The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

The Meridian at Anaheim Hills (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

By Alyssa Gray

Sheila and her team really care about the residents in this community. I would highly recommend The Meridian for assisted living services. This was a great choice for my mother-in-law --she seems very happy!

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Meridian at Anaheim Hills. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

By Lori Russo

My mom and dad love it here. The staff goes above and beyond to meet their needs and make them happy. Highly recommended

Lori Russo, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Meridian at Anaheim Hills!

By cindywo

The community is beautiful and the staff was very helpful. I am looking at moving my Mom here. I felt comfortable with this community.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

October 13, 2020

By lhagan14

Cindy and her staff were very helpful in the process of moving my dad into assisted living. I was given advise and guidance to make the transition as easy as possible! The facility is amazing and has so many amenities! The Wellness Staff is doing an amazing job of caring for my dad as well. They are attentive and friendly every time I talk to them. I really like the personal feelings this place give. Cindy even called to check in on how things were going with things, very thoughtful!

Lhagan14, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

September 15, 2020

By K Coakley

My Mother Fran was at the Meridian but unfortunately recently passed. She absolutely loved the team of providers like family. She was taken care of 5 star with Love, compassion at every level. I will miss everyone there myself.

September 09, 2020

By David

My Mom and Dad, Gin and Jerry, sold their home on Lake Washington, Seattle and moved into The Meridian. The family decided on The Meridian after exhausted research. I can honestly say it was a wonderful decision. What a wonderful facility in the green hills of Anaheim, CA. It is like a resort; the lobby, the restaurant. My parents who have passed loved The Meridian. Staff is above description.

December 10, 2019

By Linda

We saw both the independent and assisted living part of The Meridian at Anaheim Hills. It was really pretty and nice. They had a lot of activities and amenities. They have a craft room. They have music, too. They have a trail for the residents to walk. It is nice that the residents can get exercise. There are lots of trees and really nice views. The staff members were all great, too. It was a beautiful place.

Hi Linda, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

June 12, 2018

By Diane

I visited The Meridian. They had dogs running around, dogs running into the dining room, and they were not checking people coming in and out. We almost left when we got there. The rooms smelled bad, and it was horrible. They had birds in cages in the lobby, but it was less expensive. We met the cook, and he had sauce on his shirt. It was all coming down his shirt, and it was really bad.

Hello Diane, I am sorry that you felt that you had a bad experience when you visited our community. We take all feedback seriously. In our Memory Care wing, one of our many activities is Dog Therapy. In this small environment, the dogs are trained to provide comfort and sensory stimulation to the residents throughout the neighborhood. The birds are an additional form of pet therapy to also promote sensory awareness. We apologize that you may have encountered any type of issue with cleanliness or unpleasant odors while you were visiting. We will continue to strive for excellence in the upkeep of the community and the training of our staff members. We appreciate your feedback.

December 27, 2017

By Barbara

With the environment at The Meridian at Anaheim Hills, I felt like I walked into a hotel. It gave me a different feeling. Walking down the halls, everybody had decorations out on their doors. Residents have small open spaces before their front doors and everyone was decorating them for Christmas. I love the rooms. They were very nice with lots of closet spaces. They even had full kitchens in them. They were wonderful. We had lunch at The Meridian and it was excellent. They did have a number of gluten-free patients, so they were able to accommodate me very nicely. They have a gym, so you have an opportunity to use any of the equipment in there. The lady that took us around knew the community well and answered my questions. It was very thorough. We spent quite a bit of time talking to the activities director. She does many creative things with the residents. She was very fun to talk to. Every staff member that I talked to or who helped me was topnotch, polite, and more than helpful. They have a lot to offer.

Barbara, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

July 17, 2017

By Jason

My dad is in The Meridian at Anaheim Hills. The food is outstanding. The community is nice and clean. When the marketing department offers to sell the property, they will tell you that they will do this and this, but once you are one in, you will not see them. I have been waiting for two months to have a key to my dad's room so I can get in there without needing help, but they have ignored me. He has a couple of helpers who are very nice. They do bingo a couple of times a week and have ice cream socials. My dad is doing OK there.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not what you expected and we would like the chance to remedy this. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at (714) 312-3796 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

February 07, 2017

By Joe M.

