Lakewood Park Manor

Reviews of Lakewood Park Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Lakewood Park Manor

January 09, 2020

By Mary Colbert

We are looking to move our father into Lakewood Park Manor at the end of the month. The leadership staff at Lakewood Park has been amazing setting up the care plan and making the transition for our family a lot smoother. This has been a difficult time for our entire family and the attention and level of preparation to make this move more successful helped tremendously. We are confident that this is the right decision for our family and that because of the staff at this skilled nursing facility.

January 08, 2020

By William Hadley

Lakewood Park Manor is an amazing community. Compassionate and caring staff, incredible food, and friendly residents. Five stars all the way!

January 06, 2020

By Analise BETHANY

The moment I walked into Lakewood Park Manor, I felt an immediate warm welcome from the front office staff and the cleanliness of the facility. They really know how to make it very warm and inviting for not only their guests, but the residents as well. I'm very impressed by the staff with their high expertise and positive attitudes. This is such an amazing place for any senior independent living on his or her own or anyone needing assistance!

May 13, 2019

By Charlie Reid

The staff at Lakewood Park Manor was amazing with my father. They treated him with respect and honor. Even when he was hard to take care of in his final two weeks, the dignity they showed him was outstanding. Sure it's a business, but the people there really care.

January 16, 2019

By Bella Badelman

My mom was in the quality nursing home for 10 months at age 95. The staff was wonderful. I believe it was the best place for her during her last months. She was well taken care of and loved. I visited any time and was always greeted by the friendly caring staff from management to nurses to aides. Highly recommend for peace of mind. Lots to do for all levels of care. Check out Lakewood Park Manor before making a decision. I think you'll be pleased as I was.

January 11, 2019

By Dustin Stan

We are delighted and greatful for the care that Lakewood Park Manor has provided our mother. All of the staff, including the dining room staff, is engaging and communicative with us, regarding Mom's needs. We stop by at random times and see them providing wonderful care.

October 17, 2018

By GerryP

When we found this place for my mom I was shocked I just how livery the entire vibe was. Didn't feel like I'm nursing home at all but more just like a senior complex where everyone still had a really great quality of life.

June 20, 2018

By Chris

I lived at Lakewood Park Manor. The staff was great. They helped me in any way they could. However, Lakewood Park Manor was totally not good. There were very stringent rules about being at dinner at exactly the right time or you don't eat. The food was high-school style and seldom had a meal that everybody liked. We were generally unhappy with the food there. There wasn't really much of anything in terms of activities that I knew of. Lakewood Park Manor was the lowest-rent place I could find in LA, but I couldn't live there. The room wasn't bad, and the air-conditioner worked; however, that was about the best thing I could say about the place. My side of the building was up against a facility that worked with criminally insane people. They were up against a chain link fence hollering vulgarities a girls walking down the sidewalk first thing bright early in the morning.

April 02, 2018

By Jasmine Brown

I cannot say enough good things about Lakewood Park Manor. There isn't a single person on the management team that doesn't have a heart of gold. The building is beautiful, the staff is caring, and the location is ideal. If you are looking for staff to treat your loved one like family, Lakewood Park Manor is the place for you!

November 22, 2017

By Kendall Darnell

After interviewing several assisted living managers we decided to choose Lakewood Park Manor. The manager was very open and showed us all areas of the facility. Others appeared secretive as if they had something to hide. We even spoke with a couple residents who were very content. We know that our father will be happy living here.

July 17, 2017

By Dianarichey

Other

My husband went to look at this place and he said it was very clean and it would be perfect for his Mother. The staff was very friendly.

June 10, 2017

By Rob7590

They took great care of my father

December 03, 2016

We placed my dad at Lakewood Park Manor. It was affordable, they had an opening, and they have very good care. They have insurance supplement in Medicaid called Care More, and they have a nurse practitioner who comes once a week. The doctor comes once a month or more if he needs it. It's a friendly, supportive environment. My dad has a nice, large private room, and it's very beautiful. Having a doctor and a nurse come on a regular basis to the residents so they don’t have to go out is very helpful. It's across the street from an outdoor shopping area that has lots of convenient stores and restaurants.

November 09, 2016

By Michael283583

Lakewood Park is a very nice place; it seemed to be very well run and operated. The administrator seemed to be a very nice person, they seemed to take very good care of the assisted living there, and the staff is really good and seemed to be very attentive to everyone there. It seemed like a very good facility. The cleanliness stood out to me.

May 30, 2014

By Donald19

I have previous knowledge of Lakewood Park Manor because I had stayed there before; that's how I come across them. They have redecorated the community, and I found the changes made to the recreation room and the lounge area very good. I like the paint color scheme. The staff was reasonable, but I didn't particularly like their service, their maids, and the caregivers. They were sort of very offhand to the patients. They did have a full time activity person at that time. There was therapy in the morning for exercise, and that was very good. We were also taken outside for field trips several times a week. They had their own mini bus, and the activity person would drive the bus. Also, the food was absolutely lousy. The only thing I really enjoyed was the salad before lunch and one of the soups for dinner. The rest of the stuff was very mediocre. They were badly prepared and badly presented. Nevertheless, their rooms were very good.

April 13, 2012

By Robert Salazar

The staff is very nice, they are always willing to help when needed. The facility itself is very clean and uptight. They make the senior feel at home. My grandmother says that she has never experienced such great service, as she has been to multiple assisted living homes. The have very convenient visiting hours and are not strict on kids. And provide good food. Overall I am happy that my grandmother is living here. It gives me a assurance that she is well attended and safe. The staff is very concerned with the residents. They are always asking if they are in need if assistance or anything else. Lakewood Park Manor ensures me that my grandmother is taking her medication at the right time by providing me reports. As this was a problem with other assisted living facilities. I recommend the Lakewood Park Manor to anybody who is seeking assisted living or for a relative that is in need of it.

Independent Living Reviews for Lakewood Park Manor

Costs for Lakewood Park Manor

Photos of Lakewood Park Manor

Services and Amenities of Lakewood Park Manor

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Yes

• Personal Care Assistants

• State Licenses: 198602950

About Lakewood Park Manor

Lakewood Park Manor (LPManor) is a fully licensed independent and assisted living facility. We are located in Downey, minutes from shopping centers, restaurants, medical offices, and hospitals. Lakewood Park Manor is family owned and operated. Our goal is to make each of our seniors feel that they are at home by providing a family environment where they'll be loved and cared for in their later years of life.

Our Independent Senior Living accommodations offer a senior the sense of security that comes with knowing he or she has access to as much or as little assistance as may be needed on a regular basis. If a senior still maintains a moderate level of independence but needs a little extra care for things like grooming or medication management, then our Independent Living accommodations may be a welcomed alternative.

Assisted Living is appropriate for a senior who needs a higher level of assistance such as a person who cannot walk independently and is reliant on a walker or a wheelchair. Our Assisted Living accommodations provide care and support to seniors that require additional direct physical assistance with daily activities such as dressing, bathing or grooming. .

We are only five miles from Orange County, and about 10 miles from the beautiful Pacific coastline.

Map of Lakewood Park Manor