143 Assisted Living Facilities near Laguna Woods, CA
There are 143 Assisted Living Facilities in the Laguna Woods area, with 2 in Laguna Woods and 141 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Laguna Woods is $3,075 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Garden Grove with an average starting cost of $2,552.
To help you with your search, browse the 409 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Laguna Woods. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Laguna Woods 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Laguna Hills with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Laguna Woods, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Laguna Woods, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Laguna Woods
Located in one of the more desired areas near the ocean in Southern California, Laguna Woods is a community more or less dedicated to seniors, considering it has a median age of 76, with 80 percent of the population being 65 years or older. There are more than five dozen assisted living communities in the Laguna Woods area, all of which are licensed, certified and highly regulated as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly by the state of California.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Laguna Woods
- Laguna Woods’ annual temperatures reflect the idyllic Southern California weather in communities near the ocean. Winter temperatures will fall into the high 40s and summer temperatures usually don’t rise above the low 80s. There is also very little precipitation year-round.
Air quality in Laguna Woods is moderate to good throughout the year, though it is adversely affected by the close proximity to the nearby pollution from the urban sprawl of Los Angeles, Long Beach and Anaheim. This is especially important for seniors with breathing problems.
- Like most places in California, the cost of living in Laguna Woods is more expensive than the rest of the country. However, when compared to the rest of California, Laguna Woods is surprisingly affordable when it comes to groceries, utilities and healthcare, which helps seniors living on a budget. Overall, it is less than the average cost of living in the Golden State.
- Laguna Woods has an overall crime rate that is 63 percent lower than the State of California and 61 percent lower than the national average, making it a safe city for seniors.
- The City of Laguna Woods has a Senior Mobility program that subsidizes the cost of transportation. This is due, in part, to the Orange County Transportation Authority’s added sales tax that provides vouchers, also known as taxi bucks, for seniors to get around the area.
- Laguna Woods is home to world-class medical facilities, including College Hospital and MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Laguna Woods
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Laguna Woods start around $3,075 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Laguna Woods and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Laguna Woods
Medi-Cal will pay for assisted living facilities in California when medically necessary. The City of Laguna Woods also has a social services department which provides financial assistance to seniors through the Foundation of Laguna Woods Village. It will provide temporary assistance to those who have shortages on food, medication, utility bills and various other forms of medical care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Laguna Woods
Laguna Woods and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Laguna Woods, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Laguna Woods
Laguna Woods-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Laguna Woods, CA
Other Options in Laguna Woods, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Laguna Woods
Review of Las Palmas
Be very careful if you consider this facility, get EVERYTHING in writing, and know your rights. Though the management appeared very friendly and helpful, by the time we left it was clear they hadn... Read more
Review of Las Palmas
My mom stayed at Las Palmas for about a month in spring 2017. Unless you are able to advocate for someone staying there, or the resident can vocally advocate for themselves, I highly recommend AGAI... Read more
Review of Las Palmas
Las Palmas is average. My husband's room is wonderful and very large. The food is good. The staff during the day is good, but the night staff is terrible because they only have two people who don't... Read more