Brookdale Brookhurst

Reviews of Brookdale Brookhurst

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Brookhurst

March 23, 2016

By Latasha2

My uncle is in Brookdale Brookhurst. It's a very nice, welcoming environment. The apartment itself is pretty spacious, very clean, and modern. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. He enjoys all of the activities, like bingo and book club, and outings. I enjoy the food, but he does nott. The facility offers a private dining room if you want to reserve it and have your family over for dinner.

March 15, 2016

By Lydia14

Brookdale Brookhurst was a very large facility with almost 200 residents. For me, it was too much and seemed too medical. They had a lot of activities, but I just think it had too many people. The dining rooms were very nice. Overall, the place was really nice.

December 10, 2015

By Charlaine

Everything is wonderful at Brookdale Brookhurst. The staff is great, the appearance is great, they have a lot of activities, and my mother said the food is wonderful. Everything's been perfect; I wish I could move in myself. Right now, she has a shared room. She had a little problem with her first roommate, but they immediately took care of it and found her another room, and she's very happy now. They do bingo and Pokeno, go out for road trips, have a happy hour with a sing-along, and quite a few other things.

October 27, 2015

By Diane W1

My mother was in Brookdale Brookhurst. The staff was nice, and there were a lot of activities. However, they could've cleaned my mom's room a little bit better. Her eyesight is very poor, and they could've given her a little bit more care. They could've vacuumed or washed a little bit better for her. As far as taking care of my mom, they cleaned her, and they showed up on time. She was there a little over a year. She had a big room, and they had tons of activities every day all day long, i.e., shopping, bingo, and music. The food was OK. The people were very nice, and for the most part, the place was clean.

September 29, 2015

By Laurie38

Brookdale Brookhurst was not somewhere I wanted my mom to be. The staff was very nice, but they didn't have a nice family room area. The rooms were fine; I just didn't like the setup. The dining area and the social area were really small.

May 17, 2015

By Jayne6

I went to Broodale Brookhurst, and I liked that one. However, my mother didn't like that she had to go so far upstairs to a room and come down the elevator. The woman who showed us around was very nice. The room was very nice. She actually showed us one where someone was about to move in and the family members had come and decorated it nicely for their dad. She showed us a couple of different sized rooms, and they were very nice. I knew they took them out and do things on a little bus; that was a nice thing to do so that they were not always staying inside. I liked that it was close to my dad. I used to live there, so I was familiar with it when they first built it. I liked the little garden -- the sitting area outside; it was very nice, and the people were very nice.

April 07, 2015

By Van3

I love Brookdale Brookhurst. The staff are very friendly and very professional. I like my apartment. It's very airy and open. I eat everyday, and the food is OK. The dining room is very nice. They got all kinds of activities. I have no problems with security. I like the looks of the facility, and it is very clean.

February 09, 2015

My aunt is in a great facility called Brookdale Brookhurst, and they have done a great job. They are just very conscientious and communicative, and they take good care of her. The rooms are spacious. It is much more spacious than where she was before at half the price. They have all kinds of things like bingo, poker, and singing. They take them on day trips, arts and crafts, and all kinds of stuff. She's only been there for about a month, and I haven't had much communication with the nurse. Other than that, I think it's been great.

December 19, 2014

My mom has been at Brookdale Brookhurst since mid October. It was Emeritus before, but they changed the name. It seems clean and well attended. It is only a mile from my house, so that is a big thing. Some of the people we saw and spoke to looked happy there. Everybody is quite nice, cheerful, and helpful. The staff is quite accommodating; they check on her. That’s a great relief for my husband and me to know she’s been watched after. She complains about the food a little bit. She thought it could be better prepared as it should be. But they can try to work it out. They had a meeting about that because there’s a change of ownership. The main thing she fusses about is the staff. They would knock on her door and just open it. She doesn’t like it at all. Because it’s her apartment, they should not do that unless there’s an emergency.

October 22, 2014

By Jacqueline13

My daughter and I were very pleased. It was a very nice experience. I thought their entertainment facilities were wonderful, and the rooms were very nice; the dining room was lovely, their patio and atriums for the people to walk around in were nice, and the building was nice, so everything was fine. I haven’t eaten there, but it looked like the menu was very good.

January 31, 2014

By Colette2

It was great. The staff was wonderful. It was a really good experience. I thought the rooms were great also. They were very clean and very spacious. For activities, they have outings, like going out to restaurants. I really like this facility, but it was just too far from my home.

January 29, 2014

By Robin20

It is wonderful. We loved the place and that's why we moved mom there. It was a good fit for her. Financially, it was a good place. The facility itself is just pleasant to look at. It's pleasant inside, decorated very nicely, and clean. It has every need that mom needs. The people are fantastic. They have been so gracious, so giving, and kind to her. It just seemed perfect.

October 18, 2013

We looked at thirteen places and this had the best and nicest room of all. Mother really liked it. Their facilitator, Kenny, was thorough and helpful. We had sat with the residents and had lunch there and it was terrific. However, the neighborhood wasn't what my mother had hoped for.

October 03, 2013

The rooms were spacious and adequate for what they were using it for. The staff was pleasant. Everybody seemed to be neat.

June 26, 2013

By Carol36

It appeared a very fine place. It was clean. We had lunch there and the food was delicious. We were looking at shared rooms. It was like one bedroom chopped in half and no privacy really for one of the people, but the room was okay. All the staff seemed to be very friendly and there were a lot of activities to do, so that's pretty good.

April 09, 2013

By Dorothy12

The food looked and smelled great. The staff was great, too. But it's not a locked down facility, and just did not fit my needs.

July 04, 2012

By TT1

Other

Brookhurst is a very nice community with a caring staff and wonderful residents.

Photos of Brookdale Brookhurst

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: 306002962 rcfe

About Brookdale Brookhurst

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Spacious apartments - all with kitchenettes and microwaves. Courtyard with fountain. very diversified population of residents

Map of Brookdale Brookhurst