The Meridian was very nice and open. The staff was great. We had a very nice lunch. They gave me a very pleasant tour, and I liked it. I didn't have any objections, but I don't know what apartment would be available when I'm ready to move.

Thank you for your detailed review Joe M.. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Meridian at Anaheim Hills. We look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (714) 312-3796.

November 14, 2016

By Diane864475

The Meridian at Anaheim Hills was a nice place, but it was too expensive. My parents are not able to afford that kind of thing right now. I like everything about this place. It was really like a resort for my parents. The dining area was beautiful. The whole place was just amazing. Everybody there was amazing. Like I said, it was like a resort, and it was perfect.

Diane864475, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We hope that you found the spot that meets your needs. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Meridian at Anaheim Hills. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

August 16, 2016

By visitor081412

Meridian was great, the staff that toured me was very professional, and shared the benefits of the place. The facility was nice and clean, but it didn’t feel that it would be a fit for my husband. It felt more like a nursing home than a memory care facility.

The staff at The Meridian at Anaheim Hills take our reviews very seriously. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to see that you rated us a 3. If you are willing, please call us to see if there is a way to meet your needs. We thank you for your consideration and appreciate your time. The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

June 26, 2016

By kpurp

For several years my family had suggested that my dad move closer to us. He did not want to leave his house; however, after visiting the Meridian he had a complete change of mind. Jaydell gave us a tour of the Meridian and invited us to stay for lunch; the food was absolutely delicious! I'm fairly certain that this was the selling point for my dad. Besides loving the food, my dad felt at home in his apartment - it was exactly what he needed. Also, the employees at the Meridian are so respectful of the inhabitants - the dining room attendants, the front desk, the housekeeping staff, and the management are friendly to anyone who walks through the front door. My dad's neighbors stated that they love their place because of the friendliness all over. The Meridian is a clean living environment with happiness on every floor.

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. It means so much to us that you entrusted us with the care of your father and we are delighted that you and he are happy here! We understand what a hard decision this is for families and we want them to know that we care about your loved ones and will treat them like our own. We have a wonderful Executive Director who is very involved in the community and our residents. He and the staff and genuinely care, and it shows. We hope to see you at one of our fun events this month! We offer yoga, movies, trivia, bingo and more! Thank you again for your heartfelt and detailed review, kpurp.

May 12, 2016

By GailJGYCX

Meridian at Anaheim Hills was a very large facility and had all sorts of the activities. While I was waiting in the lobby, I talked to all sorts of people who were very happy. You have to be more mobile than my mother was to be there. The staff people were very helpful, had all of the information that we needed, and made us feel very comfortable.

Thanks Gailjgycx, for leaving us this review. We greatly appreciate it! We have a wonderful Executive Director and staff who are very involved in the community and residents. He and the staff and genuinely care, and it shows. Our unique community has so much to offer; from pool yoga, watching movies in our theater to luxury dining and wellness programs! We hope that you find the community that best fits your mother's needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

May 10, 2016

By Caring VisitorMSSKR

I visited The Meridian at Anaheim Hills for my dad. The facility was very nice. It was very first day of work for the lady who showed me around, but she was really nice. The facility itself was very nice and looked clean. Rooms were not huge apartments, but they were nice. I was looking at studios because of cost constraints. I don't have anything bad to say about it. The day I was there, there was a pianist doing a sing-a-long in the common area.

Caring Visitormsskr, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community, we appreciate it. We always love to receive great feedback. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Meridian at Anaheim Hills.

March 08, 2016

By Happy visitor121503350

The room in Meridian was clean. They were going to re-carpet, and re-paint for us. We love that we won’t cook anymore, and they’re going to serve three meals a day. They served us lunch, and it was delicious. There’s plenty of activities there.

Thank you very much for sharing your 5 star positive review. You really made our day today. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents and their families at The Meridian at Anaheim Hills. We always go above and beyond for our residents here! We are so pleased that you chose our community!

