158 Assisted Living Facilities near Westminster, CA
Also serving communities of Midway City.
There are 158 Assisted Living Facilities in the Westminster area, with 4 in Westminster and 154 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Westminster is $2,697 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Garden Grove with an average starting cost of $2,649.
To help you with your search, browse the 434 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Westminster. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Westminster 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stanton with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Westminster find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Westminster, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Westminster, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Westminster
Located in northwestern Orange County, Westminster is a diverse community with deep roots in Western, Vietnamese and Mexican cultures. This Southern California city is also home to a sizable senior population, with 17 percent of Westminster’s nearly 92,000 residents age 65 and older. Seniors who need support with the activities of daily living have a multitude of choices. Westminster offers four assisted living facilities, and 161 others are found in nearby cities.
In Westminster as in the rest of California, assisted living communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services’ Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Westminster
- Westminster has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Westminster on Wheels (WOW) Senior Transportation Program that provides a shuttle to various locations throughout the city. The Nutrition Van Program provides curb-to-curb service for seniors who need a ride to the Westminster Senior Center for the lunch program. The center also offers classes and group activities.
- With only 13 inches of annual rainfall on average and 275 sunny days per year, Westminster is ideal for active seniors seeking a dry, moderate climate. The average winter low is 47 degrees, and summer’s high in July averages 83.
- The cost of living in Westminster is 80 percent higher than the U.S. average, with housing prices being a key factor. Seniors can expect to pay about 11 percent less for healthcare than the national average, however.
- As part of Orange County, Westminster receives very poor grades for air quality from the American Lung Association. The city scores an “F” for ozone pollution and a “D” for particle pollution. Seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions may find it uncomfortable to be outdoors on high-pollution days.
- The Westminster area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Huntington Beach Hospital and MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Westminster’s property crime rate of 41.7 is higher than the U.S. average of 35.4. The city’s violent crime rate of 14.7 is less than the U.S. average of 22.7.
Paying for Assisted Living in Westminster
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Westminster start around $2,697 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Westminster and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Westminster
California’s Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP) makes it possible for seniors who need long-term assistance with personal care and household tasks to choose an assisted living environment rather than a more costly nursing home facility. ALWP is currently available in 15 California counties, including Orange County. Participants must contribute to their own room and board costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Westminster
Westminster and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Westminster, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Westminster Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Westminster
Westminster-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Westminster, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Westminster
Review of Brookdale Brookhurst
I took a tour of Brookdale Brookhurst. Their staff was very knowledgeable. They showed us all the common areas and explained which activities were going to be available for my mother-in-law. It was... Read more
Review of Brookdale Brookhurst
My grandmother was at Brookdale Brookhurst's assisted living area. It was like an old hotel converted into a facility, so it wasn't as nice as where my parents are now. When I was visiting her, we ... Read more
Review of Westminster Terrace Assisted Living Community
Westminster Terrace Assisted Living Community was a nice place and they had a lot of amenities that were useful. I liked the layout of the place and the people were nice. So we're pleased with it o... Read more