6 Assisted Living Facilities in Red Bluff, CA
The average cost of assisted living in Red Bluff is $3,795 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Red Bluff. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Red Bluff 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Orland with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Red Bluff, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Red Bluff
Red Bluff is a small city with a mixed farm and tourist economy in the open country at the extreme northern edge of California's vast Central Valley. Home to only 14,000 people, 16 percent of Red Bluff's residents are seniors age 65 and over. Though the town has a large land area that's mostly farm country, six assisted living facilities are scattered around the town to provide a safe, comfortable home for many of Red Bluff's seniors.
Like all residential care homes in the state, Red Bluff's assisted living facilities are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Red Bluff
- Weather in Red Bluff swings from stiff cold temperatures averaging 38 degrees in winter, to some very hot summer days when highs average 97 degrees. This can be an issue for some temperature-sensitive seniors. This part of the Central Valley usually gets about 24.5 inches of rain and 2 inches of snow a year, mostly in winter and spring.
- The cost of living in Red Bluff is close to the national average across all categories. This actually makes the city one of the more affordable towns in California, where the standard cost of living is 69 percent above the national average. Healthcare in Red Bluff is also close to the national mean, though it is around 2 percent less expensive than elsewhere in America.
- Crime rates in Red Bluff are very high. Though violent crime has always been rare in Red Bluff, the town's rates for theft and other property crimes are at least three times the national average.
- Public transportation in Red Bluff is provided by Tehama Rural Area eXpress (TRAX). TRAX offers four regular routes through Red Bluff, with connections to the nearby communities of Redding and Dairyville. Seniors with valid transit ID can ride these routes at a discount, and Paratransit services are available for Red Bluff's mobility-challenged seniors.
- The Red Bluff area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as St. Elizabeth Community Hospital and Shasta Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Red Bluff has an array of community resources for seniors, including the
Alternate Name Tehama County Community Action Agency, an organization that operates senior nutrition and education programs in Red Bluff, as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Red Bluff
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Red Bluff start around $3,735 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Red Bluff and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Red Bluff
Red Bluff seniors who qualify for Medicaid with no share of cost may get help with the cost of assisted living through Tehama County's Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP). They may also qualify for the Medi-Cal's Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Red Bluff
Red Bluff and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Red Bluff, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Red Bluff
Red Bluff-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Red Bluff
Review of Brookdale Red Bluff
Brookdale Red Bluff was beautiful. They took me through the whole facility. They had a dining room, area for community functions, pool table, seating areas, and manicured grounds. It's in a really ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Red Bluff
Brookdale Red Bluff was very nice and it's something that we can consider down the road. It was an absolutely lovely facility. We didn't really tour around too much. If we had to put my mother in s... Read more
Review of Brookdale Red Bluff
We went to Brookdale Red Bluff. My mom lived there for a couple of years when it first opened. The person we talked to was really knowledgeable. She said they didn't have any medical staff in there... Read more