Eskaton Village Roseville

Reviews of Eskaton Village Roseville

Assisted Living Reviews for Eskaton Village Roseville

August 13, 2021

By Joanne K S

My mother has lived at Eskaton for 6 years. She is very happy and contented there. The staff is outstanding--very caring and compassionate to the residents and each other. The new Director reaches out to family members on a regular basis to give updates on any changes at the facility, especially during Covid-19. Everyone (staff and residents) is tested regularly and results are reported to family members. There are a variety of activities which should appeal to many and keep the residents busy. The facility is lovely and updated frequently.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your experience. I am pleased to hear that our team made your experience pleasant!

April 19, 2021

By Lauren

I visited Eskaton Village Roseville, and everything was really nice. It exceeded our expectations, and when we choose to go, that will likely be the one that we will choose. Britney was super friendly and the place was all very clean, and socially distanced for now, so that was great. They do games and themed types of weeks.

February 27, 2019

By Evan

Eskaton Village Roseville was very nice, modern, clean, and had a great atmosphere. The saleswoman I talked to was very good. The dining room was very good. Everything was top quality.

By Larry B

Josh - positive, helpful, professional - great representative to Eskaton. Matt - maintenance - outstanding - helpful, great problem solver. All the drivers are so friendly! Acct Center - Carol & Kristie - warm, caring, helpful. Laurie - new, delightful! - good addition to the staff. We enjoy the exercise room, pool/spa, and all social activities. Much thought goes into "community" spirit - great place to live and enjoy our retirement years.

By BarbaraM11

I have lived at Eskaton Villages for 3 years. My husband moved to the memory care after we had been here one and half years. We participated in the exercise classes, dinner with the veterans, and lunches in the Bistro. I have made many new friends and enjoy the community.

August 15, 2018

By Phil

Eskaton Village Roseville is a nice community. They have a full range of services and accommodations from very independent houses and apartments, to assisted living, to nursing care. The food looked excellent, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They have an indoor pool, a workout room, and a lot of outside trips you can sign up for where they go to restaurants and other things like that.

April 02, 2018

By Linda

Eskaton Village Roseville was very nice and seemed to be very secure. They have a lot of the things that we were looking for. The price was just a little bit out of our range. They had a little bit more than some of the other ones. My mom is on shots and they were one of the few that had the ability to do that. The dining area was OK. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

September 23, 2017

By terrasun

We had a great experience touring this place. Everyone was helpful & so kind. It was very clean and even the lunch that we had was delicious.

September 14, 2017

By FallPreventionScreening

Excellent - the program on PBS and Christy's efforts for us is so appreciated. Eskaton feels like a partnership with us!

August 21, 2017

By Rose

I enjoy life here with all the activities they have. I also feel very safe and happy here.

Rose, thank you for the lovely review. We are glad to hear we are doing our jobs to make you safe and happy at Eskaton Village Roseville.

June 23, 2017

By PeggyP

I love the shuttle service and all the other amenities including meals, social activities, etc.

Peggy, It's great to hear you have what you need here at Eskaton Village Roseville. Staying social is key to healthy aging. Thank you for the review.

June 01, 2017

By rs416644

Eskaton Village was a very nice community for older citizens. It was very nice. The attendants and the sales staff were very nice, very supportive, and seemed quite knowledgeable. The facilities were very nice. We thought very highly of it and tried to rent a place there for my father-in-law, but we found out from the other family members that it wasn’t what they wanted.

December 08, 2016

By TJ245781

The reason I moved here was to improve my quality of life. I was living by myself and eating fried egg sandwiches too often. It was time for me to have another environment. I am happy to be here. It's really nice. I moved here with a broken hip, and now I'm starting to take classes on balance so I can improve.

November 29, 2016

By Carol806134

I am so thankful I have this place. My pastor comes once a month and gives me communion. It's wonderful. I didn’t' like being in a big house alone. I meet so many wonderful people here day in and day out. I am a happy camper. The number one things for me are the caregivers and the staff; so incredibly wonderful to me. We became their friends, they became our friends and we know they are there for us. I am very happy here and I feel good. My life has meaning and I feel worthwhile. I can be a friend to a lot of people.

November 22, 2016

By Joyce880772

We have so many activities, as many or as few as you want to do. Every day I attend exercise with Tammie, and Tuesdays and Thursdays I exercise with Christy. I was cooking much for myself living alone. I was eating TV dinners or going out to eat. Here at Eskaton, all the food is tempting, especially the desserts. I feel spoiled that someone else is doing the cooking. After waiting on your children and being so busy, it's nice having someone wait on you!

