The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Aliso Viejo, CA for 2023
There are 132 Assisted Living Facilities in the Aliso Viejo area, with 4 in Aliso Viejo and 128 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Aliso Viejo is $5,722 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870. Cheaper nearby regions include Laguna Woods with an average starting cost of $4,495.
To help you with your search, browse the 334 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Aliso Viejo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Aliso Viejo 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cypress with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Aliso Viejo find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Aliso Viejo, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Aliso Viejo, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Aliso Viejo
Nestled in the San Joaquin Hills, Aliso Viejo is a growing city with a population of almost 52,000 residents, with over eight percent of them being 65 or older. All of the residents live within three miles of the town center, and seniors who enjoy the outdoors can take advantage of the 21 parks within this six square mile city.
The area also offers many assisted living facilities for seniors, including 140 residences in the area and three assisted living communities within Aliso Viejo. In all of California, including Aliso Viejo, assisted living facilities are referred to as residential care facilities (RCFs). RCFs are overseen and licensed in California through the Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Aliso Viejo
- The Aliso Viejo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Joseph Health Mission Hospital - Aliso Viejo, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Low-income seniors can make the most of their retirement income in California. The state doesn't tax Social Security retirement income, but it does tax other retirement income sources, including savings accounts, such as 401(k) and IRAs. Seniors can apply for a reduction in property taxes to help save money.
- Seniors and their families can use the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) buses to ride around the city and surrounding county. If they need to go further away, they can catch a train on the Metrolink to places throughout the region.
- Seniors can feel safe in their homes in this community. This area has an overall crime rate that's 69 percent lower than the national average and 71 percent lower than California's overall crime rate.
- Seniors need a healthy bank account to live in this town since the overall cost of living is 75 percent higher than the national overall cost of living.
- Seniors can spend time taking part in outdoor activities all year long with the area's beautiful weather. Winter daytime temperatures hover around the mid-60s while the summer highs rarely exceed the mid-80s.
Paying for Assisted Living in Aliso Viejo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Aliso Viejo start around $5,722 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Aliso Viejo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Aliso Viejo
Medi-Cal's Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP) helps seniors in Aliso Viejo afford services while in assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Aliso Viejo
Aliso Viejo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Aliso Viejo, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Aliso Viejo
Aliso Viejo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Aliso Viejo, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Aliso Viejo
Review of The Ivy at Wellington - Laguna Hills, CA
The Ivy at Wellington - Laguna Hills, CA was beautiful. It was very nice. We were very impressed. The tour was very helpful. They covered everything. The staff who accommodated us with the tour was... Read more
Review of Belmont Village Aliso Viejo
Belmont Village Aliso Viejo was great. I thought the facility was nice. It was clean and bright. They had a lot of different programs depending on what your parent might need. The rooms were nice. ... Read more
Review of The Ivy at Wellington - Laguna Hills, CA
The Ivy at Wellington Laguna Hills, CA was beautiful. It was just way too big for my mom. We saw a one-bedroom, and it's got a very nice layout. It's a separate bedroom, separate bathroom, and kitc... Read more