Summerfield Senior Living

Reviews of Summerfield Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Summerfield Senior Living

August 21, 2018

By Peggy

Summerfieldl's memory care community is very impressuve. They are less expensive with more staff members and more qualified staff members (medically speaking). The place is cleaner, brighter, and open, and everything about it is more welcoming and not depressing at all. The private room I chose for my mother is absolutely spacious, and it's very nice. They have every activity, from puzzles to games they play to try go get their memory going, to bingo, card games, and they have a library, and all kinds of activities for her. The residents always seem happy, clean, and have had no complaints about the place at all. The room has a lot of large windows for natural light to come in.

March 05, 2018

By Mark

The staff was all very professional at Summerfield Senior Living. I actually put down a deposit for a room for my mom. It was the best option available. The room was small, but my mom doesn't need anything big, and it seemed clean. The residents looked fine, and I don't think anybody was unhappy or upset. The manager was very polite. The facility looked clean and everything looked fine.

March 30, 2017

By James074026

I visited Summerfield Senior Living and spoke with the marketing director who was very gracious, knowledgeable, did an excellent job telling me how they operated the facility, and gave me the information about the costs and their facilities. I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for an assisted living facility because it looked well maintained and clean. I sampled the food, and it was excellent.

February 01, 2017

By Dodie785054

Summerfield was a very beautiful place, and the people were very nice. It reminded me of a high-class hotel. We saw the nice community room. They don't leave the people in their rooms; they take them out, which was nice.

November 02, 2016

By Curious Customer212825

I wasn't really impressed with Summerfield Senior Living. I guess the atmosphere was not very welcoming. The facilities were OK, and the rooms weren't lacking anything but at the time, I wasn't that impressed. I'm sure the staff is fine.

October 07, 2016

By Lori278751

Everything my mom is going to need was at Summerfield, and it was close to home. They have ice cream socials, monthly eating, and dinner with people, and the room is adequate. The food is fine; she is happy with it. They have menu, and the food looked like they were home made.

September 30, 2016

By Sally144832

It’s been a good experience with Summerfield. They’re very attentive, I liked the food, and the dining area was like a restaurant. The room is adequate for her needs. The staff has been very good, and we have no complaints.

May 10, 2016

By VickiRUBJK

We choose Summerfield for my mom mainly because it is local. I like this place. My mom is in a companion room that's large enough to each have their own bed, night stand or lamp, chair, and dresser. They have their own private bathroom and a kitchenette. The staff gives 24/7 care, and the service is fine. She has been there for a month and a half. They have a chef on staff who cooks three meals a day plus snacks, coffee, and juices, whatever they want. They keep them very active, which I like. They have a schedule of things for them to do all day long. There areexercise classes and games for everybody like memory games or watching a program together.

September 23, 2014

I visited Summerfield Retirement and the interior and physical was just gorgeous, pretty, new, very clean, and upscale. The lady who showed us around was very nice, sat down with us, talked, and explained their facilities and what they offered. The rooms were large and I have an aunt that lives there and she is well-satisfied with the food. We saw people mingling and interacting and my aunt is very pleased with the activities. They have outside activities where they take them in little buses to different events, and they have people come there. The director is willing and open to listen to their ideas of what they want and try to accommodate their needs. The pristine condition of the building is what I like the most.

September 01, 2014

My mother is in the memory care unit over at Summerfield. I’d give it a good mark all the way around. They take pretty good care of her. It’s very clean and it’s well staffed. They let me know if there are any problems or any concerns, or if I have any questions. They also do activities and stuff. It’s reasonably priced for the area, so I’m happy with it. I wouldn’t have put her in the other choices in the area. There was another place in the area that was a little bit less expensive and it’s also nice, but it’s a little further drive. So price is a big consideration but the convenience for us to be able to see her is also a factor. I’d highly recommend it Summerfield for the Yuba City area. It’s a good facility.

February 28, 2014

By Bob79524550

We went to Summerfield Retirement Community and it's such a pretty inviting place. We looked at the rooms and they are pretty new. It's a very nice and clean place. I was impressed with the facility.

August 13, 2013

By jc_slidell46

It was the newest and the prettiest one we've seen in a while. Their rooms were in the halls. The staff was accommodating to us. They do not have skilled nurses.

January 20, 2012

By sassykittykat25

I felt that this facility was a very nice place. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The residents all seemed happy and were friendly with eachother. When I walked into the building, I was greeted with a smile and asked if I was there to visit a resident or tour the facility. I stated that I was there to take a tour and they were very friendly about showing me around. The bathrooms were clean, the hallways were clean, and I noticed that all residents were clean and dressed for the day, whereas in other facilities I had noticed that most residents were still in nightgowns and appeared depressed. I felt good about the fact that there was an alarm on the door in case any confused residents walked out the door without being buzzed through. This is important to keep track of alzheimers patients. I know I spelled that wrong, sorry. Anyhow, this place is in the top running for places for my grandfather to live as he will soon need assistance.

