Huntington Terrace

Reviews of Huntington Terrace

Assisted Living Reviews for Huntington Terrace

February 01, 2017

By Sandra822110

The tour at Huntington Terrace was very congenial. It had very nice outdoor spaces and new management. They answered my questions and took me around. It seemed very friendly and clean, but I didn't think the food was very healthy based on the menu. The calendar of activities looked very nice, and I saw people playing in the game room.
Thank you for sharing your experience at Huntington Terrace. We appreciate hearing that you found the environment to be clean, friendly and well cared for, and that the community offered a robust calendar of activities. If you have any additional questions as you explore senior living options, please don't hesitate to call. Thank you for visiting.

December 07, 2016

By Dianne556877

Huntington Terrace was the one that we chose out of the ones that we looked at. It was very welcoming and clean. The staff was really friendly. It was the best one that we saw. They had a nice courtyard for the residents to walk around. They had a beauty salon. What I liked about it was the outdoor area. Plus, they had a pool where they did aqua therapy. My mom was on a wait list there.
How wonderful to hear! It is our pursuit as a senior living provider to be the top choice in each of the markets we serve. We appreciate hearing that you found Huntington Terrace welcoming, clean and our associates friendly and helpful. We truly look forward to the opportunity to serve your mom!

October 10, 2016

By Kathy242343

We have found Huntington Terrace. It’s for my mother-in-law. They are very friendly, very helpful, and compassionate. They have been absolutely wonderful. When you walk in the door, you feel like you’re in a home. I did eat there with my mother-in-law. She has been in there since Wednesday and raves about the food. It’s absolutely wonderful. I think the dining area is very nice and very cozy. It’s not too pretentious. I definitely recommend this place.
How wonderful to hear! We’re grateful that Huntington Terrace has met the preferences of your mother-in-law and that you have both enjoyed our dining experience and menu. We'll be sure to pass along your complements to our Executive Chef. Thank you for choosing Huntington Terrace.

September 03, 2016

By Henry636317

Huntington Terrace was very nice, and the people were very friendly. They had cottages, and they had very good food. They had three chefs. There was a large meeting facility on the grounds, but it was away from where the residents lived. There were different social functions related to health care. It was a little more convenient for someone independent.

August 22, 2016

By Pam624878

Huntington Terrace was the best place for my mom. She has lived there for about five or six months. The place is absolutely gorgeous. They make sure everybody knows everybody's names, and they make sure they know the visitors' names. I have been very impressed by this. Every two hours, they have activities for the residents. The cleanliness and attentiveness have impressed me the most. They have a private chef, and I'd rate the food a 10.

February 21, 2016

By John120712850

My visit at Huntington Terrace was well presented. The staff was very helpful. The dining room looked good. The only problem I saw was that there were so many people at different levels of needs, so some needed activities like music and dancing or something lively because not everyone likes bingo or chess or those kinds of activities. They wanted to be active and were not ready for the slower-moving activities.

February 15, 2016

By Candace11

Huntington Terrace was a wonderful and nice place. I loved the grounds because they had grass and a pool. Mom wants to live there because her good friend lives there, it’s the closest place to us, and the price is reasonable. She is on a waiting list to have her own apartment. The dining area has tablecloths and looks like a restaurant instead of a cafeteria. Plus, they have their own chef. I liked the activities that they offer and the social networking available. All of the people I met were very nice. The place is always full because it’s popular and hard to get into, but it’s worth the wait.

February 09, 2016

By James120036050

Huntington Terrace was well-maintained, and kept. It had a homey feel to it. The grounds were spacious, and it had many benefits for the occupant. The dining was very good because it was 24-hours. You could dine when you wanted to. There were transportation opportunities. Socially, they have a person who directs them, and they have a lot going on. It's an attractive place.

October 15, 2015

By Sheri8

The staff seemed nice enough. It was a little old, the rooms were very tiny, and they had some cottages that were quite a walk away. Huntington Terrace would have been OK for my mom. I didn't look at it so closely -- just that the rooms were very small -- and the cottages were too far away for her to be able to negotiate that. She would need some help to get from the cottage to the dining area each time, so that would be too hard for her because she is either in a wheelchair or walker -- she couldn't walk very well -- so she would have to be very close, and it just wouldn't work out for her.

October 07, 2015

By Ray Najera

Other

As a professional in the Long-Term Care industry providing help to Veterans and Surviving Spouses for Aid & Attendance, I have long found Huntington Terrace to be the highest quality of people and services serving their senior residents. I love food and find their food is incredible! They maintain the community to the highest of standards. As a retired Air Force officer, I also am pleased at the esprit, teamwork, and responsiveness of Huntington Terrace employees to be the most considerate, caring, and respectful. The most wonderful testimonies about the Huntington Terrace staff come from their residents, of which several are my clients. Huntington Terrace is a resource for seniors and their adult children offering insight into how to plan and obtain the best care whether using Huntington Terrace or other assisted living or In Home Care. In fact, Huntington Terrace serves as a central meeting point for the entire industry with their hosted events for professionals and industry experts. Thus, Huntington Terrace stays current with the latest in care technologies and methods that make them the best in care to seniors. Congratulations are in order to the staff and leadership of Huntington Terrace for their tradition of excellence and highest level of people-centered care. Ray Najera, Orange County Liaison, Veterans Advocacy Associates

September 29, 2015

By Laurie38

My mom has Alzheimer's, and she is in the memory care portion called Connections in Huntington Terrace. The staff is amazing, and the environment is clean and modern. The food is great, and they have their own chef there. It's prepared daily, it's very healthy, they have vegetable soups everyday, and it is really good. There's nothing that needs improvement.

