182 Assisted Living Facilities near Huntington Beach, CA
With an average cost of $3,466 in Huntington Beach, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 55 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 30 facilities in Huntington Beach.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Huntington Beach, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Huntington Beach
Surf City U.S.A. otherwise known as Huntington Beach, California was named "The Best Beach of California." There are numerous events throughout the year that take place on or near the beach that might interest seniors in the area: US Open of Surfing, Corgi Beach Day, 4th of July Parade, Surf City Escape Triathlon, AVP Volleyball Tournament, Coastal Country Jam and the Huntington Beach Air Show.
Within the Huntington Beach area, there are 64 assisted living facilities for seniors who need help with activities of daily living. Twenty-nine of these are located in Huntington Beach, while an additional 35 communities are located nearby. Assisted living facilities (ALFs) throughout California are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) and are regulated by The California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division and Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Huntington Beach
- Qualified seniors looking to save money can benefit from several California tax breaks such as tax-free prescription medication, property tax deferrals and the Senior Income Tax Exemption Credit.
- The Huntington Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Huntington Beach Hospital and Hoag Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pollution affects much of California. Huntington Beach is located within Orange County, which received an ozone grade of F and Particle Pollution 24-hour grade of D from the American Lung Association. This could be problematic for seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- Seniors who are on a tight budget may have financial difficulties in Huntington Beach. The cost of living there is 100.10% higher than the national average.
- Residents of Huntington Beach enjoy a crime rate that is lower than the national average, which may give seniors, and their loved ones, peace of mind. Violent crime at 16.6 is far below the U.S. average of 31.1, and property crime at 35.9 is just under the U.S. average of 38.1.
- Seniors in Huntington Beach are able to enjoy an active life and gentle temperatures all year round. With a comfort index of 87 out of 100, Huntington Beach receives no annual snow and experiences highs of only 76 degrees, lows of 48 degrees and 281 days of California sunshine, making it an ideal climate for many seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Huntington Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Huntington Beach start around $3,466 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Huntington Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Huntington Beach
California's Medicaid plan, Medi-Cal, is available for qualified seniors who need help covering assisted living costs. In addition to Medi-Cal, the state provides four waivers referred to as Home and Community Based Services (HCBS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Huntington Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Huntington Beach, CA
Other Options in Huntington Beach, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Huntington Beach
Review of Sunrise of Huntington Beach
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I thought the rooms were small. There was a refrigerator/freezer in the kitchenette. The grounds are lovely with a walking path. Read more
Review of Huntington Terrace
My mom has been in Huntington Terrace since November. The experience is pretty bad. My mom hates it there. The help is pretty horrible as far as assistance. They have an air-conditioning and heatin... Read more
Review of Oakmont at Huntington Beach
I like Oakmont Of Huntington Beach. I met some of the residents there and they raved about the place. The staff took me to a couple of residents' room. They have a really nice bar. They have a nice... Read more