Village is a private residence designed to provide a comfortable and active lifestyle for seniors. Our commitment is to offer a lifestyle that provides a warm family atmosphere. When you visit us, you will surely notice our attractive and beautifully maintained grounds with gardens, mature trees, and walking trails. Most important is our commitment to care. We have a caring, professional staff who work as a team to provide the highest level of dedicated service to all of our residents. Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, Carmel Village is the perfect location for Senior living in Fountain Valley or Huntington Beach. Carmel Village is close to major shopping centers, medical services and Orange County's great entertainment choices including beaches and Mile Square Park.

Look no further for Assisted Living in Fountain Valley or Huntington Beach. Carmel Village provides an exceptional level of quality senior living and care.

At Carmel Village we provide comfortable senior living with beautiful, spacious apartments, tranquil courtyards, walking grounds and a monthly schedule filled with great activities. Monthly rent includes housekeeping, utilities (except telephone), chef-prepared meals, and other fine amenities. If independent living is no longer an option, Carmel Village also offers assisted living and memory care.

The experienced assisted living staff of Carmel Village can assist as your living needs change and are here to help with activities of daily living. Our Assisted Living program offers options that enable you to go beyond just living life. Carmel Village helps amplify your life by providing you with unique activities every day.

Carmel Village is a highly regarded memory care provider in Fountain Valley, CA. Our Memory Care program is customized and designed to meet the unique needs of seniors who will benefit from memory care.

We offer a full range of exceptional services and amenities; including: 3 delicious meals prepared by Chef Patrick, a spacious studio or selection of one-bedroom suites (with large walk-in closets), weekly housekeeping and linen service, paid utilities, activities, complimentary transportation services, including physician’s appointment’s and much more.

Map of Carmel Village Retirement Community