October 07, 2011

By beverly1

On 10/06/1011, I visited relatives at this assisted living facility on Plumas Street in Yuba City. This is what I observed: Cleanliness: generally good, individual bathrooms were clean w some odors. Generally spacious and orderly hallways Meals: 3 per day Residents: "Everyone treats us good" "food is good, some cooks are better than others" Activities: encouraged, large room w big sceen TV This facility is a little hard to find, tucked away behind a Senior living facility. It is licensed for 99 residentsand currently is home to about 70 persons.

August 01, 2011

I really loved this place and had no regrets when i placed my mother there when her dementia started increasing. The staff has very nice and it felt like a home to my mother and the food was not to bad the cooked 3 meals a day and provided snacks to her whenever she wanted. They also would transport to all of her appointments so I didnt have to worry about her missing any appointments. They also had activities for her to join in like bingo and card games and lots of stuff to keep them active and there mind working. I really enjoyed summerfield everytime I came to visit my mother. The place was also very safe and secure they have a buzzer system for people to come in and if you are not buzzed out than the alarm goes off so staff can check to see who went out the door. Which comfort me to know if my mother was to get confused and think she was younger or try to take off they would know and stop her and comfort her so she wouldnt be running around the streets or get hurt.

Independent Living Reviews for Summerfield Senior Living

Memory Care Reviews for Summerfield Senior Living

Questions about Summerfield Senior Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff is given monthly online training and in services to continue furthering our team's education in senior care.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Summerfield Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age for residents at Summerfield is from 70's to 80's. Some of the popular activities residents really enjoy at Summerfield are listening to live entertainment, Bingo, and arts and crafts.

What programs or activities does Summerfield Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We encourage all residents to participate in our morning exercise class along with participating in daily activities such as live entertainment, arts and crafts and Bingo.

What places are near Summerfield Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Near our community there are many things to enjoy within driving distance such as Downtown Yuba City which is filled family owned restaurants and shops. Across from our community there is a local pharmacy along with provider offices of different specialties.

What transportation services does Summerfield Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation to medical appointments on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 10:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.

What makes the chef or dining program at Summerfield Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our residents are served restaurant style. Every meal offers a variety of well-balanced choices to suit individual tastes and dietary requirements. Our exceptional meals range from down home, delicious, comfort food to a variety of ethnic dishes seasoned with tantalizing flavors.

What safety features or security measures does Summerfield Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We provide a 24-hour call system, smoke or heat detector, carbon monoxide monitors, and sprinkler system in each apartment. We also have at least one staff member on the premises and on duty at all times who is trained in CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and first aid.

How does Summerfield Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication with our residents families is very important to us. We strive to make direct contact with all of our families to communicate if unsuccessful then we do contact them by telephone and email.

If Summerfield Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Residents are welcome to use the front of the community or the patio in assisted living to enjoy time with their pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What safety features or security measures does Summerfield Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

Summerfield does offer a Memory Care Section in our community that is secured by a pin pass code door to insure our residents safety.

How does Summerfield Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Costs for Summerfield Senior Living

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Summerfield Senior Living

A community that provides accommodations and services for independent living, assisted living and memory care, Summerfield Senior Living sits in Yuba City, a lovely bedroom community close to Sacramento. We are dedicated to providing a high level of care for those residents that require it, while at the same time performing these services with the utmost respect for the individual.

We have a number of different accommodation options here at Summerfield Senior Living, with floor plans available in both studio and one-bedroom layouts. Each apartment comes outfitted with private baths, individually controlled thermostats and emergency call systems that are monitored 24 hours a day. Select units even come equipped with kitchenettes.

Residents can often be found working on personal projects and chatting with friends in our craft activity room, relaxing in the library with a favorite book or enjoying a delicious meal in The Sage Grill dining room. With our Dine Your Way Program, residents choose what they want to eat, when they want to eat.

No matter their place in life, residents are presented with activities and programs that fit them as individuals. Our Live Your Way® Wellness Programs is our special fitness program that has been developed to adapt to each resident's lifestyle.

If assistance is ever required, our talented staff members are available around the clock to lend a helping hand. These services often include help with medication management, personal hygiene, showing, dressing, ambulation and other activities of daily living. Our memory care residents are provided with a variety of programs and services that specifically address the daily challenges faced by individual with dementia.

Map of Summerfield Senior Living