February 15, 2016

By Happy resident15

We’re already living in The Meridian at Anaheim Hills. My daughter chose it, but I like it very much. It’s close to where we used to live, and the number one thing is that you don’t have to buy into it. The staff is really nice, so we like them a lot. I am a happy resident. I’m very pleased, and I love the apartment. It’s a two-bedroom, two-bathroom; I love it.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4 star review. We appreciate it!

September 07, 2015

My parents are at The Meridian at Anaheim Hills. It is independent living, assisted living, and memory care all in one facility. It is a very nice place. The lobby and the dining room are all very well appointed. The sales staff was very helpful and very caring. The people at the front desk are very nice. The residents seem to be very friendly to my parents. My parents are in the independent living. They're in a fine little apartment.

Caring112611450, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

August 27, 2015

I already moved my mother to the Meridian at Anaheim Hills. She was living in the area and we had to move her to assisted living. We chose this place because of the price and the location. She has a remodeled room; they took a two-bedroom and split it to a single one, so the flooring, the carpet, and everything had been remodeled. The staff so far has been great. We've asked them to do a couple of extra things and pay attention to her water intake and such, and they have been really helpful with that. They are also helping her with her hearing aids, so we are satisfied thus far, and she has been there for almost two months.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

March 26, 2014

We did choose The Meridian because it was closest to where my mom lived before. The rooms were fine. The staff seemed to be pretty courteous. The activities were fine although my mom needs to get better physically before she can start participating activities. I know they do arts and crafts, they watch movies, and sometimes they have people come to the facility to demonstrate things. Right now they are remodeling their dining area, but it's good and I like it.

We're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team!

February 28, 2014

By nocarehere

Do NOt place anyone you care about at this facility. There are too few staff,the staff is undertrained, and the communication between supervisory staff is poor at best. It looks lovely, but the care is poor. My mother, a resident, fell, fractured a femur and clavicle and the staff and management were unaware that she was injured. When she was ordered into a brace by an orthopedic doctor, the staff was not briefed on her care, or movement limitations, They removed the brace and did not seat her properly in the wheelchair. They were expecterd to read care notes. No staff meetings were held to communicate care needs.

Nocarehere, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide.

Independent Living Reviews for The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

November 28, 2016

By Cherry274075

The Meridian at Anaheim Hills was beautiful. It had the room I would have loved. They were very nice. It was a beautiful place, I would have loved to go there, but I thought I would be better off in the long run where I’m now. Food was very good. The dining area was a beautiful room. The Meridian at Anaheim Hills is very nice; however, I didn’t like them separating people. If you’re in a place like that and you get to a point where you need help, you have to move to a different room, and I didn’t like that idea.

Cherry, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We hope that you are very happy in your new community and we thank you for your consideration.

August 18, 2015

By disappointed 4 Mom

My Mom a current resident of this faciity. We have been disappointed from the minute she moved in. One the day my mom moved in I left my purse in the dining room and went back to retrieve it a couple of hours later to find no one had seen it. When it was discovered later that day in another area of the facility, the $300 cash was missing. Administration responded by sending me to Anaheim police to file a claim. Did not verbalize to me any responsibility. Lack of responsibility to residents has been a continuing theme I have observed in the time since then. Activities are posted that imply the facility is organizing and supervision them, but most all of these are private activities organized by residents with 'pre-determined participants'. A resident is not free to show up at the listed time and in as the bridge, or other games/ card games already have an organized group. It is hard for a new comer to find things to do when the facilities does not oversee these activities themselves to see that all interested residents get the chance to play. Food is mediocre, lacking freshly cooked vegetables. No food can be removed to be taken back to snack on later in there own unit. Several times hot water has been missing for several days at a time so residents cannot bath except in cold water - isn't there a health law about this?? Recently an elevator was down for an extended time and some residents were 'trapped' on their floor because they could not use stairs and only one elevator per floor. I could go on and on with many other disappointing aspects of this facility. My suggestion - stay away!

Hi Disappointed 4 Mom, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit.