November 15, 2016

By Phil S

I've been at Eskaton Village Roseville, assisted living, for seven years and I love it. It's my home and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs tender-loving care.

October 07, 2016

By MurielM

It’s like a fancy hotel. It always smells good and is always clean.

January 15, 2016

By Caring son24

My mom was at Eskaton Village Roseville before she passed on, and our experience has been very good. My father is still there. My mom, with her condition, didn’t participate much in activities but did go on outings. They take one of the buses out on one- to two-hour outings to look around and see things or go shopping. There are memory-type classes and art-type classes, and things like that.

November 30, 2015

By Lorry1

The staff at Eskaton Village Roseville was very good. They were very interested in showing us around. We saw the nice restaurant area. Everything about the place was first-class.

November 24, 2015

By Linda114724550

Eskaton Village Roseville was very nice and clean. Their amenities were very nice, but their rooms were a little small.

August 31, 2015

By Anna Santucci

Eskaton and its employees have been a godsend for me and my family. I know my mother is receiving the best care possible. She has met and made many friends. The staff is kind, caring, helpful and have become my friends as well.

May 01, 2015

I think Eskaton Village is excellent. The staff and the facility are excellent. The apartment has one bedroom, a living room, and a bathroom. It's very light and very nice. The food was very tasty and very good, but it wasn't very plentiful. I understand why it wasn't. It's not big portions because people are not very active. They have all kinds of activities like bridge, card games, and board games, and they have a three and half feet deep pool. They also have a full-time activity director. They're very good, and the accommodations are excellent. Security is great. There's a wall around it and two entrances, both of which has a gate and a guardhouse on each end. Then they have a roving security at night that goes around the compound.

Thank you for visiting our community. We are pleased to hear you had a good experience. We offer daily exercise plus balloon volleyball twice a week and Tai Chi every Monday. Brain fitness is also very important. You will see on our activity calendar trivia, Jeopardy, X-box and iPad games. For a complete list of activities and amenities, visit our website.

May 28, 2014

It’s a tough adjustment from a home to an apartment here in Eskaton Village, but I’m comfortable. It’s going to take a little longer for the adjustment, but I've talked to other people here, and they said sometimes it takes up to a year. The food has been very good. Some of the servicing has been weak. Some of the assistance, I should say, but there are always certain conflicts - personality conflicts etc., but I think most of these are correctable.

April 10, 2014

By Kate16

Eskaton was near our house, and my husband stayed there for one night. It was nice, very clean, and very well-lit. They had WiFi, and my husband had his own laptop in his room. They invited us for dinner, and the food was very good. It was well-proportioned, tasty, and nicely presented. The kitchen staff even chatted with people if they had time. The staff was very sweet and accommodating. However, my husband had a dog, and he didn't want to walk the dog enough. Every time he left the dog in the room, the dog would howl, and it was annoying to the nearby people. Fortunately, he opted on his own to come home.

Independent Living Reviews for Eskaton Village Roseville

November 16, 2018

By Violet

All services and amenities here are outstanding, especially shuttle service; excellent system and drivers. Classes, fitness program, social events; varied and something for everybody. Vans provided for medical appointments, Monday shopping and Sunday churches. Eskaton employees always pleasant, very helpful, and patient with our questions. Special mention: Josh, Assistant Executive Director, and Christy, Fitness/Wellness Instructor. The organization and training of employees here is outstanding. We are so grateful to have found this place that has improved our quality of life.

November 12, 2018

By Doris

I have lived here at Eskaton Village Roseville for "10 years", and have received very good care. I am pleased with all the care staff. They do their best to help with our needs. The waiters in the dining room are patient with us and serve us with a smile. Sometimes they don't make enough desserts.

November 07, 2018

By Carol

I've been here two and half years and I'm so impressed with the care and service I've received. They seem to know what we need and are there for us. Two thumbs up!

October 26, 2018

By Jay

Good. All requests are handled in good time and with quality.

October 20, 2018

By Joyce L.

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Everyone tries to please. Favorite thing about community is the convenience. The activities keep me out of trouble all day long!

October 18, 2018

By Ron

From the time we moved in over a year ago, we have always been very pleased with the services of helping with landscaping (Tom) and John's attention with his staff in helping us out with varied situations! Thank you.