July 13, 2015

I have been living in Huntington Terrace for four years now, and the staff is good and nice, but there are managers that are rude; sometimes she blames people for something, and sometimes she is rude with all people, but pretends to be a nice person. The apartments are beautiful and nice, well-taken care of. We have get-togethers, like Wednesdays for movies and popcorn and Fridays for dinner where everybody participates. They got a gym, a Jacuzzi, a park -- which is very nice -- barbecues. The environment is very nice, and the place is very safe.

May 26, 2015

By Don46

Huntington Terrace was very nice. I was most impressed with the staff. It appeared to me that they took genuine interest in the well being of the residents. They seemed to have the greatest variety of common areas where residents can participate and communicate in activities. They had a listing of events and activities which was also good.

April 10, 2015

By Janet104290650

Huntington Terrace is very nice. It?s a newer facility, and the rooms were very nice as well, but the overall environment is like a hotel or apartment complex environment. The staff was very knowledgeable, and they did a great job explaining everything to my parents. The residents were very nice as well. The place itself is very homey and welcoming. The facilities were very nice, and I have no complaints of the facilities themselves. The woman that we met was awesome; she did a great job. I found her quite unique, and she picked up right away that my parents were not yet on board.

February 02, 2015

Huntington Terrace had everything I wanted. It had a community. The people were very friendly. It smelled clean. It had nice open areas for activities and a big dining room with a chef. The studio's size was adequate, and it had a small patio facing a green space. However, it was too expensive. It was almost $3,000 a month, and it was out of my range, but I had a very good feel for it when I went to visit. The room had a small access bathroom, nice closet, a small kitchenette, and a quarter-size refrigerator. I was told that you that you wouldn't stay in your room for long because people would come knocking on your door to take you places. They had transportation to the local pharmacy and to local doctors. They had cable TV, and they pay for everything. The only things they were not paying for were your personal items such as your medications and any other personal items you might need. I saw the dining room. It was very nice with round tables. I read their menu, and it looked very tempting. The food was included in the rent. They had a swimming pool with an exercise program, a mini golf course, and they had a nice little green area where you could take a walk. It was situated on a hillside, but all of their levels inside were flat of course. However, it had limited parking for guests, and that was the only difficult part if you were a guest coming in with your own car.

October 22, 2014

By Salinda

Huntington Terrace is very active, they have a lot of activities, and the care is good. The food though could be better. The staff is very good. They’re improving the plac;, they’ve just re-carpeted it and hung paintings on the wall.

July 31, 2014

Everything is wonderful about Huntington Terrace. They constantly take good care of him by changing his dressing. The staff are just very alert. They have all kinds of activities. They have sit-down aerobics, bingo, movies. The facility's sanitation is very good. The room is always kept up very tidy and the food is always excellent.

July 28, 2011

By llogan

My parents and I were treated to a lunch and tour at Huntington Terrace. The food was outstanding, with a whole menu of choices available for each meal. The facility was clean, and the staff was friendly. The residents we saw looked happy. Small dogs and cats were allowed. Unfortunately, my dad has Alzheimer's and they do not have a wing designated for Alzheimer's at this time. I understand that they might have one available at the beginning of 2012.

Independent Living Reviews for Huntington Terrace

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Community Club House

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Water Aerobics Classes Offered

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: New Choice Waiver Not Accepted Medicaid Not Accepted

• Licenses: RCFE License #306003431

About Huntington Terrace

Huntington Terrace is an assisted senior living community that has been serving Huntington Beach families for over 30 years. Situated on 1.5 acres featuring beautiful gardens, gazebos, a swimming pool, and putting greens, residents live a dynamic lifestyle through various activities. We encourage our residents to maintain a strong sense of freedom and independence without worrying about the inconveniences of managing a home.

The many luxuries available to residents of the newly remodeled Huntington Terrace include a beauty salon, fitness center, a movie theater, and scheduled transportation. Our restaurant-style dining hall's meals are specially designed and prepared to meet the needs of our residents.

At Huntington Terrace and all MBK Senior Living communities, the well-being and proper care of your loved one is our top priority. Our well-trained, award-winning staff is dedicated to providing a warm, comfortable, and caring home for your family member.

Call today to schedule a tour and a complimentary lunch.

Close to the beach - Located in the heart of Huntington Beach - Close to medical centers & shopping in walking distance

Map of Huntington Terrace