282 Assisted Living Facilities near Newport Beach, CA
With an average cost of $4,459 in Newport Beach, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 39 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 11 facilities in Newport Beach.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Newport Beach, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Newport Beach
Newport Beach is a popular beach community in Southern California surrounding Newport Bay. Here seniors — over 20 percent of the population — can relax on the beach, dine in restaurants, and enjoy the view of thousands of boats docked in the bay before heading back to their assisted living community.
In Newport Beach and other cities in the state of California, assisted living facilities are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFEs. They are regulated by the California Code of Regulations and the California Assisted Living Association (CALA). There are 58 assisted living facilities in the Newport Beach area. 13 of these facilities are in Newport Beach itself and 45 are in the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Newport Beach
- The cost of living in Newport Beach is much higher than the rest of California. It is also over three times higher than the average cost of living in the United States as a whole.
- The crime rate in Newport Beach is slightly lower than the crime rate in the rest of California, as well as in the rest of the nation. This applies to both violent and property crimes such as burglary or vandalism.
- The Newport Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Hoag Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Newport Beach, California has an array of community resources for seniors, including OASIS, an organization that helps seniors in Orange County, California to maintain their independence, enjoy a better quality of life and receive assistance in regards to taxes and other financial concerns.
- Newport Beach has a vast number of transportation options geared toward senior citizens. The Senior Mobility Program, for instance, works to make sure that seniors can get to every location in town, even the ones not covered by the normal bus route.
- The weather in Newport Beach is great for those who love the sun, but the temperature rarely dips below the low 60s, even in the dead of winter. This lack of variety in the weather could be a big change for those used to the typical fall, winter, spring and summer seasons in other states.
Paying for Assisted Living in Newport Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Newport Beach start around $4,639 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Newport Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Newport Beach
Eligible seniors in Newport Beach and the rest of California can apply for funding to help pay for the cost of assisted living via programs such as Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid provider.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Newport Beach
Newport Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Newport Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Newport Beach
Newport Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Newport Beach, CA
Other Options in Newport Beach, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Newport Beach
Review of Atria Newport Plaza
My mom and I came on a tour of the building and we both were satisfied with the help we received since we are new to this. The building offers great amenities such as a theater room, gym and librar... Read more
Review of Atria Newport Plaza
Atria Newport Plaza created such a great home for my mother-in-law. We are grateful to all of the staff for making her feel welcomed, comfortable, and cared for. She absolutely loved Atria, her bri... Read more
Review of Atria Newport Plaza
My mom used to live in Newport Plaza. I would visit her often and I would always see her having a good time with her friends when dining, or when doing activities. I still follow the communities Fa... Read more