154 Assisted Living Facilities near Laguna Hills, CA
There are 154 Assisted Living Facilities in the Laguna Hills area, with 15 in Laguna Hills and 139 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Laguna Hills is $4,669 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Mission Viejo with an average starting cost of $4,065.
To help you with your search, browse the 434 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Laguna Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Laguna Hills 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Aliso Viejo with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Laguna Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
15 Assisted Living Facilities in Laguna Hills, CA
139 Assisted Living Facilities near Laguna Hills, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Laguna Hills
Laguna Hills, California, has a small town atmosphere with plenty to offer its 3,890 seniors, including art galleries, museums and several parks. In the event that a senior needs extra help with the activities of daily living, there are 15 assisted living facilities located in Laguna Hills, with another 141 located in nearby neighborhoods such as Irvine and Lake Forest.
In California and Laguna Hills, assisted living facilities are known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) and are governed by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Laguna Hills
- California does not tax retirees on Social Security benefits, although they fully tax both pensions and retirement savings account income. Laguna Hills seniors who depend on these types of income should keep California’s tax laws in mind when preparing their monthly budgets.
- Laguna Hills has a high cost of living at 196.6, more than 96 points higher than the national average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay more for groceries and transportation in the city, although healthcare ranks lower than the average at 89.
- The climate in Laguna Hills is warm and dry, which might be of interest to seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors. In the summer, highs reach 82 degrees Fahrenheit, and in the winter lows drop down to 48. Although it never snows in the city, the area still gets 13 inches of rain each year, more than 25 inches less than the national average of 39.
- The Laguna Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Discounted transportation is available to Laguna Hills seniors through Age Well Senior Services. This non-emergency medical transportation program provides rides for seniors to area appointments. Seniors might want to keep in mind that this highly sought after transportation program has a wait-list.
- Seniors concerned about safety may find that Laguna Hills is a safe place to live. The city has a violent crime rate of 12.4 and a property crime rate of 25.3, both considerably lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
Paying for Assisted Living in Laguna Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Laguna Hills start around $4,669 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Laguna Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Laguna Hills
Low-income seniors living in Laguna Hills can apply for Medi-Cal, California’s Medicaid program. Seniors living in this city may also qualify for the Assisted Living Waiver, as Laguna Hills is located in Orange County, one of the 15 counties in California that offers the waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Laguna Hills
Laguna Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Laguna Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Laguna Hills
Laguna Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Laguna Hills, CA
Other Options in Laguna Hills, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Laguna Hills
Review of Verona Court II
The owner of Verona Court II, an RN, is very knowledgeable, and she?s all about the residents and what they can do for the residents. It?s one price. The price would never go up. It includes everyt... Read more
Review of Verona Court II
My friend is in Verona. It is a nice place. The rooms are like homes. They have a nice patio in the back and a living room and a dining room. The people are helpful and caring. I do not think there... Read more
Review of Villa Valencia
I think Villa Valencia is a little understaffed, but they are doing a pretty good job. If the staff there has a lot more resources, I know they could do a much better job. The place is going throug... Read more