Atria El Camino Gardens

Reviews of Atria El Camino Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria El Camino Gardens

August 07, 2021

By Kelly

Atria El Camino Gardens is a large facility, much larger than the two I have visited, and it's a nice place. They have three different dining halls, and they call them restaurants for the convenience of the residents. The residents are generally very cheerful and kind, but I noted that the people at the desk are a little stiff and were a little standoffish. They're more business-oriented rather than person-oriented. We placed my mother-in-law in their assisted living. I have tried their food and they had quite a variety. When we visited her, we couldn't participate in any activities because of COVID. We could barely come in and do anything when we got her moved in. It's a pleasant place though, they upgraded the facade and the look of the interior. They have courtyards and places where the family can meet, and I like her apartment. It's very clean and it's very nice. I've seen other places that are nicer, but still, Atria El Camino is a nice, comfortable place.

June 20, 2021

By Cindy

My mom has been in Atria El Camino Gardens for a week now, and it's beautiful. My mother loves to socialize and there is a lot of socialization going on in the place. I think that she'll be happy there. The rooms were great. They were all wonderful. My mom is in a one-bedroom apartment. They seem to have all different types of rooms to make people comfortable. They have art rooms, and they had a small women's club meeting going on when I was there. They also showed us a grand piano and talked about the entertainment they have. There are three restaurants, two of which are not reopened yet because of COVID, but the main dining room is open, and it's very nice. The menu looks great. She's had nothing but good things to say about the food too. I think they are a higher price than some of the places I looked at, but I think it's fair since it offers a lot more. I looked at a lot of facilities on the website and visited a couple of them, and they were all memory care. My mom has dementia, but I felt like she is not in that stage yet, so this is the right place for her. I really like Atria El Camino Gardens.

Hi Cindy, It's been our pleasure to welcome your mom to our community. Your compliments mean the world to our team. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

April 16, 2021

By Bryer

My mother was in Atria El Camino Gardens before she passed away. It was lovely. Mom was there for three years. She made a lot of friends there and at the beginning, she did a lot of activities before she got sick. We really liked it there. We moved her there because she had a couple of good friends there already. The food was excellent. It's a big place, but it's very well run. They had three restaurants, a library, and a lot of outdoor space. The staff was very caring. It wasn't until after she passed that we got a couple of get well cards that were signed by the waiters, the staff in the restaurants, and all of the nurses. One of the administration staff adopted her cat. She had a one-bedroom with lots of light.

Hi Bryer, It was truly our pleasure to have your mother part of the Atria family. Your compliments mean the world to our team, so thank you.

March 19, 2021

By Paula

My tour at Atria El Camino Gardens was wonderful and very thorough. We got to see the different areas where the seniors have their meals, and we got to see the salon. They showed us what one of the studios looks like. They were smaller studio rooms, but there was still quite a bit of room. If it weren't a private-pay thing, I could see my friend being there because it's a wonderful facility. They had a patio. They even have memory care for those who need it. It's a very wonderful place. If it were me looking for a place, I would feel safe there. The dining area was nice, and they had everything spaced out, so the COVID restrictions are being taken into account. People can go any time between seven in the morning and seven at night to sit down and have a meal, and it's like an open thing. There were three different dining situations at that particular place. They had a room where they had a big screen, and the room was used for different things. It would be a movie matinée one day, another day might be when they practice singing because they have a singing group, and another day might be for bingo. They have an activity room where they do arts and crafts and the like. If it were me looking for a place, I would consider that place. The staff was very helpful, very nice, and excellent.

March 10, 2021

By Greg

My mother moved into Atria El Camino Gardens in October. It's excellent. They have limited activities because of COVID. They have various areas that you can congregate in and visit with other residents, but they are spaced out. They also have little luncheons. They don't really have full access to restaurants yet, but there are three on site. They can walk around.

March 04, 2021

By ReviewerFY#0129

We're moving my father to Atria El Camino Gardens next week. I chose it because I have a friend who is living there, so I thought they would have friendship together. The staff seemed efficient in doing their jobs. The rooms that I saw looked clean. It looks just exactly how you expect it to look. Everything's just right. Everything was really nice, pretty and well-kept.

Hello, We're thrilled to welcome your father to the Atria family. Your feedback is important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience. Thank you for choosing Atria!

