105 Assisted Living Facilities near Rocklin, CA
With an average cost of $3,902 in Rocklin, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 52 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 13 facilities in Rocklin.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rocklin, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rocklin
Rocklin is up the hill from Roseville, Calif., on the I-80 corridor to Auburn. This town has seven large assisted living communities and several smaller residential care facilities, both regulated by the California Department of Social Services Senior Care Licensing division. Though service levels vary between facilities, residents in these communities can expect room and board, 24-hour staff help and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing and dressing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rocklin
- Though it's up the hill from the valley, Rocklin is climatically part of Sacramento's Mediterranean climate. Daily highs here average 73 degrees Fahrenheit, lows hit 48 degrees, and the city gets about 18.5 inches of rain a year.
- Rocklin is a fairly expensive place to live by national standards, but property here is generally more affordable than elsewhere in California. In general, prices in Rocklin are about 28 percent higher than average nationwide, though utilities are a bit cheaper.
- As a city in Placer County, Rocklin charges a 0.25-percent sales tax on most goods sold. That's on top of California's 6-percent sales tax, plus the 1-percent special sales tax the state charges. California's income tax is one of the highest in the nation, though SSI and many types of retirement income are exempt.
Rocklin's crime stats almost exactly track the national averages. In assault and crimes against people, the city is a bit more peaceful than most, and there's no category of serious crime where Rocklin exceeds the average nationwide.
- Public transportation is limited in Rocklin, since most people here own their own cars and commute into the valley for work. Placer County Transit does offer reasonable coverage, however, and transfers to adjacent Roseville are free.
- No major hospitals are located within Rocklin proper, but major medical centers operate on both sides of town in the larger communities adjoining the city. Southward, Roseville has both Sutter Roseville Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center for inpatient and emergency care. To the north, Rocklin patients are often treated at Sutter Auburn Faith, in Auburn, CA.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rocklin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Rocklin start around $3,902 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rocklin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rocklin
Seniors who require financial assistance can seek eligibility through the California Medicaid program, which includes The Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rocklin
Rocklin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rocklin, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rocklin
Rocklin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rocklin
Review of Sunrise of Rocklin
We visited the Sunrise in Rocklin and it was a very nice place. We didn't really delve into it that deeply but just the overall impression, it was very nice. We saw their pool, their exercise room ... Read more
Review of The Villas at Stanford Ranch
We choose this Residence as a permanent one for our extroverted 94 years young mother The residents are treated as family, and everyone loves the interaction and mental stimulation You coul... Read more
Review of Atria Rocklin
My experience living with Atria Rocklin has been varied, but most of the time I'm very pleased. Except for the buffet on Sundays, the food is very mediocre. I think the maintenance here is wonderfu... Read more