14 Assisted Living Facilities near Paradise, CA
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Paradise area, with 8 in Paradise and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 16 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Paradise. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Paradise 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paradise, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Paradise, CA
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Paradise, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paradise
Located in the Sierra Nevada foothills of northeast Sacramento Valley, Paradise is considered the second largest city in Butte County with a population over 26,000. Assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Paradise are regulated and licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD). There are nine local communities in Paradise and 16 nearby, which are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCF) in the state of California. These facilities are licensed and regulated to make sure seniors are treated with care and respect as they receive assistance with their daily actitivites.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paradise
- The cost of living in Paradise is 42 percent cheaper than the state average and 7 percent higher than the national median. Seniors who are looking for an affordable place find Paradise favorable for its cheaper groceries and health care services, at 5.1 percent and 2.8 percent, respectively. They also enjoy less costly good and services by 8 percent and utility bills by 17 percent.
- Residents here often experience poor air quality conditions in the area, which can interfere with seniors managing respiratory issues. Paradise, part of the Sacramento-Roseville area, is ranked in the top 10 for worse ozone and short-term particle pollution by the American Lung Association (ALA).
- Seniors living in Paradise are 30 percent safer than others in the nation. The city has a crime rate that is higher than 52 percent higher than comparably sized neighborhoods in the area. Seniors here face a lower risk of violent crime by 136 percent when compared to the national average.
- Hot, muggy summers are prevalent in the Paradise area with temperatures averaging between 75 to 80 degrees. Seniors should proceed with caution while being outside during the hottest months, June through August, where temperatures can reach close to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Residents living in Paradise have an option to ride the Butte County Transit, which also provides seniors with a discounted rate. Seniors also have access to Paradise Express, a direct taxi transporter for the disabled and elderly.
- Paradise has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Paradise Ridge Senior Center, an organization that provides seniors with trips, activities and information at a local senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paradise
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Paradise start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paradise and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paradise
Paradise seniors seeking assisted living care services have access to two state programs for financial assistance, including the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS). The California Medicaid (Medi-Cal) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) is another available resource for eligible seniors seeking aid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paradise
Paradise and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paradise, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paradise
Paradise-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Paradise
Review of Sunshine Manor
Sunshine Manor has been fantastic and I could not be happier. They are very caring and wonderful. They have a garden in the back, so a lot of their food is straight out of the garden, and organic. ... Read more
Review of Sunshine Manor
I could tell the moment I stepped into this facility that it was where mom would be happiest and, more important to me, well cared for. I smelled lunch and it smelled great. The staff I saw were ... Read more
Review of Sunshine Manor
I choose Sunshine Manor for mom to move in because she needs a degree of care. The facility is very clean and orderly. The staff is very friendly and the owner is very receptive. The food is very g... Read more