January 25, 2021

By Brian

My parents moved into Atria El Camino Gardens. It seems pretty good. They haven't talked about the food much. I believe they do have activities going, but they kind of slowed down on it because of the situation at the moment. They have a restaurant, but the rooms basically have a full kitchen, they have a studio, but they have a full kitchen, bedroom, cable, everything set up, internet, everything is there. The staff is very friendly, very open, very helpful, so it is very nice.

Hi Brian, We're happy to have your parents call Atria home. Your feedback is important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience.

May 07, 2019

By HM

Atria El Camino Gardens was a better facility than where my client is now, but the price was high and they would not let me arrange for him to take his own medication. They insisted that they give him the medication, which cost him $600 a month. The staff members who took care of the residents were very helpful and excellent. They would take him over to the dining room for dinner or lunch. He had a lovely room, but it wasn't so easy to arrange to make it more liveable, so that he wouldn't fall over the furniture and have enough seating. It was carpeted. They had good meals, exercises, church services, and entertainment. They pay too much for what they get.

Thank you for sharing your experience of Atria El Camino Gardens. We value your feedback, and please know that your family's experience is our top priority.

April 19, 2019

By Fred

My dad is doing respite at Atria El Camino Gardens. He likes it and he thinks the staff is very good. The place is nice and clean. His studio apartment is a pretty good size with one room and a bathroom. The facility itself is very nice, there are three restaurant, and the food is wonderful. The caregivers and nurses are very friendly and my dad likes them a lot. They have a lot of activities going on there. My dad doesn't really have any complaints. I personally had some issues with the billing lady because I didn't think they were very clear on the price. They quoted us a price in the beginning, which I thought would be the total sum of it, but they ended up reassessing my dad and raised him up to level two, even though they didn't tell me. After I had already paid them $5,300, they sent us a bill for another $4,800.

Fred, We are honored to serve your dad and your family each day. Your feedback is important to us, and please know that we value your experience. If you would like to talk further about your experience, please contact us.

October 18, 2018

By Cindy

We're very happy with Atria El Camino Gardens. We chose it because of the location and what they have to offer. It was just very nice and they have a pretty good price. We really liked the variety of eating venues and the rooms were nicely redone. They have nice outdoor spaces. You never felt cramped and there was plenty of room. The food was fabulous and was a big selling point.

March 14, 2018

By Rick

Atria El Camino Gardens was nice, very clean, and welcoming. The facilities were very nice. The rooms were fine. I saw a room and it was very clean. The eating facilities were very nice. The people seemed happy. It was lunchtime, so that was the primary activity that was going on at that time. They have movies and they play cards. Actually, the person I was supposed to meet wasn't there, which bothered me. There was nothing special with the staff.

May 31, 2017

By marci342365

Atria El Camino Gardens was a great place; that’s why we chose it. The food and the people I have worked with were fantastic, so I would definitely recommend them. They had 3 different restaurants there: fine dining, a grill, and a café. The rooms were completely remodeled and topnotch, with beautiful tiles and upgraded carpets. They were very nice.

May 30, 2017

By a-family-member147046

I chose Atria for my father; it had wonderful amenities and excellent food, and it's a lively community. The residents are out and about, and interacting with one another. It's bright and clean, and it's light. Everybody was gracious. The activity he liked most was virtual bowling. He's been to some of the lectures, and some come in to do musical performances, but he's also pretty active and involved with us as a family.

February 11, 2017

By Annetta451431

Atria El Camino Gardens is warm, friendly, helpful, and above all, immaculately clean. Everyone is so nice. There's lots to do. The food is marvelous. My mother's room is simple, modern, clean, and freshly painted. They have many activities and an excellent social director who keeps the residents active. We got excellent feedback from the residents, who were welcoming to my mother. I definitely recommend this community.

October 21, 2016

By JE161158

We liked Atria El Camino Gardens a lot. It was spacious with grass and nice grounds around it and had a variety of places to eat. The downfall was that there was going to be construction and the carpets would be replaced. We were considering it very strongly because the price was right. The staff was so friendly and helpful.

September 29, 2016

By Cheri201151

Atria El Camino Gardens was in the midst of a remodel at the time that I visited. They had 3 different eating areas, and it was 7 to 7 dining. They have trained chefs, and they have really good restaurant-type foods. My mom is a smoker, so I was looking for places that had reasonable smoking areas; they did have an interior smoking area. The community was nice and big, but I thought the rooms were really small and dark. I felt that a person might get lost because it was so big. They have a lot of activities. They did have a lot of parking, too. The public areas looked really good.

