209 Assisted Living Facilities near Fountain Valley, CA
There are 209 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fountain Valley area, with 21 in Fountain Valley and 188 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fountain Valley is $3,980 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Costa Mesa with an average starting cost of $3,920.
To help you with your search, browse the 603 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fountain Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fountain Valley 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Costa Mesa with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Fountain Valley find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fountain Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fountain Valley, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fountain Valley
Fountain Valley, named for its abundance of natural wells, is a city in the heart of Orange County that's home to more than 10,000 residents aged 65 and over. In order to improve the quality of life for this population, the city has 25 assisted living facilities within its limits with another 187 facilities located nearby. Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, which is the official designation for these locations in Fountain Valley and the rest of California, are licensed and regulated by the Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fountain Valley
- Seniors who enjoy going outside will love Fountain Valley's beautiful, sunny weather. The city gets an average of 276 days of sunshine per year, well above the national average of 205 days. It also has a comfort index rating of 84 out of 100.
- Orange County, where Fountain Valley is located, gets a grade of F for ozone pollution from the American Lung Association. Since excessive ozone can cause various health problems, seniors in the area should check daily ozone levels before going outside.
- Fountain Valley may not be an affordable place for many seniors searching for assisting living arrangements. The city's cost of living is 103.1 percent higher than the national average of 100.
- California is not considered a tax-friendly state for seniors. While income from social security is exempt from state income tax, all other retirement income is fully taxed. This may make it harder for seniors in Fountain Valley to find affordable assisted living.
- Fountain Valley has an array of community resources for seniors, including The Center at Founder's Village, an organization that promotes the health and wellness of local seniors as well as two senior centers.
- The Fountain Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Orange Coast Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fountain Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Fountain Valley start around $3,980 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fountain Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fountain Valley
Seniors in Fountain Valley are residents of Orange County which may make them eligible for California's Assisted Living Waiver (ALW). This waiver provides financial assistance for costs beyond room and board at assisted living communities. Eligibility for this Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver is based on income, age, and care requirements as determined by Medi-Cal.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fountain Valley
Fountain Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fountain Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fountain Valley
Fountain Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Fountain Valley, CA
Other Options in Fountain Valley, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fountain Valley
Review of Carmel Village Retirement Community
I moved into Carmel Village Retirement Community just before Thanksgiving. They help me out with showers. They bring my meals to my room because I don't feel like I can make it to the dining room. ... Read more
Review of Ivy Cottages I
My mother was at this facility for 5 years. The staff did an exceptional job meeting all her needs and providing her with lots of love and care. Carmen and her family are owners of this facility ... Read more
Review of Carmel Village Retirement Community
I went to Carmel Village retirement Community, and I think we're moving my father there. It's very friendly, the rooms were nice, they had beautiful grounds, the activities were amazing, it was aff... Read more