206 Assisted Living Facilities near Orangevale, CA
There are 206 Assisted Living Facilities in the Orangevale area, with 18 in Orangevale and 188 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Orangevale is $3,785 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Fair Oaks with an average starting cost of $3,263.
To help you with your search, browse the 635 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Orangevale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Orangevale 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Granite Bay with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 15 families in Orangevale find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Orangevale, call (855) 863-8283.
18 Assisted Living Facilities in Orangevale, CA
188 Assisted Living Facilities near Orangevale, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Orangevale
Orangevale is located in Sacramento County, California and is known among residents for its frequent community events and charming atmosphere. Orangevale is home to just under 34,000 residents, 15.7 percent of whom are over the age of 65. There is a total of 57 Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) that provide assisted living to seniors in the Orangevale area. Eight are located in Orangevale, while the remaining 49 are nearby in cities and towns such as Citrus Heights, Folsom and Roseville.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Orangevale
- Sacramento County has been assigned a failing grade from the American Lung Association for its poor air quality. Seniors in poor health may prefer to look for an RCF in an area with better air quality to avoid worsening any medical conditions.
- Orangevale has no facilities to choose from in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Folsom.
- Seniors in Orangevale can feel safe knowing that crime rates are low. Only 2.49 violent crimes per 1,000 residents and 15.33 property crimes per 1,000 residents occur per year in Orangevale. By comparison, average crime rates in the state of California are 4.45 violent crimes and 25.53 property crimes per 1,000 residents.
- The overall cost of living in Orangevale is 34.8 percent higher than the U.S. average. However, seniors may find themselves saving on the cost of healthcare in Orangevale, which is 10 percent below the national average.
- Seniors with skin conditions or who are sensitive to heat may find summers too hot and uncomfortable in Orangevale. The average July high temperature in July is 94 degrees, which is considerably higher than the national average of 86.1 degrees.
- Seniors in Orangevale can easily access surrounding areas using Sacramento Regional Transit, which offers several public transportation routes throughout Sacramento County. Reduced fares are available to seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Orangevale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Orangevale start around $3,735 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Orangevale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Orangevale
Orangevale seniors living in RCFs can apply for financial assistance with the cost of services under a 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waive.
California's Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients who are living in RCFs can apply for an Optional State Supplement (OSS) that is intended to help them pay for the cost of room and board. The state limits what RCFs can charge seniors who receive SSI for room and board.
Family supplementation is not permitted in California.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Orangevale
Orangevale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Orangevale, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Orangevale
Orangevale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Orangevale, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Orangevale
Review of Timberleaf Home Care
The only bright side of this all was I called and went to Timberleaf Home Care that was on the list but no appointment was scheduled. Ben the owner was the warmest and sweetest man alive. He made m... Read more
Review of Blossom Vale Senior Living
My mother has been living in Blossom Vale Senior Living for several weeks now. She really likes it, I really like the people there and it seems like a good place to live. They do her pill managemen... Read more
Review of All Seasons | Residential Assisted Living
Toly and his excellent and caring staff provided wonderful sensitive care for our parents, first our Mom, who passed in 2017 in her early 90s and then for our Dad, 94, who passed earlier this year.... Read more