July 27, 2016

By Jim107726

Atria El Camino Gardens' entrance was better, and the food was hot. The residents were very nice. They were all pretty non-descript and nice. They had a library and movie room.

July 13, 2016

By Maggie666

The facility is clean, well run, and extensive in services and amenities. In addition, the staff is friendly and helpful, the community's prices competitive. One resident, in fact, mentioned that he had visited ten such facilities in this area and found this community the best. I, too, have investigated numerous facilities and found Atria of El Camino Gardens the only facility I feel comfortable to have my parents placed. It is an amazing community designed for the elderly to thrive and find enjoyment in their later years.

June 10, 2016

By Liane837448

We went to The Atria. We liked the rooms, which were spacious enough. We looked at a one-bedroom, and I think we did see studios, too, that were nice. It looked like they were nicely kept up and certainly spacious enough for the needs we needed for my mom. We weren’t focused on activities, but they certainly seemed to have a variety of them. All of the staff that we met was responsive and friendly. It felt very comfortable to walk into. It was clean and didn’t feel formal. It felt like you’re in your own home. They were nice people.

May 24, 2016

By purplemist

We took my parents out of this facility due to faulty management. HORRIBLE is an understatement. The food was disgusting, care sub par, facility dirty and I could go on and on. Dont make the mistake we did.

I’m sorry to hear about your frustrations and would like to learn from your experience. You can connect with me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

March 08, 2016

By Loretta14

I’ve toured Atria El Camino Gardens. It’s dirty and disgusting. It’s gross; it smells like poop and dirty diapers. They were under remodeled which I understand. The staff was nice.

Loretta, I'd like to learn more about your visit so I can get a better idea of your experience in our community. Please send me an email at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com so I can help.

March 08, 2016

By Caring Visitor41

Atria El Camino Gardens was lovely and the one we really liked for my sister-in-law, but it was far, and we could not afford it. When you walk into the foyer, you feel like you are checking in to a really nice hotel. They had a concierge desk at the front. It was a beautiful place. We were offered a meal. They had open dining all of the time with a very good chef on staff, plus three different restaurants within the community. The rooms were very nice. They had a game room, ceramics, and movies. The activities board was full of different options, so that you could do all kinds of stuff. Also, they had on-site therapy and staff that worked with the clients. The staff was delightful. Everyone was very nice when we were introduced. You could see them interacting with the clients and that they knew them by name and greeted them very nicely. You could tell that the clients really liked it there.

January 29, 2016

By KC6

My mother chose Atria El Camino Gardens personally because of proximity to her friends. They are undergoing renovation, so it is very nice now. Mom’s apartment is small, but cozy. They have been very receptive, and she is very comfortable there. They have a resident counsellor. The residents are engaged in a lot of activities. They have a movie theather, and they go on outings. It is a really nice place. They have two dining rooms, and they are very nice. They have a restaurant-type menu which is very nice too.

January 19, 2016

By Caring son25

We put my mother in the Atria El Camino Gardens, and it’s worked out pretty well, so far. The staff is very attentive and nice, and seem to take good care of her. She seems very happy. She just called me today to tell me that she was really proud of herself for actually getting up and going into breakfast at 7 a.m. One of the big reasons why we chose this place is because they had a more flexible eating arrangement; it’s kind of a 24/7 bistro that she just goes and eats whenever she’s up for it. She’s not forced to go at certain times of the day, and they have really good food there. I’ve eaten this food with her a few times, and it’s good stuff. It’s a really active community that's always doing fun stuff, and my mom seems to have made some friends. The place has a little salon where she can get her hair and nails done, and she likes that. They have their own movie theater, and they also play music.

December 18, 2015

By Sheryl Dodd-Hansen

Excellent - Staff members are attentive & professional. The food is tasty. The activities are very good and engaging.

November 07, 2015

By Louise Simpson

The staff provides excellent care. They are always very kind and compassionate. The residents are treated with respect, and their individual needs are recognized. The activities provided are stimulating and always done in a non-threatening, fun environment.

October 31, 2015

By Grateful Daughter-in-law

The dining room is the best feature of Atria El Camino Gardens. It is truly restaurant-style dining. They have a wonderful brunch once a month on a Sunday, and families are welcome at a minimal cost. The staff is very polite, helpful, and professional. My mother-in-law's apartment is at ground level, and it walks out to a lovely courtyard patio area. She has joined in exercise class for arthritis sufferers, and she has gone to a church service in their facility limo. However, it's under an incredible amount of construction right now, which is disruptive.

