81 Assisted Living Facilities near Corona Del Mar, CA
There are 81 Assisted Living Facilities in the Corona Del Mar area, with 2 in Corona Del Mar and 79 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Corona Del Mar is $4,250 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Costa Mesa with an average starting cost of $3,945.
To help you with your search, browse the 191 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Corona Del Mar. Better rated regions include Newport Beach with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Corona Del Mar, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Corona Del Mar, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Corona Del Mar
Retirees may find rest and relaxation in Corona Del Mar, a seaside suburb of Newport Beach that boasts breathtaking beaches and cliffside views. Seniors who choose an assisted living community here will be in good company, as over 30 percent of the more than 10,000 people who call Corona Del Mar home are 65 years of age or older.
With three assisted living facilities available in Corona Del Mar and 79 more in nearby communities, seniors have plenty of options from which to choose. The California Department of Social Services regulates these facilities as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). By definition, at least three-quarters of residents at these facilities are aged 60 or older.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Corona Del Mar
- Corona Del Mar offers seniors some of the most pleasant weather of any community in America, with 278 sunshiny days, just 12 inches of rain and a comfort index of 91 out of 100, where 58 is the national average and 100 is most comfortable.
- Assisted living facilities in Corona Del Mar may provide fun excursions for their residents to enjoy. Possible destinations include restaurants, shops, Southern California Art Projects and Exhibitions, the Port Theater and the Sherman Library and Gardens.
- Corona Del Mar has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Orange County Office on Aging, an organization that provides information and services for older adults, as well as one senior center.
- The Corona Del Mar area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hoag Hospital Newport Beach, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The city's many benefits come with a hefty price tag. Corona Del Mar is one of the most expensive communities in the country, with a cost of living that is 411.6 percent above the U.S. average.
- According to the American Lung Association, which measures air quality, Orange County has some of the most polluted air in the nation. Poor air quality can cause increased health risks for everyone, but seniors with respiratory conditions are at an elevated risk.
Paying for Assisted Living in Corona Del Mar
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Corona Del Mar start around $4,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Corona Del Mar and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Corona Del Mar
Orange County offers a Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver program which eligible seniors can use to help pay for assisted living services in the Corona Del Mar area. California also has an Optional State Supplement available for qualifying seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Corona Del Mar
Corona Del Mar and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Corona Del Mar, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Corona Del Mar
Corona Del Mar-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.