134 Assisted Living Facilities near Laguna Niguel, CA
There are 134 Assisted Living Facilities in the Laguna Niguel area, with 16 in Laguna Niguel and 118 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Laguna Niguel is $4,575 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include San Juan Capistrano with an average starting cost of $4,555.
To help you with your search, browse the 308 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Laguna Niguel. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Laguna Niguel 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Aliso Viejo with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Laguna Niguel find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Laguna Niguel, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Laguna Niguel, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Laguna Niguel
A suburban city close to the Pacific Ocean, Laguna Niguel is located in the San Joaquin Hills. Seniors, who make up just over 15 percent of the population in the city, have many opportunities for outdoor adventures here in addition to events in their assisted living community.
Assisted Living facilities in Laguna Niguel, like every facility in the state of California, are classified as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFE’s and are highly regulated with strict laws and regulations. These RCFE’s encompass memory care, assisted living, and continuing care retirement communities. There are 132 assisted living facilities near Laguna Niguel.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Laguna Niguel
- As it is located on the Pacific Ocean in the heart of the idyllic Southern California area, Laguna Niguel has near-perfect weather year-round. Some winter days will dip into the mid-40s, but the annual highs rarely crest out of the 70s during the day, with temperatures dropping into the low 60s or even high 50s in the evenings.
- Due to it’s close proximity to the metroplex of Los Angeles, Laguna Niguel’s air quality can sometimes be affected by the pollution of the big city. That said, it’s close proximity to the ocean and near-constant sea breeze blowing pollutants out of the area makes it a relatively safe place when it comes to overall air quality.
- As it’s in one of the most beautiful and desired coastal communities in the Southern California area, the cost of living in Laguna Niguel is almost twice as expensive as the average cost of living in the United States, and almost forty percent pricier than the rest of California.
- According to Neighborhood Scout, Laguna Niguel has one of the lowest crime rates in the nation making it an incredibly safe place for all residents, especially seniors. Laguna Niguel is 57% safer than most cities in the United States and one in 225 in California.
- The city of Laguna Niguel provides transportation services via yellow cab for residents age 60 and over, though it only goes between where they live and the local senior center. There is also a local bus service and ridesharing companies available for transportation in the area.
- Laguna Niguel has some of the better hospitals in the area like the Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, for any medical services or illnesses that may arise.
Paying for Assisted Living in Laguna Niguel
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Laguna Niguel start around $4,575 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Laguna Niguel and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Laguna Niguel
Medi-Cal will pay for assisted living facilities in Laguna Niguel when medically necessary, as it does for seniors across the state of California. Senior financial assistance is also available across the Orange County area, which is the Southern California county in which Laguna Niguel resides. This can range from utility bill assistance to food stamps to bus fare.
Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an ALF rather than a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Laguna Niguel
Laguna Niguel and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Laguna Niguel, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Laguna Niguel
Laguna Niguel-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Laguna Niguel, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Laguna Niguel
Review of Crestavilla
Like most seniors my mom was not happy to leave her home of over 50 years. I was so relieved and fortunate to find beautiful Crestavilla and to be able to feel good about taking my Mom away from th... Read more
Review of Crestavilla
My aunt and I were delighted when we discovered the new assisted living facility, Crestavilla. When we toured, we honestly thought it was too good to be true! The property is above and beyond anyth... Read more
Review of Crestavilla
If you have a family member who needs a home away from home then Crestavilla is the place to be.My parents have been there for nine months and every staff member treats them like they are their par... Read more