302 Assisted Living Facilities near Newport Beach, CA
There are 302 Assisted Living Facilities in the Newport Beach area, with 13 in Newport Beach and 289 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Newport Beach is $4,489 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Costa Mesa with an average starting cost of $3,895.
To help you with your search, browse the 701 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Newport Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Newport Beach 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Costa Mesa with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Newport Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
13 Assisted Living Facilities in Newport Beach, CA
289 Assisted Living Facilities near Newport Beach, CA
Assisted Living near Newport Beach, CA
Other Options in Newport Beach, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Newport Beach
Review of Irvine Cottages 9
My grandmother was a past resident of Irvine Cottage 9. She moved into Irvine Cottage 9 after being a resident in a larger facility. Although we were nervous about moving her into new surrounding... Read more
Review of Newport Terrace Senior Living
I like Newport Terrace Senior Living. My mom moved into assisted living. The staff is very accommodating, compassionate, and caring. The residents are really friendly and happy. The place is really... Read more
Review of Atria Newport Plaza
I visited this community and very impress with what the community has to offer. The bistro have fresh fruits, pastries, coffee machine that serves hot cocoa, cappuccino, latte, coffee, mocha, Etc. ... Read more
Assisted Living near Orange County, CA
More Options Near Newport Beach, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Newport Beach
Newport Beach is a popular beach community in Southern California surrounding Newport Bay. Here seniors — over 20 percent of the population — can relax on the beach, dine in restaurants, and enjoy the view of thousands of boats docked in the bay before heading back to their assisted living community.
In Newport Beach and other cities in the state of California, assisted living facilities are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFEs. They are regulated by the California Code of Regulations and the California Assisted Living Association (CALA). There are 58 assisted living facilities in the Newport Beach area. 13 of these facilities are in Newport Beach itself and 45 are in the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Newport Beach
- The cost of living in Newport Beach is much higher than the rest of California. It is also over three times higher than the average cost of living in the United States as a whole.
- The crime rate in Newport Beach is slightly lower than the crime rate in the rest of California, as well as in the rest of the nation. This applies to both violent and property crimes such as burglary or vandalism.
- The Newport Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Hoag Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Newport Beach, California has an array of community resources for seniors, including OASIS, an organization that helps seniors in Orange County, California to maintain their independence, enjoy a better quality of life and receive assistance in regards to taxes and other financial concerns.
- Newport Beach has a vast number of transportation options geared toward senior citizens. The Senior Mobility Program, for instance, works to make sure that seniors can get to every location in town, even the ones not covered by the normal bus route.
- The weather in Newport Beach is great for those who love the sun, but the temperature rarely dips below the low 60s, even in the dead of winter. This lack of variety in the weather could be a big change for those used to the typical fall, winter, spring and summer seasons in other states.
Paying for Assisted Living in Newport Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Newport Beach start around $4,489 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Newport Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Newport Beach
Eligible seniors in Newport Beach and the rest of California can apply for funding to help pay for the cost of assisted living via programs such as Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid provider.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Newport Beach
Newport Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Newport Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Newport Beach
Newport Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.