By DianeKP

Excellent, caring staff for homeowner services - always friendly and smiling. Shuttle back and forth to Village Center is great. Good amount and quality of activities - love the exercise classes. Usually quick response to call for help with homeowner needs.

By Ron McK

I am pleased with services. The current staff are receptive to needs and helpful. I believe one service needed is a method to allow homeowners to provide rides for those needing rides, to appointments.

By Jeannie W

Employees (Matt, Sarge, Darryl, Orlando) come to my home. Change batteries in smoke detectors, change lightbulbs in ceiling, and come to my rescue in the heat, when I am walking dogs and they offer me a ride home in the tram. The employees check on me at my door when they don't see me for a couple days. I eat at the Lodge sometimes - great service. Desk receptionist is great. Josh and Vicki help solve problems with me and my neighbors - they are my go-too!!

January 03, 2018

By Edie

Eskaton Village Roseville was lovely, clean, extremely accessible, very nice, and friendly. I can't say enough good about it. The staff was excellent. It has apartments for people who needed more care. It has restaurants and a clubhouse with a lunch bar which was very nice. The houses have emergency pull cords so you get help immediately.

March 31, 2015

By LovelyLady20

The staff at Eskaton Village was very cordial and seemed to know the clients. The location is beautiful, and it is a very nice and welcoming facility. I happen to be a farm girl and I didn’t think it was the clientele that I would be comfortable with. We try to find a place where we fit in as far as education and lifestyle, and I thought it was just a little bit different than what I would enjoy.

Memory Care Reviews for Eskaton Village Roseville

February 26, 2017

By newhart1

My parents were very happy at Eskaton Assisted Living. Now my mother is thriving at Eskaton Memory Care. The caretakers are very helpful and compassionate. I am pleased with the facility and highly recommend it.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our staff appreciates it very much.

July 31, 2015

By Tom114756150

The memory care unit has been my wife's home for over a year now. She has a private room which is something that many communities do not provide. But most importantly, the memory care unit staff members are extremely good at providing gentle and empathetic care to each and every resident.

November 29, 2014

By jeanne9910

Eskaton Village is not too far from our place, but it is nice and surrounded by parks, and a not very busy street. My mother likes it when they have a dance. The whole family has been very happy with them. For the memory care unit, there are only 30 residents in there, and it is very well-secured. She has her separate room and separate bath and all that, and we are able to go there and check on her anytime. If we see anything that we question, we ask them.

July 04, 2014

By barefooted

My Mom was in Memory Care for a month. In that time she developed Stage 3 pressure sores. She had to be moved to another facility for wound care, Pressure sores should never have happened and found her lack of care disturbing. Have to put a star in rating, they do not deserve even that.

Eskaton take reports like this very seriously. We expect that all of our residents receive the best care in the best environment possible. Vicky Cross, executive director, is available to answer any questions about staffing, care, and surveys conducted by the health department.

March 20, 2013

By CarnelianSundrop

I spend time in Eskaton Village Roseville's memory care at least once a week visiting a friend in failing health. The residents (the one I visit included) are often disheveled. The center smells strongly of urine and feces. The staff are kind, but seem overworked, tired and hard to reach since there are so few. I am often waiting upwards 20 minutes for assistance. Activities are slow, juvenile and only ever seem to engage a few of the residents at a time. They often have entertainment though, which brings the group together. Eskaton Village Roseville is a very beautiful facility, but unfortunately runs very mediocre.

Eskaton does everything possible to keep our residents healthy and engaged. Our staff is well trained and receives 40 additional hours in Eskaton’s Memory Care academy. We are very concerned when we hear a report like this and our executive director Vicky Cross takes it very seriously. Please know she investigates every concern by residents, family, visitors and staff.

July 18, 2012

By HoneyEeds

When my mother-in-law fell and broke her hip, she was unable to move back home to her 2-story home. She was just starting to have memory issues and was having difficulties taking her medicines. We chose Eskaton Village because it was the nicest facility around and it was near her home and family.