October 28, 2015

By AbbyJ

I looked at Atria El Camino. It was very nice. It has a very nice one-bedroom apartment, which was basically a studio apartment. The people were friendly. It had a very nice area for eating. There was an exit to the garden coming from the apartment, which was very nice. They were accommodating. I had not seen a lot of activities, but seemed like people were doing pretty much their own thing. The neighborhood was very nice. There were lots of trees, and it was pretty accessible a to hospital. It was closer to our house.

October 27, 2015

I visited Atria. I was not very impressed with it. It had a very quiet atmosphere, which is fine for people who want it quiet. I don't want it quiet. I want a nice, healthy, lively atmosphere. If somebody wants peace and quiet, then they're going to get it at Atria. Also they didn't deodorize the air. In other words, they put out the air freshener, and it was too perfumed. It made me wonder what they were covering up. It almost smelled like bathroom deodorizer, and I didn't like that. They need to figure how to deodorize the air without making it smell like it is covering something up.

Thanks for visiting. We’re sorry that our community was not a perfect fit for you but welcome you back at any time and appreciate your valuable feedback. If you’d like to share more, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

June 30, 2015

By Caring113199350

My mother is at Atria El Camino Gardens. They are doing a $15M makeover of it, so there is going to be a facelift. I know they have a number of activities there.

June 21, 2015

By Justin Hampton

Great place with a great staff! My grandmother lived here in Assisted Living for many years and she loved it. She enjoyed all the activities and field trips that are always going on. The staff was always very nice and patient with her. It is comforting to know that the ones you love the most are being well takin care of when we were unable to be there.

April 17, 2015

By Dawn27

I just signed the rental agreement at Atria El Camino Gardens for my mother. The staff was helpful and attentive. I took a tour, and they were friendly. The place looked nice. It seemed like they had good activities. The food looked good. They were undergoing some renovations, and they were upgrading rooms. They had activities like an art show. I think the price for the value seems very good.

April 10, 2015

By Tricia10

El Camino was a very large facility, and my mother's ability for movement is not huge, so that would have been an adjustment issue. It was just too big for my mom.

Hi, Tricia. Thanks for visiting our community. We’re sorry that Atria El Camino Gardens is not a perfect fit for your mother. We try to keep our event and service spaces in close proximity of each other. You feedback is valuable to us. If you’d like to share more with us, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

March 08, 2015

By Nancy103165850

Atria El Camino Gardens is the first place my mom was at. The staff was amazing. They are absolutely wonderful. The rooms were OK and adequate. They had activities for the residents like art activities. They would have some sorting activities too. On rare occasion, somebody would play the piano. I have tried eating here, and the food was really good. I think the thing I enjoyed about them is their staff because they were so wonderful and good. The biggest disadvantage of this place is that you can open the door. Even if the alarm goes off, the residents could leave, and it opens up to a busy street. My mother learned that if she held the door down for a few seconds, the door would open, and she would head straight to the busy street. That’s why we were forced to move her because of the safety issue.

February 26, 2015

By Juneko

My mom just came from Atria. They are a lot more expensive. After the first of the year they always raise their rate, and it becomes a little unaffordable. They do it by raising it both on the room and the medical price. After I moved in there, one of the tenants kind of forewarned me that it was going to happen. Although it is a really nice place and if I had the money, I'd love to stay there too. People seem to be a little healthier and a little more upbeat. They have a lot more activities, but you are paying twice as much. It is very expensive.

January 17, 2015

By Nancy104602350

I had seen Atrial El Camino Gardens, but it would not do for my mom. It was too big. However, my tour there was excellent. It was beautiful, but it did not meet our needs, and the cost was a little higher. The rooms were very nice, but it was a large facility. They had a multitude of activities there because they had a programs director. I had several friends that had been there. I just liked the way the building was laid out. I liked the apartments and the friendliness of the staff. It was a nice place. I really liked them. I would go there.

October 22, 2014

By Gloria35

A gentleman that I knew moved to Atria El Camino. Their dining area was very nice. The rooms were very nice and spacious. They had a lot of activities – casino outings, grocery shopping outings, arts and crafts. They had just a wide range of things for the residents to do.

