139 Assisted Living Facilities near Villa Park, CA
Also serving communities of Anaheim Hills.
There are 139 Assisted Living Facilities in the Villa Park area, with 3 in Villa Park and 136 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Villa Park is $4,100 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Orange with an average starting cost of $3,218.
To help you with your search, browse the 384 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Villa Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Villa Park 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Irvine with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Villa Park, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Villa Park, CA
136 Assisted Living Facilities near Villa Park, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Villa Park
Villa Park is an upscale residential community set against the base of the Chino hills to the east of Anaheim. Just under 6,000 people live in Villa Park, but 28.5 percent of them are seniors age 65 and over. The city and its surrounding area is the site of 164 assisted living facilities, where seniors can live independently, but still have regular assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) like personal care and meal service.
In Villa Park and all of California, all assisted living communities must be licensed under the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Villa Park
- The weather in Villa Park is similar to that of neighboring Yorba Linda, where hot summers give way to very mild winters. Summer highs here average 88 degrees, while winter lows average 44. Winter rain showers, which drop up to 15.5 inches a year on the area, can raise mold in the air and aggravate the asthma of some seniors.
- Villa Park's cost of living can be very high, both by national standards and the standards of California. Overall, the cost to live here is 87 percent above the national average, with the median housing price sitting above $1.3 million. Healthcare is refreshingly affordable, however, at just 98 percent the national average rate.
- Crime is low in Villa Park. In most nonviolent crime categories, the rate here is just one-third the national average. Violent crime is even less common, with some serious categories of crime registering zero occurrences from one year to the next.
- Public transportation in Villa Park is provided by the Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA). Disabled ride and senior discounts are available from any of the authority's public offices, though government-issues ID is required.
- The Villa Park area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Chapman Global Medical Center and Orange County Global Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Villa Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Villa Park Senior Mobility Program, an organization that covers up to eight round-trip rides a month for seniors age 60 and over and adults with disabilities, though proof of residence in the city is required to claim the vouchers at the City Hall on Santiago Blvd., as well as half a dozen senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Villa Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Villa Park start around $4,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Villa Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Villa Park
Villa Park is in Orange County, which is one of only 15 counties in California where seniors who meet the requirements of Medicaid can get a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS). This waiver program helps pick up some of the cost of assisted living or home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Villa Park
Villa Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Villa Park, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Villa Park
Villa Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Villa Park
Review of Best Elderly Care
My mom is in Best Elderly Care. I like the quality of the care and the environment the best. It’s very well taken care of, very clean, has a lot of light and safety features, and is very safe. The ... Read more
Review of Best Elderly Care
My mother is already in a place called Best Elderly Care. She loves it. The staff seems to be very attentive to all of her needs. There are only six people living there. It's a very good place. My ... Read more