291 Assisted Living Facilities near Tustin, CA
There are 291 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tustin area, with 8 in Tustin and 283 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tustin is $3,808 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Santa Ana with an average starting cost of $3,583.
To help you with your search, browse the 862 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tustin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tustin 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Irvine with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tustin, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Tustin, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tustin
Tustin is a geographically compact California city located between Santa Ana and Irvine, not far from the Limestone Canyon Regional Park, in Orange County. Only 10 percent of Tustin's 80,500 people are seniors age 65 and over, and to serve their needs, the area in and around the city hosts 59 assisted living facilities. These properties, like similar facilities throughout the state, are licensed and inspected through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tustin
- The weather in Tustin is generally warm and dry, with occasional spring and winter rain. Summer highs in Tustin average 85 degrees, while winters average 40 degrees at their lowest. This part of Orange County gets 14 inches of rain in a typical year. The annual Santa Ana winds tend to bring allergens into Tustin, which may cause some issues for seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Tustin is 89 percent higher than the average national cost of living. Healthcare is more affordable in Tustin, costing close to 89 percent of the national average for similar services.
Crime rates in Tustin are low, relative to national rates. Across all categories, reported crimes in Tustin range close to around half of the national average. Most of Tustin's crime is confined to property offenses, such as theft, while violent crime remains rare.
- Public transportation in Tustin is provided by the scheduled bus service of the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA), which operates several routes in town. Seniors age 60 and over get discount fares on OCTA buses with a transit or Medicare ID card. Disabled ride and dial-a-ride services are available for mobility-impaired riders. The OCTA network connects at several points with the larger Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority (Metro), which has similar fare structures and serves the greater Los Angeles area to the north and west of Orange County.
- The Tustin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Queen of the Valley Hospital and St. Joseph Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tustin has an array of community resources for seniors, including the No Place Like Home (NPLH) program, an organization that rehabilitates and makes distressed housing available for low-income affordable senior homes in and around Tustin, as well as more than four senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tustin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Tustin start around $3,787 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tustin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tustin
Low-income seniors in Tustin may get help with some or all of the cost of assisted living through the Medi-Cal Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tustin
Tustin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tustin, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tustin
Tustin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Tustin, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tustin
Review of The Groves at Tustin
The people at The Groves at Tustin were very welcoming and warm. They showed me the rooms that will be available and toured me around the community. We ended up sitting in their library and chattin... Read more
Review of The Groves at Tustin
The Groves of Tustin was very pleasant, neat and clean. There were three people during the visit and they were all very handy and very helpful. The dining area was very pleasant. They had all kinds... Read more
Review of The Groves at Tustin
We visited The Groves of Tustin, and they were very friendly, and very nice. They showed us around, they called back a couple of times, and we went for another visit. The staff was very friendly, v... Read more