October 07, 2014

By Mary61767850

I have been in Atria for three weeks now and it is very nice, clean, and spacious, and the staff is very nice. So far so good though. I do not like the spaciousness of the hallways; it’s hard to find your way around. When you are first here, they need someone to be with you a lot to let you know where you are going and what you’re doing. I would sign up for this and what to do with that. They have what they call ambassadors, but I have only seen one, one time. I would say my stay is fair as I am in independent living and there is so little that they can do for you here, but I have people come in from the outside. They have bingo.

August 15, 2014

By LovelyLady00000333

My mom was in Atria for a month for respite care. It was very nice -- my mom liked it, and I don't have any complaints. It was a little pricey because we had to move her in in such a hurry. The rooms were very nice. It was pretty clean, but some of the upholstery and the chairs needed freshening up. There was no smell. The dining room was fantastic; the food was fine and my mom liked it.

July 19, 2014

Atria El Camino Gardens was OK. The grounds were fine. I think the rooms were fine. They looked comfortable and nice to me. They had activities. The staff was friendly and answered all my questions. However, they started out as assisted living, and the price goes up depending on how much assistance they have to give. I looked and realized that this could be very expensive. They were not straight up and weren't as clean as the other one I saw.

Thank you for coming in for a tour of our community. I am sorry we did not end up being a perfect fit for you. Atria prides itself on our high standards for cleanliness and would like to hear more about your experience. If you are willing to share or feel we can be of further assistance, please email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including “Atria El Camino Gardens” in the subject line so we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence.

June 17, 2014

We felt that Atria had a friendly staff. The facilities looked pretty good. It looked to us.

June 10, 2014

We already found a place for my spouse. He's at The Atria and he's fine. It had nice people. I liked the staff. He's in a very small room, and that's something he's trying to change. He's on a waiting list to get a bigger space.

March 31, 2014

By Johnie2

My mom is in Atria. Because she's in a wheelchair, she doesn't have to worry about the elevators or stairs, and their dining area isn’t that far from where she is staying. The people were pleasant and friendly when we went there. My mom likes it. She says she'd push the thing on her wrist, and they'd come and get her, and they take her to the dining room or wherever she wants to go. She is really happy about the food. She gave all her dishes and stuff to the grandkids because she isn’t going to be fixing any meals. They have a movie room, and they have an area where the people come and play the piano. They have a nice fireplace that people were sitting around.

March 26, 2014

We decided to check out Atria El Camino Gardens and we decided to move mom in there. She was at their independent living side when we first move in there, but she is deteriorating and so right we are moving her into their memory care facility. Right now, she is not getting much care and it is kind of disappointing. It's really a big facility and if you're pretty self-sufficient I think it’s a good facility. In their memory care unit, there are only 35 people who lives there and a smaller environment. The staff are pretty good about everything.

I am sorry to hear of your mother’s deteriorating condition and thank you for your feedback. We would like to connect with you personally to resolve your concerns about her care. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include "Atria El Camino Gardens" in your subject line.

February 24, 2014

We enjoyed our walkthrough at Atria El Camino Gardens. We found it very clean and the people were very hospitable. The workers and even the residents seemed very happy. The rooms are of adequate size. We looked only at a two bedroom which was occupied because unfortunately they don’t have any openings at this point and if we chose to go there we would have to be on a waiting list.

January 30, 2014

By Eva8

Atria El Camino Gardens was absolutely clean. I was impressed that it was updated. The staff were very kind, helpful and polite. The rooms were nice and of the right size. They had a lot of amenities and activities. It was also fairly close to us. But we missed the deadline and the prices went up, they tried any way they could to help us. I really liked that they did that. If I would move into a facility, I would go here.

September 26, 2013

By Victoria8

Atria El Camino Gardens was nice. They offer a lot of services. The facility wasn't smelly and the staff was friendly. The clients were friendly too and they were up and about, involving themselves in different things.

September 24, 2013

By Carol70437350

I heard about Atria El Camino through a friend and recommended it to me. I visited the place and the staff were very friendly. The people there seemed happy. The place is clean. The rooms are nice. They have one bedroom with little living room with patio. The dining room is very open and airy.

May 09, 2012

By paramedicguy

When we would respond to a call, the staff was very helpful and professional, but also very honest about the different reasons they felt the facility was responsible for the fall, or medical issue the patient was experiencing. A good example of this was when I responded to the facility for a fall in June of 2011 and was told by the staff that the patient had not been given the proper medications due to the facility not completing the proper steps to ensure that they had not run out of the specific prescription. The end result of the patient falling was then attributed by the staff member to the patient's Blood Pressure no longer being controlled by the medicine. I was also informed that this had occurred before under similar circumstances and that the staff member would be requesting the matter to be investigated.