March 13, 2012

By SoftKitty

My aunt began having memory problems. Her husband had died a few years earlier. She was in good health and able to care for herself for several years. Then she began to forget where she left things, what day it was, whether she had taken her medications--the usual slow decline. I and several other family members visited Eskaton because it was close enough to where we lived that we felt we could visit my aunt frequently. The facility is very attractive and very cheerful. They seemed to offer many activities in addition to the long-term memory and dementia care. After about a month at the facility, my aunt began to be withdrawn and seemed to be unwilling to talk to us when we visited. I discovered that she was spending almost all of her time alone in her room. I was told that she was a "disturbing" influence on some of the other residents because she "talked too much." After lengthy discussions with some of the staff and administration, and a few conversations with the other residents, we decided to move her to another facility that really DID specialize in memory loss and other such problems. After a few weeks at her new facility, she became her old chatty self--even if she still didn't know what day it was. She seems happy. I feel Eskaton is more a retirement facility and that they should not claim to be able to deal with memory loss and dementia clients when they can not do so.

Eskaton offers a specialized memory care program called Dawn of a New Day. Our staff receives an extra 40 hours of training through the Eskaton Memory Care Academy. Please read more on our website.

February 14, 2012

By lindagrondona

My mom has been a resident at Eskaton for about 2 years. I am very impressed with the facility which is lovely, but equally impressed with the staff. Without a doubt I believe my mom, who is in memory care, is receiving amazing care. The staff is genuinely concerned about her and I know she is receiving great care. What I have noticed is that many of the staff that were there when she arrived had worked there since it opened its doors and they are still there today. That says a lot to me about how much they enjoy what they do. I have recommended Eskaton to others and am very pleased with everything it offers. My mom gave so much to others as a nurse for over 30 years that it's nice to see her now on the receiving end as she is now getting the same kind of care she once gave.

February 12, 2012

By Susanmo

My father has been a resident in Eskaton's memory care unit for over a year now. I live far away, and it is a great comfort to me to know that he is very well cared for. I have visited him several times and I talk to him on the phone every week. I also have family close by that checks on him several times a week. When I visit, I spend most of my days at Eskaton with Dad, eating meals with the residents and participating in activities. I've had the opportunity to watch the staff interacting with all the residents, and have been impressed with their caring and patience. As can be imagined, some of the residents in a memory care unit can try one's patience! The staff is very professional, and I am grateful that my dad is getting such good care.

January 25, 2012

By AEDDY

My father has lived at Eskaton Village Roseville for over a year in Memory Care. Living with minimal supports 3,000 miles away, his health had rapidly deteriorated to the point that he was enrolled in hospice shortly after his arrival in California. I credit the care that he has received at Eskaton Village Roseville to his dramatic improvement and hospice "graduation." The staff is knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. Always a fiercely independent man, they took the time to understand my father's interests and found a way to engage him through music and concerts, computer classes, pet visits, outings and exercise. He thrives on the attention and now feels a sense of daily purpose again. Always respectful, they have found a way to discreetly assist him with daily needs in a way he is comfortable with and will accept. The staff's support extends to the family as well. They have been a valuable resource when navigating through the unfamiliar process of caring for an elderly parent, and have provided emotional strength during some very difficult days. The care and help that my father has received at Eskaton Village Roseville gave me and my family the most important gift of all "“ the gift of time with an aging father. I will be forever grateful.
See all Memory Care reviews (14) See fewer reviews

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 315002052

• Get Costs

About Eskaton Village Roseville

Eskaton Village Roseville (a Multiservice Retirement Community) is a service rich retirement community that offers home ownership, as well as the Lodge with assisted living and memory care in a picturesque, gated community. Located in Northwest Roseville, the community is just a short distance to the region's newest medical centers, the area's largest shopping mall, plus numerous restaurants and specialty shops. Residents enjoy the combination of peaceful community living and accessibility to everyday conveniences.

The Memory Care Center is designed to offer a supportive and secure environment for individuals with memory impairments. The Lodge's home-like setting and specially trained staff represent Eskaton's commitment to dignity and quality of living for all residents.

Private rooms with shared common areas (dining, recreation, etc.)

• 24-hour personal assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
    • Bedside care and tray service for minor, temporary illness or recovery from surgery
    • Recreation and social programs tailored for memory impairment
    • Delayed egress, alarmed perimeter doors Monthly Fees: Monthly service fees are based on the appropriate service level and can be adjusted as individual needs change.

The Lodge's assisted living provides residents with support of everyday living tasks and healthcare, as well as dining, housekeeping, transportation, exercise and social programs.

Apartment Features

Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, 24 hour security at Gate, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Map of Eskaton Village Roseville