September 23, 2013

By Meredith1

The Meridian is my mom's choice because she likes it and thinks she would fit to it best. It is as nice place and they seem to have a lot of happy people there. Their rooms are larger than most of the facilities and it has a separate bedroom. It is more of a senior living, but it has assisted living attached to it so you can pay for what you need.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

July 13, 2012

By MarloRuth1

This is a great facility. We had the option of choosing a studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom. We ended up choosing a one bedroom place. It's a comfortable place, with a kitchen and a nice living room area with a TV. I also spent some time with my grandpa at the gym. They have some nice treadmills, so we went for a 2 mile run. There were some scheduled activities, too, such as a bingo community activity, but we chose to opt out of this one because I wanted to spend some individual time with my grandfather. Overall, it's a pretty happy place and my grandfather and I both like it.

We appreciate your positive review about your experience.

September 23, 2011

I had a professional tour of this facility and was most impressed with the warm/cozy feel of the environment. It is located in a beautiful, safe community that is family oriented. The interior is beautiful and ver homelike. As you walk down the hallways, you see beautiful paintings on the walls and the carpeting is very tasteful.. They are upgrading the rooms and I saw the old and new rooms. The rooms are spacious with nice views of lush gardens. The area is very quite and perfect for older people. There is a shopping center accross the street to include CVS pharmacy and Fresh & Easy Market. I was in the independent living section and observed how happy the resident's looked. It was dinner time and the food smelled really good. The piano was playing during dinner and it seemed like a real social expreience. Family members were present in the dining room, sharing a meal with their loved one.I would highly recommend this facility. I left with a really good feeling.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Memory Care Reviews for The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

Questions about The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Meridian at Anaheim Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The population consists of very active and engaged residents with average age of 82-85. Their favorite things to do are engaging in the many social events such as music, dancing, special celebrations, gardening, outings to theatre and cultural events.

What programs or activities does The Meridian at Anaheim Hills offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a variety of programs and activities such as exercise, choral group, gardening, card and other group games, music, arts and crafts, painting, outings to restaurants and cultural events and much more.

What places are near The Meridian at Anaheim Hills or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Beautiful parks are nearby as well as shopping, restaurants, golf course and movie theatre.

What transportation services does The Meridian at Anaheim Hills offer to assisted living residents?

We have chaueffeur services offered for doctor appointments, errands and special outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Meridian at Anaheim Hills exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All of our residents experience a 5 star restaurant dining experienece. We offer a variety of upscale menu items and also have alternate menu choices for those residents with special dietary needs.

What safety features or security measures does The Meridian at Anaheim Hills offer to assisted living residents?

We offer a 24/ 7 front desk personnel that is available at all times should any security issue arise and are also staffed with care staff around the clock.

Costs for The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

Photos of The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

Services and Amenities of The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Features Extra: Walking Paths, Library, Chapel, Plaza Lounge, Courtyard, Bistro, Arts & Crafts Room, 24 Hour Coffee Bar, Ice Cream Parlor, Wheelchair Accessible Showers

• Technology Extra: Local Telephone Service, Basic Cable

• Activities Extra: Billiards, Outside Bistro Dining

• Special Diets

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 12
  • Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: Linen Services, Concierge & Chauffeur Services, One On One Companion Care, Assistance With Meals, Bathroom Assistance, Scheduling Of Medical Appointments, 24 Hour Concierge, Hearing Aid Care And Assistance, Apartment Home Maintenance, Incontinence Care, Escorting To Meals, Scheduling Of Medical Appointments, 24 Hour Respiratory Therapist, Care Services And Assistance, Reminiscence Therapy, Visiting Occupational Therapist, Visiting Speech Therapist, Visiting Physical Therapist

Types of care

• Payment Options Extra: Va Aid And Attendance Pension Benefits

• Licenses: California RCFE

About The Meridian at Anaheim Hills

Escape The Ordinary

The Meridian at Anaheim Hills welcomes you to immerse yourself in a breathtaking setting and an exclusive lifestyle designed for those who expect more out of life. Serenely nestled in Anaheim Hills, The Meridian is a luxury senior living community that provides exceptional services and amenities in one monthly fee. This is a true rental community; there are no buy-ins or hidden fees. Offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care.

We have an on-site Home Care agency for our Independent Living residents. They are here 7 days a week and on-call at night, providing exceptional care at affordable prices for Independent Residents if and when they need it.

Map of The Meridian at Anaheim Hills