18 Assisted Living Facilities in Oroville, CA
Also serving communities of Richvale, Gridley.
The average cost of assisted living in Oroville is $3,216 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 30 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oroville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oroville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Paradise with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Oroville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oroville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oroville
Oroville, the "City of Gold," is a thriving community with an estimated population of around 19,000 people as of 2017, up from 15,546 in the 2010 Census. About 14 percent of the town's residents are 65 years of age or older.
As seniors' needs change over time, they may wish to consider the benefits of moving into assisted living. Oroville's 18 assisted living facilities primarily serve people aged 60 or older and are licensed by the state as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oroville
- The Oroville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Oroville Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in assisted living often rely on public transportation for their travel needs. Butte Regional Transit, known as B-Line, provides seniors with service in Oroville and outlying areas.
- Seniors may want to ask prospective assisted living facilities what kinds of activities and day trips they offer. Possible points of interest are the Oroville area's many museums and parks, including the Pioneer Museum and Bedrock Park.
- For seniors seeking warmth and sunshine, Oroville offers some of the best weather anywhere. Oroville's climate ranks among the most comfortable in America, with a comfort index of 83 out of 100, meaning that the city experiences many 70-80 degree days and relatively little humidity.
- Of all the cities in California, Oroville is one of the most affordable for seniors, with an overall cost of living that is 2.7 percent higher than the national average but 66.3 percent lower than the state average.
- Oroville has a crime rate of 83 per 1,000 residents, which is higher than California and national averages. In fact, 99 percent of U.S. cities are considered safer than Oroville. Given this, seniors should inquire what potential assisted living facilities do to keep their residents safe.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oroville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Oroville start around $3,216 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oroville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oroville
Seniors who are hesitant to move into assisted living are often concerned about the costs. Fortunately, financial aid is available to eligible seniors with Supplemental Security Income (SSI) through California's Optional State Supplement program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oroville
Oroville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oroville, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oroville
Oroville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oroville
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Country Crest
Living in South Dakota searching for a place for my parents proved to be challenging. Until I found Irene at Pacifca. Almost immediately I felt a weight off my shoulders. She has been so helpful a... Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Country Crest
I've been here almost 4 years and I find it better than expected. It's a great place to live. I've found a home here. I love my apartment - I'ts special.. I enjoy showing my room as it is a art g... Read more
Review of Prestige Assisted Living at Oroville
Prestige at Oroville is very comfortable and the people are really friendly, so it's great. The staff helps me with everything that I ask for. My apartment is a small room that has a living room, b... Read more