2 Assisted Living Facilities in Orland, CA
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Orland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Orland 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Paradise with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Orland, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Orland
Orland is a small farm town at the far northern edge of California's vast and scenic Central Valley. Home to just a little over 7,600 people, 11 percent of Orland's residents are seniors age 65 and over. Seniors in Orland have two assisted living facilities nearby, where staff help residents live as independently as their health allows. All of California's residential care communities are licensed and regulated through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Orland
- The weather in Orland is highly seasonal, which is typical for the rain shadow area in the northern Central Valley. Summers get hot in Orland, which sees average summer highs of 94 degrees. This can be an issue for some heat-sensitive seniors, who may wish to stay indoors during the hottest days. Winters in Orland can get cold. Average December lows reach 37 degrees here. Orland gets an average of around 23 inches of rain a year, and large surrounding tracts of open farmland can send irritating allergens over the town in spring.
- The cost of living in Orland is very close to the national average, which makes it very affordable by California's standards. While the cost of living in California averages 69 percent above the national average, Orland's cost across all categories is just 4 percent above the national rate. Healthcare in Orland is exactly in line with national averages.
- Crime rates in Orland are generally about 20 percent below the national average rate. Violent crime is significantly less common in Orland than property crime, while most of the reported property offenses are petty theft and some vandalism.
- Public transportation in Orland is managed by Glenn County, which operates Glenn Ride in and around the Orland area. Glenn Ride runs frequent dial-a-ride and volunteer medical transportation in Orland, and seniors who need to get a little closer to their destinations may ask the driver to deviate by up to three-quarters of a mile for their stop.
- The Orland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Glenn Medical Center and Enloe Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Orland has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Orland Township Senior Services Department, an organization that helps Orland seniors plan and take trips, get low-cost or volunteer handyman services and other help living independently, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Orland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Orland start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Orland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Orland
Seniors in Orland who meet the income and asset restrictions for Medicaid may apply for California's Medi-Cal health insurance program. Medi-Cal helps cover some or all of the cost of assisted living in Orland, depending on eligibility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Orland
Orland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Orland, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Orland
Orland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Orland
Review of Always Loving Care
My brother is living in Always Loving Care. The general appearance is very good as far as the cleanliness inside. As far as the general layout, it's actually a home converted into individual rooms ... Read more
Review of WestHaven Assisted Living
WestHaven Assisted Living was a nice, well-laid-out place. What I liked about the place was that it was clean and spacious. I felt that it was a comfortable place because it was not crowded. They h... Read more
Review of WestHaven Assisted Living
My father-in-law has been a resident for over a year at Westhaven. The facility is very clean, and the care is excellent. He is well cared for and seems to be very happy with his surroundings. I... Read more