August 23, 2011

By guardian angel

Atria-El Camino Gardens is located northeast to Reno on I-80 about 20 minutes from downtown Sacramento off El Camino Avenue and Garfield Avenue. In the past I participated in a volunteer Christmas show, along with other events. It is simply a gorgeous campus inside and out. The grounds are covered with gardens, shrubs, and shade trees. Inner courts make for fun activities. Patios are decked with umbrella shaded tables, not a bad seat in any of the courtyards. The décor is bright, warm, and friendly. Resident rooms and apartments are spacious, lovely, and state of the art. The dining rooms, activity rooms, and visiting areas remind one of an up-scale hotel without the snootiness. Uniquely, El Camino is equipped for three levels of care, independent, assisted living, and Alzheimer's care. That way significant others whose condition may be better or worse can stay close to one another. The staff, especially the caregivers, and dietary helpers are likewise, down to earth. Seldom is heard a discouraging word. Rarely in 5 years have I even detected an odor issue. The menu is fantastic, and adaptable to all diet types. I've eaten here several times, and I have to agree with the residents, delicious! Add to it the ambiance of the decorated walls and lovely furnishings, it is definitely eye candy. Their activity program is superior. Every effort is made to meld resident with family and staff involvement. They have games, an exercise program, loads of music, frequent entertainment, and outings as varied as the residents likes and dislikes. To keep resident's oriented, the staff stays on top of current events. Except for a few administrative persons, most everyone here makes the residents, and guest feel at home. If a "hotel "can be considered home-like, then El Camino Gardens manages to pull it off in grand fashion. I give them my highest grade a 5 out of 5.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria El Camino Gardens

November 30, 2017

By Jay

I had a friend at Atria El Camino Gardens. The rooms were nice, and the people I've met there have all been nice. The facility was very nice, very clean, very modern, and very up-to-date. I've had decent meals there before with my friend. They had a pool table and a singing group that put on a performance. They're just finishing up a very extensive remodeling.

April 15, 2017

By Queen Victoria Rene

Atria Eskaton is the perfect independent living environment for someone I feel very close to who needs the support and protection that Eskaton Atria El Camino Garden's offers. My income is stable enough to afford the recommended cost without having to be concerns about losing a home or friendships that will generate upon stay. I know plenty about the amenities and support offered and would definitely rate the environment and staff as excellent above other independent and assisted living facilities.

March 06, 2017

By Melanie751340

Atria El Camino Gardens was absolutely gorgeous and surrounded by huge trees. There were table cloths on the table, not some silly map with your name on it in crayon or something gross like that. They supposedly had a chef, although the chef didn’t know that much and wasn’t that elegant. The food was OK, and they had lovely young people serving. The rooms were nice, and we got along very well with most of the people there. There was a list of activities every single day with five or six per day that spanned everything from book clubs to wine tasting. The day that my mother departed was not a good day because she walked away from the facility, and they actually lost her. She was gone for about an hour to an hour and a half and they found her hoofing it down Fair Oaks blvd which is a very busy divided 4-lane street on which people drive 55 and 60 miles an hour. That thought is frightening, but they wouldn’t let her spend the night again. They said her rent would go from $2,500, more or less, to $6,000 a month which was just beyond as far as I was concerned, so I brought her home with me.

June 18, 2016

By Terry452681

Atria El Camino Gardens seemed affordable. It's like you have your own place with an apartment, two or three meals a day, and cleaners who come in once a week. Those are all good qualities for what I wanted. They go on outings to libraries and shopping together.

May 29, 2016

By Sondra675847

I’m already signed, sealed, and delivered Atria El Camino Gardens. Everything I saw, I liked. I think what impressed me the most was it’s a very active, energetic, very friendly, and happy group. It’s big because there are 200+ residents, and that’s what I like. The food is delicious. They have lots of activities, like exercise at least once a day, sometimes twice, and things that I’d be interested in such as a choir, a red hat group, and many outings. I think because they are large, they go to a lot of places, have group socials, have church services come in, and watch movies. It’s being totally remodeled, so everything is brand new, like the carpeting and countertops in the apartments. It has a lot of outdoor space, patio areas, and gardens to look down on. The best thing and probably the most important to me was the friendliness of the people and the staff. I’m in and out now bringing stuff in, and everybody’s so friendly and seem so happy.

