227 Assisted Living Facilities near Rancho Cordova, CA
There are 227 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rancho Cordova area, with 5 in Rancho Cordova and 222 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rancho Cordova is $3,098 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Citrus Heights with an average starting cost of $2,750.
To help you with your search, browse the 619 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rancho Cordova. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rancho Cordova 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Antelope with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rancho Cordova, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Rancho Cordova, CA
222 Assisted Living Facilities near Rancho Cordova, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rancho Cordova
Located just east of Sacramento, California, Rancho Cordova, is a growing city with over 73,000 residents, and 11 percent of those people are 65 or older. Although the area's history stretches back to California's Gold Rush days, this area only became a city in 2003.
Seniors in Rancho Cordova who require assistance with the activities of everyday living can choose among the 227 assisted living facilities in the area with five located within the Rancho Cordova city limits. Assisted living facilities are called residential care facilities (RCFs) in Rancho Cordova and all of California and are overseen by the Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rancho Cordova
- The Rancho Cordova area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Mather.
- Seniors and their families might feel safe in Rancho Cordova. The overall crime rate is 15 percent lower than the national average and 21 percent lower than California's average. Property crimes are more prevalent in the area than violent crimes so seniors might want to take precautions like locking doors.
- Rancho Cordova offers mild winters with daily temperatures in the mid-50s to the mid-60s. However, summers can be hot with temperatures in the mid to high 80s. When spending time outdoors on the hottest days, seniors may want to carry water and return indoors often.
- Seniors and their families can access the light rail transportation for day trips further away with the Rancho CordoVan that takes them to the Zinfandel Regional Transit Light Rail Station.
- Low-income seniors can make the most of their limited budgets in Rancho Cordova because California does not tax Social Security retirement income. The state does tax all other sources of retirement incomes, including retirement saving accounts such as IRAs and 401(K). In some cases, seniors can apply to lower their property taxes.
- Living in Rancho Cordova can be expensive for seniors. The town's overall cost of living is 31 percent higher than the national average, but it's also 37 percent lower than the rest of the state.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rancho Cordova
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Rancho Cordova start around $3,098 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rancho Cordova and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rancho Cordova
California doesn't offer many resources for funding for seniors who need an assisted living facility for care. Low-income seniors can use Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid program to help with the expense. The state also offers Medicaid waivers to provide additional assistance with expenses such as the Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP), and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rancho Cordova
Rancho Cordova and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rancho Cordova, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rancho Cordova
Rancho Cordova-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Rancho Cordova, CA
Other Options in Rancho Cordova, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rancho Cordova
Review of Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova
Summerset Senior Living was almost like a Holiday Inn kind of place. It was pretty nice. They have a library, a gym, transportation, and they have a calendar of events. The sales director showed me... Read more
Review of Tender Home Senior Care
My mother is at Tender Home Senior Care. It is a wonderful place to be. I would highly recommend them. They deal with people that are not totally aware of where they are or what they're doing. They... Read more
Review of Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova
Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova was good but a little crowded. The rooms were clean and spacious. The dining area was like a restaurant. The tour guide was good and informative. The buildi... Read more