May 10, 2016

By Loving DaugherTJXDY

Atria Camino Gardens was under renovation, so there was a lot of stuff going on. The new things that I saw were top notch: high-end finishes, nice furnishings, pretty carpet, and nice decorations. The rooms were going to be nice. The older rooms were average, but the new ones are going to be great. They had two dining rooms in the new building being built that they’re calling a bistro, so they have three restaurant-style areas to eat, which is really nice. They provide three meals that are included in your rent, and have nicer kitchenettes than some of the others although no stove. It had weekly housekeeping with linens and towels, plenty of storage room in the units, and pull cords, activity rooms, and really nice grounds. It was really nice, and the people were very nice to me. I would really like to put my mom in a nice place like this one, but we couldn’t afford it.

March 28, 2016

By Pat V.

My sister is in Atrial El Camino Gardens. She was in the independent living, but last Friday they moved her to memory care. My niece and I have had several interviews and conversations with the executive director, and we are both very pleased with everyone. They treat us with the utmost respect and care, understanding the fact that it is difficult move. We feel that she has the best care. In the independent living, she had a private room with a nice view into a garden area through a very large window. She was close to the dining room. However, I have not seen her room in the memory care yet. I really think that she is given the best care possible. I've eaten there several times and think the food is superb.

February 22, 2015

The age of the people who are at Atria El Camino Gardens was convenient for the age of my sister, and there were enough of those that I thought she would be comfortable. The services offered have been very good. My sister is a diabetic and did not cook well for herself, so having three meals a day provided is excellent. The other thing that is provided for her apartment every week is a vacuum. Her bed is stripped, her bathroom is cleaned, and they then wash those sheets, fold them, and bring them back to her. At this point, she just has learned to meet women to have breakfast with. They welcomed her when they had their welcome for the new people at the first of the month. She got to be introduced, and she participated in a nice fondue party. She seemed to be really excited about that. The place is nice, but it was built a long time ago, and I don't think they updated it, so it looks like an old facility. But the people are really nice -- the staff is really nice. They have what they call an ambassador for the new people, so that she has somebody she can go to and ask any questions she wants -- anything that she has a question about, she has someone that she can talk to about it -- and I like that.

October 05, 2014

By Mary61767850

We are delighted to hear that you are happy with our community and amazing staff. Currently we have 14 Resident Ambassadors on the ready to welcome our new residents and help them get acquainted and feel comfortable in their new home. To help in this process and add a little fun we created an event called “New Resident Social” where new residents get together with their ambassador and mingle. We encourage you to attend and get involved. Please feel free to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com should you have any further questions or concerns we can help you with. Welcome to the El Camino Gardens family!

June 25, 2013

By La Verna

Atria of El Camino was one of the best facilities I've visited so far. I liked the layout of the place, there seemed to be more little places where you can go off and do activities.

Memory Care Reviews for Atria El Camino Gardens

December 08, 2016

By Debbie366761

My dad moved here from Arizona. Right off he was impressed with the facility and the staff. When he moved into memory care, his health declined fast and the staff was so wonderful and patient with him as well as with the family. Even though he has passed, we still miss the staff.

November 29, 2016

By Lori317624

My mother lives in Life Guidance memory care of Atria El Camino, and I have complete confidence and comfort in knowing my mom is in good hands. The staff is well-trained and has huge hearts with the level of care they provide. I can’t think of a better place for my mom.

June 23, 2016

By William300037

Atria El Camino did not have the skilled nursing level to take care of my father-in-law’s urine bag, but it's very clean and had very wonderful staff and admin folks. The rooms were very clean and depending upon the level of care you needed, it would be a place to go to. We would have put him there had they have been able to deal with his prostate issue.

December 22, 2015

By blessings sgough

Greetings, I am a friend of a family who's loved one is living at Atria. I just wanted to let you know that the staff is incredible caring and thoughtful to all. It feels like home and family each time I visit and I have never seen anything negative.

December 21, 2015

By Gretchen Busterud

Everyone at the Atria Life Guidance community is wonderful! They take such great care of my mother who is a resident. They also help us family members with every aspect of our family members’ care and needs, as well as regularly providing us with beautiful events to share together. We are so grateful for every single helper at Life Guidance!!

November 08, 2015

My husband is at Atria El Camino Gardens. What they advertised is not necessarily what they have there as far as care. I think some of the staff needs to be better trained to take care of memory-care patients. They are remodeling the facility too. They have garden rooms that they are renovating. My husband's room is plain. It has its own bath and shower, but there are problems with the lights. It does have a sliding glass door, but it has an alarm on it, so you can't use it. Also the sliding door only opens about 2 inches. The vertical blinds aren't terribly expensive vertical blinds. So far, we had five of the flaps already down and my husband has only been there eight weeks. The expensive ones don't do that. His room has carpeting, and it is clean. The room itself is a room, with a closet, and that's it. There is nothing exciting about it.

Thanks for being a part of the Atria family. We’d like to connect with you about your comments, so please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

November 02, 2015

By californiason

My mother was in the "Life Guidance" memory care unit at Atria El Camino Gardens. I as told the director of the unit on multiple occasions, I was so glad that we made the decision to have our mom live there for the last period of her life. I experienced the staff to be observant and caring. I felt like they really kept an eye on our mom, and cared about what they were doing. Every time I left, I thanked them for taking care of her. I have no hesitation or reservation recommending this memory care unit to other families that might be trying to make a decision about where to place an aging parent.

September 30, 2015

By Valerie Remington

My father, Wally is in memory care. Everyone at Atria has gone above and beyond for my dad, my brother and myself. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for Atria and their staff. I feel very fortunate that my dad and family have Atria in our lives.

August 18, 2015

By Mary McKenzie

My mother is a resident at Atria El Camino Gardens, Life Guidance. My family and I are very happy with the conditions at Atria, impressed by how kind and well-trained the employees are. This facility is excellent in every way, and we feel grateful and lucky to have our mother living here!

June 18, 2015

By thisistheplace

My mother lived at Atria El Camino Gardens Life Guidance for over two years. She loved the staff and called Life Guidance home. They helped her on her dementia journey with respect, compassion and love. Even after she passed away, they were there to help me. The staff is outstanding!

June 15, 2015

By Art's Niece

This is an amazing facility. My uncle was a resident at Atria El Camino Gardens Life Guidance Center. I toured other facilities prior to him going to this Atria facility. This was by far the best facility we found. Every person was kind and understanding. They helped my aunt understand the Alzheimer's disease process better. They provided a wonderful book to both of us that helped us understand how they would focus my uncle's care. It is obvious that everyone is well trained in the care of someone with Alzheimer's. The staff worked with us when issues came up. Ingrid the director was especially helpful and answered questions, gave us direction when we needed it and was loving and kind. This facility promotes a family atmosphere that no other facility could equal. There were plenty of activities to stimulate his mind but the staff knew just when he needed quiet time or some guidance. The entire staff was excellent and I would not hesitate one minute in recommending these people for caring for someone in need of memory care. I can only say thank you to everyone there.

June 10, 2015

By dbabayco

Atria El Camino in Carmichael has been a home to our mother for the past 5 years. She has gone from independent living to assisted living to memory care. She has received consistent good care from the staff. They are very thorough and go above and beyond their duties to assist in whatever way they can. She has loved the variety of food they offer and made friends with many of the waiters and waitresses. I highly recommend this wonderful place to anyone looking for quality service. Appreciation goes to the wonderful people in the memory care unit. They are very much in tune to their residents. My hat is off to Ingrid, the memory care director, who runs a smooth ship and for keeping our family in the loop.

June 09, 2015

By jsaint

I doubt we could ever find a care facility as wonderful as Life Guidence at Atria El Camino Gardens is for our Mom. She is loved and gently cared for in a clean, happy, thoughtful environment. The men and women working in the memory care unit truly understand the challenges faced by their aging residents, as well as the concerns of family members. I often think what special people they are and how lucky we are as I watch them give care with compassion and good humor.
See all Memory Care reviews (17) See fewer reviews

• Licenses: 347000389

• Independent Living Starting At: $1995/month
  • Get Costs

About Atria El Camino Gardens

At Atria El Camino Gardens, you'll find a new home that's warm and welcoming. Interesting social activities and morning exercise classes help residents thrive. Located in a quiet neighborhood in Carmichael, Atria El Camino Gardens is just a short distance from downtown Sacramento.

Atria El Camino Gardens offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
    • Choice of apartments
    • Anytime Cafe
    • Full-time director of events and activities
    • Emergency call system in every apartment
    • Daily restaurant-style meals
    • Housekeeping services
    • Medication assistance
    • Scheduled local transportation
    • Memory Care - Life Guidance

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria El Camino Gardens